Finally got to work today!

nixy

Made it to work today but NOT in the zed. He is well and truly snowed in, in the garage - the only good thing about that is that he is looking clean and shiny!

My son had the day off work today and so i borrowed his Type R - was a pretty scary journey in and even the main roads were not clear - i can only assume due to a lack of traffic on them as it was eerily quiet! Type R was great though, never put a foot wrong. :thumbs:

Reckon i'll be working from home again Monday - bought a big pile of stuff home with me today!

I have'nt managed to get in since Tuesday. Not too bad though as my students are working on projects this week so no lectures, and I've been able to get a shed load of marking done that I wouldn't have been able to otherwise. More snow forecast this weekend so may not even be able to get in on Monday. :wacko:

NO SHE ISN'T! :lol:

He is a little sod! He phoned me to see if his car was ok (not me) and i told him how i had to melt the ice out of the wheel arches as it was frozen to the tyres. Without even letting me finish my sentence he was saying "oh so you burned my clutch out....." He needs a slap! :lol:

i noticed the wheel arches were full of ice welded to the tyres before i even got in it - course i got the ice out first! I can tell you now HE would have driven off with it like that! :lol:

He thinks he's flaming Lewis Hamilton! :dry:

I have'nt managed to get in since Tuesday. Not too bad though as my students are working on projects this week so no lectures, and I've been able to get a shed load of marking done that I wouldn't have been able to otherwise. More snow forecast this weekend so may not even be able to get in on Monday. :wacko:

Is it that bad down your way? I only had the one day where I couldn't be arsed getting the car out but been working the rest of the week :dry: The main roads are pretty good up this end

Is it that bad down your way? I only had the one day where I couldn't be arsed getting the car out but been working the rest of the week :dry: The main roads are pretty good up this end

No it's not that bad at all. It's just my road is on a slightish incline and it's like polished glass at the moment. And with the Zed as my daily drive and its lack of traction I cant get out of my estate :angry:

No it's not that bad at all. It's just my road is on a slightish incline and it's like polished glass at the moment. And with the Zed as my daily drive and its lack of traction I cant get out of my estate :angry:

Yeah, the hill leading up to my house is like that. It took me 10 minutes to get up there a few nights back in the Vectra & even then I ended up parking out there because my street had iced over where the snow had been dug out & closer to my house there is still a load of snow