Anyone signed up to UKfreerace on facebook?

3FIDDYZ

Doesnt quite sound like its worth entering if there are proper pro drivers there! Of course they will be better than everyone else :bangin:

Well done on giving it a go chap! What was the format? Were you just doing timed laps?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt quite sound like its worth entering if there are proper pro drivers there! Of course they will be better than everyone else :bangin:

Well done on giving it a go chap! What was the format? Were you just doing timed laps?

it was 5 minutes on track with 1 timed lap at the end.

just one lap to prove it, any mistakes, your out. :shrug:

was great fun though and really enjoyed it, and the instructor with me gave me useful tips to increase my lap speed.

i'm happy with my effort, but it has driven me to want to do more track stuff. just got to save up the money for it. :blush:

Glad u had fun Rich......its all experience ..........why on earth were there pros there :wacko:

the race today will be interesting, it will have the 9 people who qualified form yesterday up against i believe 2 celebrities from topgear/fifth gear. and 3 racing drivers (think one is a touring car driver). (none of whom had to qualify yesterday :lol: )

the track layout is made up of concrete blocks and scrap cars. :scare::teeth:

Glad u had fun Rich......its all experience ..........why on earth were there pros there :wacko:

the race today will be interesting, it will have the 9 people who qualified form yesterday up against i believe 2 celebrities from topgear/fifth gear. and 3 racing drivers (think one is a touring car driver). (none of whom had to qualify yesterday :lol: )

the track layout is made up of concrete blocks and scrap cars. :scare::teeth:

Think it'd be more fun watching it than entering it, sounds like it will make a brilliant race to watch! :teeth:

RT, what was your time in relation to those that qualified?

i don't know they don't say. if you qualified, they rang you between 5-8 last night. if you didn't answer after 8 they went on to the reserves.

i did ask about a league table and if they were going to publish all the times in a leaderboard style. they said they weren't sure, but if they did it will go up on facebook.

i laughed when i read this on facebook, mixed opinions it seems on the result... well done to the winners, and im sure it was an ace day out for everyone seeing as it was a freebie.

And the winners are........

Nick Tandy in 1st place

Robbie Kerr in 2nd place

Ryan Lindsey in 3rd place

James Littlejohn in 4th place

Nick Tandy: Porsche Carrea Cup Racer Formula Palmer Audi championship winner and British F3.

Robbie Kerr: Former A1 GP Race Winner.

Ryan Lindsey: Formula Ford Racing Driver.

James Littlejohn: Asian Formula 3 Championship.

What a joke....

What exactly the whole point of it was I dont know! I guess you could just look at it as a fun day out! :drive1 Because no matter how much raw talent you have, you wont be beating trained drivers in the wet! At least RJN got some good business out of it and no doubt learnt a thing or two about the 370z

didn't stand a f'ing chance :lol:

i got the results for the day in an email with the scoring for the day on it :)

will post up in a bit

Does that have everyone on it? :teeth:

Nice one Rich, you got a good handling score seeing who you were up against! :thumbs:

+1 shame about the penalty

yeah did the figure of 8 section the wrong way round :blush:

i did it 8 times before hand got it right everytime, then on the timed lap didi the last bit in reverse,

instructed said it was a respectable time and did it in 26 seconds, but he would have to give me a 5 sec penalty due to going the wrong way.

i had fun but its a shame it was such a short time on track, and that i had no chance of getting to the final. i'm guessing it was to give people a taste of the 370z without the risk of an unqualified spanking it early in the real race.

• 3 weeks later...