How the VW boys do it

Septic

Dunno if you guys are aware of the Dub scene (VAG cars- VW, Audi, Seat etc) but the following is huge globally and the Euro look (less is more) is king. Here's a video from the States of some Dubs. What do you guys think?

Also, a video of Worthersee for the annual VW gathering (heaven for us Dub boys :p)

Ah Edition38 lol. Yeah you'd be mental to post a jap car on there especially if you've got a bodykit on etc :lol:

Edition38 is a haven for us- the central hub for all dubs so obviously you're going to get die-hard V-dubbers having a go at you. I guess the VW crowd is very narrow-minded at times- sorry to hear what you went through lol.

Any chance of you posting the link to that thread :lol::ninja:

if you aint rubbin' you aint dubbin' '

Aint that the truth! I'm rubbing too much though :p (even if it is a wee little polo)

Blimey I was into the aircooled version of that scene years ago but after 10 years of it - you've seen it all, done it all and had enough spares to build them from scratch! (still do! sorry Lucy! :blush: )

Surprised you got ribbed like that Mart having said that I'm on the Type 4 site for the van and there are a few people that leave a lot to be desired - so far this is the best community ever :yahoo:

Yea the community is class buy by god if you put anykind of "aftermarket bodykit" on your DUB then start writing your will. You shall be shot at dawn. :scare:

When i had the mk4 golf i had hold my tounge everytime someone got new wheels because 70% of the time they were OEM wheels off other golfs and look crap :angry:

Yeh i had a 'dub' as my 2nd car and went a bit max power on it, and got flaaaamed on vwvortex :lol:

It was a rusty 5 door mk3 1.4 golf though, with chrome wheels and blue neons :lol:

I dont know why though, but i've always fancied a blacked out Bora with a debadged grill... very mean. :ninja: If only they were quicker

I love the smooth look but I like big fat wheels with fat tyres too. They're are plenty VAG cars that run like this and I like them!

I don't like stretched tyres, it looks crap. I also don't like 'rat look' unless it's air cooled or possibly a Mk1 golf.... Nothing else can pull it off.

I hate the attitude when bad taste is covered up with 'being dub' as its is a lame excuse!

I'd actually probably create a decent Euro look car I think!

I love the whole Euro scene and a lot of people round where I am are into it as well.

This was my old Mk1 Golf that I was restoring, was almost done then was trashed and had the wheels nicked off it outside my old flat while I was working away. All it needed was the new suspension fitting to drop it and it would have been pretty much done. Had to get rid though as I didn't have the time at that point to rebuild it for a second time! :byebye:

Picture017.jpg

Picture016.jpg