New numberplate

Husky

Decided to get rid of the crappy dealer numberplate for a nice one for meets :) i thought i would put Husky on it so it makes it easier to identify in pics. i got one from createmyplates.com there was some trouble as they had a faulty batch and it turned out purple first time :scare: but they were really good, kept me up to date as they fixed the problem and sent me out a new set all lovely and nice :) got a chance to fit them today so here they are. i would reccomend createmyplates as they gave excellent servcice :thumbs:

091128_1213102.jpg

091128_1205252-1.jpg

well at first i forgot to blank anything, then rushed to do it, but forgot the bottom one as it wasnt in the view in paint :lol: done now.

well these are show plates so i cant really comment about what your allowed legally :shrug: ive got my other ones for every day.

Why, show plates only? They look good. Arent they street legal, for some reason? Would like some myself, but for permanent fixture, if legal B)

technically no however the police would have to be having a slow day for them to take any action on them.

To be legal they need the relevant BS number and the postcode of the place that made them to be included somewhere

and the big z on the side isnt allowed.

as they are show plates they arent allowed to be printed, so to get around this the letters are a vinyl put ontop of the blank plate, looks good though :)

Got caught with my black and silver ones a few weeks back and said that I was on the way back from a show and had forgotten to put them back to normal.

Told him I had the proper ones in the boot and he told me to get them changed over ASAP.. He did give me the lowdown on plates being plain, having the makers mark and reg number and if you want, either the EU flag or the Union Jack.. Nothing else!

Got caught with my black and silver ones a few weeks back and said that I was on the way back from a show and had forgotten to put them back to normal.

Told him I had the proper ones in the boot and he told me to get them changed over ASAP.. He did give me the lowdown on plates being plain, having the makers mark and reg number and if you want, either the EU flag or the Union Jack.. Nothing else!

yeah hence the meet only approach, nice and easy to change as i didnt stick them :)

I have posted up the regulations in the past (after having them handed to me :blush: ) however DVLA don't make it easy to find regulations online.

Here they are in brief though:

SUMMARY: What is required and permitted on UK road-legal number plates

Required:

* White front plate (to British Standard BS AU 145d)

* Yellow rear plate (to British Standard BS AU 145d)

* The registration number of the bearer vehicle in the mandatory font (black ‘Charles Wright 2001’)

* Spacing of characters and character groups in accordance with the measurements specified in the regulations. Variation is not permitted

Permitted but not required:

* 3D variation of the mandatory ‘Charles Wright 2001’ font

* Coloured, non-reflective border

* National emblem: English St George Cross with “ENG†legend, Scottish St Andrew Cross with “SCO†legend, Welsh Dragon with “WALES†and “CYMRU†legend, British Union Flag with “GB†legend) or Euro Stars symbol with “GB†legend.

No additions or variations are permitted. Common illegal variations are:

* Fancy or decorative typefaces

* Bolts placed in such a way as to alter the appearance of characters

* Adjusted spacing between characters or character groups

* Altered characters

* Additional logos or symbols, such as sporting emblems and religious symbols.

There are concessions for older and vintage cars. “Historic vehiclesâ€, i.e. those built prior to 1973, are permitted to bear the old-style black plates of either plastic or traditional metal construction.

To quote the DVLA: "Vehicles constructed before 1.1.73 may display traditional style ‘black and white’ plates i.e. white, silver or grey characters on a black plate."

SUMMARY: What is required and permitted on UK road-legal number plates

Required:

* White front plate (to British Standard BS AU 145d)

* Yellow rear plate (to British Standard BS AU 145d)

* The registration number of the bearer vehicle in the mandatory font (black ‘Charles Wright 2001’)

* Spacing of characters and character groups in accordance with the measurements specified in the regulations. Variation is not permitted

That sums it up nicely IMHO- I had to change mine to comply when a nice policeman asked me to last year, Over the years I've been stopped four times and the last time it was serious - 'get it changed or else' - I guess it's to do with the number plate recognition cameras that are prevalent now.

The only thing you haven't mentioned and what I'm still not sure about, if your number is short, say A1 ZED, is it allowed to cut down the plate?

Nice :thumbs: .........just proves don't have to have manufacturers details on the bottom - am away back to the place that made mine and insisted this was the case :angry:

Nope have what you like in the middle, just as long as the tiny bs mark is there somewhere. This was going to be an MOT thing shortly/now was it not???

Ive had my private plate since i was 18 (22 now) and its passed every MOT on about 4/5 cars. No bs mark and Gilly in the middle.