Wiper arm fouling windscreen

terribleone

Hi all.

Have a bit of a niggle with my Zed...when the wipers are going, the wiper arm is very slightly fouling the windscreen!

Not enough to cause damage, but enough to squeak every time it brushes over and drive me mad! :lol:

It's the part right at the arm hinge which is fouling, and the arms are so beefy (compared to other cars I've had) that I can't imagine they'd twist and cause the problem. Conversely I doubt I could twist them a bit and solve the problem!! I tried the blades from my MR2 thinking that maybe different blades may help the arm sit further away from the screen, but to no avail!

Has anyone else had this and found a fix? It's got me a bit stumped at the minute!! :headhurt:

The other day when my screen was very frosty, I inadvertently put the wipers on and the drivers side arm made a slight mark in the frost in the same way your nearside one is doing. I guess the tolerance is very small. Could you not file off the bit that is catching?

Just a thought.... when the muppet from autoglass came to fit a new windscreen on my Zed he put the wiper arms back on the wrong way and mine did exactly the same.

Each arm has a big "R" and "L" on.... just have a quick look and see.... maybe the problem

If they are on the right way round, are you sure that the arm is sitting correctly on the spindle (out of the picture shot)? If it is slightly askew that could lead to your problem, given the minimal clearance there is when things are positioned 100%.