Watched a brilliant movie last night

Zedrush

Anyone seen the film IP Man about Bruce Lee's trainer, brilliant film must see, based on true story, its not what you think its about, got a really good story to it, i give it 5 stars :thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qhPDEOYbx4

B)

I thought the Nazi was bad what they did to the Jews during second world war, but what the Japanese army did to the chinese was just as bad, apparently using them as live cutting targets (makuwaras) to practice their sword mastership (iaido) :scare:

Donnie Yen is currently filming the second part of the IP Man story, which continues in Hong Kong from when he fled China.

Inresting fact is that Donnie didn't even practice Wing Chun prior to being cast in the film.

He adapted very fast tho, but that's prolly due to his natural martial arts skills.

Donnie Yen is currently filming the second part of the IP Man story, which continues in Hong Kong from when he fled China.

Inresting fact is that Donnie didn't even practice Wing Chun prior to being cast in the film.

He adapted very fast tho, but that's prolly due to his natural martial arts skills.

He is one martial art artist in Hong Kong that's underrated. Bet he is miles better than Jackie Chan.

He is one martial art artist in Hong Kong that's underrated. Bet he is miles better than Jackie Chan.

I met Jackie Chan years ago on the movie set the medallion when they were filming in Ireland, me and my brother had a meal with him and the director, really nice guy but am afraid to say he is not a martial artist, he is trained in the art primarily for filming. He has a whole school set up for fighting on screen. Jet Li and the guy in Ong Bak on the other hand are bad ass mo fo's.

But what I like about Ip Man was not the fight scenes but the way the whole story was put together, bloody brilliant i thought

I met Jackie Chan years ago on the movie set the medallion when they were filming in Ireland, me and my brother had a meal with him and the director, really nice guy but am afraid to say he is not a martial artist, he is trained in the art primarily for filming. He has a whole school set up for fighting on screen. Jet Li and the guy in Ong Bak on the other hand are bad ass mo fo's.

But what I like about Ip Man was not the fight scenes but the way the whole story was put together, bloody brilliant i thought

There is a guy I know who is a Black belt & has run a Kung Fu school for years. He reckoned Jackie Chan was a brillant exponent of the art, in fact the best he had seen.

There is a guy I know who is a Black belt & has run a Kung Fu school for years. He reckoned Jackie Chan was a brillant exponent of the art, in fact the best he had seen.

sorry mate but he theres knowing the art and then theres knowing the art. Van Damme had nice kicks and would of been great as a show kicker in tkd but as a martial artist he is far from. as someone who could defend himself, afraid not. Martial arts on screen and martial arts as a way of life are as different as chalk and cheese. Jet Li had to relearn his art for screen purposes, Ive done moves for a fight scene and it was bloody hard work, Jackie chan is a master at the art for screen, but get him to apply the art for everyday purpose and he is clueless :blush:

sorry mate but he theres knowing the art and then theres knowing the art. Van Damme had nice kicks and would of been great as a show kicker in tkd but as a martial artist he is far from. as someone who could defend himself, afraid not. Martial arts on screen and martial arts as a way of life are as different as chalk and cheese. Jet Li had to relearn his art for screen purposes, Ive done moves for a fight scene and it was bloody hard work, Jackie chan is a master at the art for screen, but get him to apply the art for everyday purpose and he is clueless :blush:

Dude you do know JCVD fought in tournaments...18 wins to 1 technical loss....

I understand what you are saying im not a fan of jackie chan, but i still think he would woop most peoples asses....also dont forget he does all his own stunts....you should see his list of injuries he has recieved during his career

Dude you do know JCVD fought in tournaments...18 wins to 1 technical loss....

I understand what you are saying im not a fan of jackie chan, but i still think he would woop most peoples asses....also dont forget he does all his own stunts....you should see his list of injuries he has recieved during his career

:lol: 18 wins 1 technical loss in demonstration kata, not fighting bud and they were honorary wins :blush:

but im not sure how you can say he is not a real fighter, he won tournaments (the same as jet li did before he became an actor). He fought in the French olympic team aswell...

So unless you are saying that fighting in tournaments is not real fighting..... ( i have seen a few martial arts tournaments up close and in those have seen a few people lose teeth, get a broken jaw and nose, and some severere bruising!) Sadly we will never know how any of them would stand up to a 6ft neo nazi with a machine gun and 6 inch nife.... who has just killed a member of thier family...

Now dont get me wrong im not a fan of him in particular, but my point is that im fairly sure he would woop most peoples arses, assuming he had a good enough motive...

but im not sure how you can say he is not a real fighter, he won tournaments (the same as jet li did before he became an actor). He fought in the French olympic team aswell...

So unless you are saying that fighting in tournaments is not real fighting..... ( i have seen a few martial arts tournaments up close and in those have seen a few people lose teeth, get a broken jaw and nose, and some severere bruising!) Sadly we will never know how any of them would stand up to a 6ft neo nazi with a machine gun and 6 inch nife.... who has just killed a member of thier family...

Now dont get me wrong im not a fan of him in particular, but my point is that im fairly sure he would woop most peoples arses, assuming he had a good enough motive...

Wiki needs shooting who posted that crap on JCVD they need to get facts right :wacko: