Tinted windows on a white zed?

RobD7

Guys,

What is the general opinion of tints on a white zed (I'm not talking heavily blacked out!)? Does anyone have any pictures of a white one done?

Thanks,

Rob :)

Take a look at the first pic on my following thread of my 370 in the showroom - just the way the light was doing things ;)

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=31076

Nice one Colin - thanks... Still can't make my mind up though! Have always done it on every car but want to avoid a zebra look (not saying yours does!) :lol:

Guys,

What is the general opinion of tints on a white zed (I'm not talking heavily blacked out!)? Does anyone have any pictures of a white one done?

Thanks,

Rob :)

Take a look at the first pic on my following thread of my 370 in the showroom - just the way the light was doing things ;)

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=31076

Nice one Colin - thanks... Still can't make my mind up though! Have always done it on every car but want to avoid a zebra look (not saying yours does!) :lol:

Know what you mean - someone said when they saw the pic it had a Stig look - I can live with that :lol:

Just had mine done on Firday. Rear window and sun strip only, side windows are already factory tinted to uk legal limit. Not sure if UK cars have a factory tint or not, mine is a JDM. Looks great now, very happy i did it.

Sun strip.

Negative.

Each to their own :)

Cheers for the responses. I have to admit I'm shocked to hear the front windows are already done! You barely notice it. Therefore I'm starting to question whether more windows done like that are worth it as it still won't be noticeable!

Cheers for the responses. I have to admit I'm shocked to hear the front windows are already done! You barely notice it. Therefore I'm starting to question whether more windows done like that are worth it as it still won't be noticeable!

I was also - the rear window is also tinted to the same amount (or at least mine was). You can check by putting a white A4 piece of paper behind the glass, you'll see the tint straight away if there is one. Putting a light tint on the rear adds to the existing tint and works well in my opinion, you can tell it's done but it's no where near blacked out. Helps keep the headlights (and fog lights :rant:) behind you from blinding you at night too which is a bonus.

wots ur interior- black or alezan? cos that can make a difference

only reason i didnt bother with tints is cos its a full black leather interior and with the factory tint they already look quite dark so i wouldnt really notice a big difference

Yeh I only found out when I was pulled over (and I wasnt speeding....!) I asked the copper if he had a reader in the car and he kindly obliged in testing the windows... when he saw the fronts were at 32% he was suprised due to the legal limits so he tried it on the windscreen and that was 31%.. he then tried his to make sure and it showed 34% on his volvo... tut tut tut!!

I think if you do go darker with a 60 to 70 (inc the 30% already on!) on the rear sides and rear and if you can get another 10% on the fronts it will flow nicely :)

Yeh I only found out when I was pulled over (and I wasnt speeding....!) I asked the copper if he had a reader in the car and he kindly obliged in testing the windows... when he saw the fronts were at 32% he was suprised due to the legal limits so he tried it on the windscreen and that was 31%.. he then tried his to make sure and it showed 34% on his volvo... tut tut tut!!

I think if you do go darker with a 60 to 70 (inc the 30% already on!) on the rear sides and rear and if you can get another 10% on the fronts it will flow nicely :)

That sounds good, however, surely any movement on the front ones makes them illegal!? What's the legal limit on the back ones? Thanks also for all the other responses. :)

That sounds good, however, surely any movement on the front ones makes them illegal!? What's the legal limit on the back ones? Thanks also for all the other responses. :)

Yeh as Ian said, no limit on the back and rear sides but if you went to 40 on the fronts you may get away with it...

What annoys me is that you see footballers and celebs pulling away in their RR's with a police presence around them and they are running limo tints and no one seems to care... you do it and get pulled and your requested to remove...

Yeh as Ian said, no limit on the back and rear sides but if you went to 40 on the fronts you may get away with it...

What annoys me is that you see footballers and celebs pulling away in their RR's with a police presence around them and they are running limo tints and no one seems to care... you do it and get pulled and your requested to remove...

+1 such BS

need to invent some kind of lcd tint you can turn on and off.

pigs come by you flick it off then soon as they leave black it back out !