Choosing an exhaust

exile86

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried searching? ;)

I decided asking you lot on here is far more productive than speaking to the google :teeth:

I meant searching this site not Google. Surprisingly enough you're not the first person to ask this question in the last 4 years! :)

Being the impatient type i couldnt wait and ended up buying the milltek cat back for it last night.... £750 inc fitting..... being done this friday

Congrats - good choice ;) But then I would say that :lol:

Let us know the difference on Friday - you will be pleasantly surprised. I just hope you weren't looking for any extra noise - there's not much difference- but that was the reason I went for it - subtlety and performance (and the fact there was a 2nd hand one on my doorstep) :thumbs:

Lads - *NEWSFLASH* - the loudness of your exhaust is not in direct proportion to the size of your C**k - stop the willy waving - in this case it really is 'function over form' :lol::lol:

Raspy & backfiring?! :scare:

U sure your mate's is Milltek (and its a zed Milltek?) Remember their sales pitch is 'performance to blow your mind not your ears'........

Coupled with HFCs perhaps???

I've never seen (or heard) a milltek popping and rasping.

Raspy & backfiring?! :scare:

U sure your mate's is Milltek (and its a zed Milltek?) Remember their sales pitch is 'performance to blow your mind not your ears'........

Coupled with HFCs perhaps???

I've never seen (or heard) a milltek popping and rasping.

;) this is why 'one' chickened out of the HFCs :lol::lol:

Nope, he says it was just a cat back milltek (he no longer has the car as it had a rather fast encounter with a tree!)

I was looking for some sound improvement and the guys i bought it from said it would deliver this (AMD Technik).... hmmmmm maybe friday wont be such a great day!!!!

So is anything going to be noticeable or have i just paid £750 for a more shiny exhaust?

If you're driving a JDM zed you will hear a difference - if its a UK you will hear a slight tonal difference over 3.5/4k revs. Then again supposedly you can put the same exhaust on identical cars and it will sound different.

Milltek only make resonated exhausts for the zed.

You should also find a difference in low/mid range torque and I definately had an improved throttle response - which to fully exploit requires a wee 'flash' next year ;):teeth:

Take it you have seen this?

Miltek are not loud, if you wanted loud, raspy and popping you should of gone buddy club as pete suggested, very aggressive sounding exhaust and great value for money as you get a y pipe included.

Also as my dyno plot reveals the loudness is deserved with the buddy club, as it gives solid power gains unlike a lot of the other exhausts :-)