Choosing an exhaust

exile86

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought fiddy had an RSW?

i've got an invidia true Dual, and as of tomorrow should have some kinetix HFC's mated up to it. will feed back later tomorrow when i've been for a drive. :teeth:

Mark has an Amuse :)

Get some videos uip also I was looking at the invidias? what you think of yours?

will do at some point. when first fitted it didn't sound much different from stock, especially without any load on the engine. but over 3.5k it does sound nice. its quite reserved. hence why i've decided to add the HFC's the idea being to get the little extra noise i wanted without it being unlivable with. currently its great, no drone and very useable on long drives. but i miss the popples and back fires my old exhaust on my old car had. so i hope the HFC's will bring that aspect, without making the exhaust unbearable on long drives.

i thought fiddy had an RSW?

i've got an invidia true Dual, and as of tomorrow should have some kinetix HFC's mated up to it. will feed back later tomorrow when i've been for a drive. :teeth:

Mark has an Amuse :)

i thought he had an RSW before the AMuse? sold it to someone on here? i may have all my facts muddled so ignore me :blush:

Did 3fiddy not have a 5zigen pro racer?

Will be good to see some videos of yours with the HFC's installed ... I like the sound of it being reserved but like yourself after time id want something a bit more raspy.

raspy is bad :dry: you want low deep and grumbly with pops and back fires.

raspy is what i associate with mopeds, :lol:

don't forget, exhaust noise will also be affected by what your running in the engine bay.

mine also has the typhoon induction kit and soon to add carbon plenum and throttle body spacer.

people have commented on a tone change with a plenum spacer, although only minor. and an induction kit adds induction noise as well.

Thanks stew jhust trying to get some research done on some systems ... want soemthing that compliments the car ... buddyclub seems a good choice from various clips ... just dont want anything thats a big droan

All the 'can' exhausts will droan, the buddy club is VERY raspy under heavy load, much more so than other exhausts i have heard. Its loud, but not as loud with standard CAT's, but then not raspy really either.

IMO buddy club and HFC's is the perfect exhaust for noise, weight and gains.

where abouts are you, if your local could take a look at mine.

Did 3fiddy not have a 5zigen pro racer?

Will be good to see some videos of yours with the HFC's installed ... I like the sound of it being reserved but like yourself after time id want something a bit more raspy.

Yep, I did have a 5zigen thats now on another owners car. Amuse now fitted which I love the tone but its a bit quiet (my rasp is cause my flexis on my y-pipe are donald ducked....) Sounds a bit louder with my decats on now (HFC's sold too!) but I also have an unsilenced mid-pipe that may go on tomorrow!

Once the y-pipe is replaced will get a vid or 2 up!

Thanks stew jhust trying to get some research done on some systems ... want soemthing that compliments the car ... buddyclub seems a good choice from various clips ... just dont want anything thats a big droan

All the 'can' exhausts will droan, the buddy club is VERY raspy under heavy load, much more so than other exhausts i have heard. Its loud, but not as loud with standard CAT's, but then not raspy really either.

IMO buddy club and HFC's is the perfect exhaust for noise, weight and gains.

where abouts are you, if your local could take a look at mine.

Im based in Northern Ireland Buddy ...

Im having a real headache over this exhaust thing cant seem to find something that fits the bill ... What would be the best choice for me if im after something loud but not deafening inside the car.

Can style exhausts aside what would be my choice ... something like the K2 but wanted slash cut exhausts if possible.

Im maybe asking for an exhaust that doesnt exist. Invidia N1 was a possibility but cant seem to get an accurate video on it.

What type of mods will you have for the remap then?

by the time the remap comes i should have all work completed, got most things just waiting on the plenum.

mods list is:

Invidia True Dual exhaust

Kinetix High Flow Cats

K&N Typhoon induction kit

Throttle body Spacer

Carbonised Carbon Plenum with built in 5/16 spacer

last 2 haven't been fitted yet. and i might change the filter cone to an apexi between now and then.

don't think i've missed anything. was tempted by manifolds but its a lot of work and my car is still civilised and useable my worry is the manifolds would just bring to much noise.

what kind of increase in power figures will all that and the remap get you?

hoping to get close to what nurrish and fiddy have got from theirs, around the 300bhp mark and a nice increase in midrange torque.

also doing it to make the AFR better now all the mods have been added as they apparently lean out the engine. and also the advantage of increade MPG which make it pay for itself within 12 months