Watched a brilliant movie last night

Zedrush

Just thought Id chime in on the JCVD Jackie Chan discussion.

The way I see it is these people will never get any real credit for their martial arts because they are always being compared to "real" martial artists. Jackie Chan starting in theatre will never have the same rep as someone who started in a traditional school of martial arts and trained all their life. But at the end of the day these people are still extremely fit, extremely flexible and have mastered a large number of martial arts moves whether they be for screen or not.

You take someone like that and put them in a fight against someone who has done nothing their whole life and they are more then likely to kick arse still.

Chan and JCVD can never be compared to true exponents of the arts like Jet Li, Bruce Lee and the like but that doesnt mean they arent tough in their own right and still very competent martial artists.

And I also watched a documentary with JCVD where his trainer claimed that he fought the number two in the world in a tournament and won - he was going to fight the number one later but went into movies instead. How true any of that is I cant say for sure but come on lets give these guys some credit. People slag off JCVD all the time but with his size, strength, flexibility, speed and coordination he could still be very dangerous.

As for the film I was going to watch it recently but changed my mind after seeing the trailer. It reminded me of Ong Bak - awesome martial arts scenes but I could picture the film, the acting and the dialogue just being awful. Based on this recomendation I may give it another go.

Didnt JCVD get knocked out by Sean Connery at an awards ceremony years ago?

Still think Mr Miagi would kick all there asses, wax on wax off :lol:

PMSL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I see what you are saying, most of the stuff they say about JCVD is utter bs. I know his manager pretty well, and you wont believe some of the tosh he has made up. :blush:

Bundis fair point

Neo-ninja we shall duel again my friend :boxing::lol:;)