Aero wipers

Shaun1982

Dont know if this is the correct place but couldnt think where to stick it,anywhooo, has anyone got aero wipers on their zed?I could do with some really & might go get some shortly if halfrauds are still open.What codes do people have?

I had a quick look in the book in halfrauds the other week but didnt find the zed at all & you know what theyre like in those places :bangin:

I've had them for a couple of years. They clear the screen! :lol:

Can't remember the size off the top of my head. I think I'm going to buy some for the gaylander (crimbo treat for it) as I think they are far superior.

If its anything like the PIAA ones, you get different fittings with them. You just need to measure the lengths. I'm sure they are about 20" and 18" or something like that, but best to measure them ;)

Pretty sure they are 18 & 20 :thumbs:

Good good, all sorted. I recommend the PIAA ones if you can afford them, they are brill. In lashing rain you dont even need them as the water just beads off the window B)

Yep, wipe the windows with the cloth provided and then a good coating of rain-x after you wash the car!

I had some Aero wipers on my Zed whe I got it, did not like them at all, I thinks its worth paying a bit extra to get something decent.... and you will be able to see where your going.

Plus PIAA wipers come with some small packets of magic stuff :clap::wiggle:

I didnt go out in the end as i had presents all over the zed so didnt fancy leaving them in there :lol: bloody useless passenger wiper though tonight,didnt want to clear that side at all :thumbdown:

Never gave rain-x a try,tried the rain-x anti fog stuff though....never EVER again.made a right mess of my windows,all in all i ended up cleaning them before putting it on then twice after to try & get rid of the crap it left behind :yuck:

PIAA have a nice selection of liquids which i will be upgrading to when my rainex runs out.

check out envy's website as they have it, although when i tried to get hold of it they were having peoblems getting stock, but this was ages ago so i'm sure they'll have it in now.

Used the PIAA liquid to start with an its prety good stuff as it has silicone in to help the wipers. Good stuff for in the washer bottle.

Only got Rainx as I won some!

Used the rainx antifog wipes in the zed to some effect but now just keep the AC on all the time and dont get condensation! Did use them in a mates classic Merc to great effect.. Didnt seem to have any issue with anything left behind..

One tip for longevity of blades though... Dont use them to try and get rid of ice from the window! Turn you demist on and leave the car to warm for a while and then remove the ice with a cloth or gloved hands... Using them on iced windows acts like sandpaper on both the window and the wiper blade and distroys the blades very quickly..