Centimetres

ATTAK Z

i teach in mm, but am impressed that my year 11's often work in inches, when they want material. i encourage multi-numeric techniques. :teeth:

i love the way we're mean to be a decimal nation, yet we still sell copper pipes in inches for the guage, but metres for the length, we measure distance in miles and fuel economy in mpg, but buy our fuel in litres.

i love our quirky nations use of measurments.

does make me laugh, i remember hearing about a project with i think NASA building rocket parts in the uk. the brits were sending drawings in metric, but the yanks were building in imperial. apparently it was a monumental c0ck up that cost alot of moeny when they realsied the parts didn't fit :lol:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i teach in mm, but am impressed that my year 11's often work in inches, when they want material. i encourage multi-numeric techniques. :teeth:

i love the way we're mean to be a decimal nation, yet we still sell copper pipes in inches for the guage, but metres for the length, we measure distance in miles and fuel economy in mpg, but buy our fuel in litres.

does make me laugh, i remember hearing about a project with i think NASA building rocket parts in the uk. the brits were sending drawings in metric, but the yanks were building in imperial. apparently it was a monumental c0ck up that cost alot of moeny when they realsied the parts didn't fit :lol:

Can just see the yanks assembling a 1:25 scale replica :lol::lol:

Can just see the yanks assembling a 1:25 scale replica :lol::lol:

Unless its from Texus where everything is so much bigger than here! :lol:

More to add. Due to the Zed snowed in at my workplace for 5 days, I`ve been using my Dads Qashqai. Yesterday I used his satnav and found it amusing has on screen it was showing distance in feet but the voice was telling me in yards :bounce: Anything would have been amusing after spending 3 hours travelling 32 miles :bang: but it was well worth the time :dance: it was the trip to collect my nes SCORPION exhaust :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: