Wisdom teeth

nixy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had all 4 done earlier this year in hosiptal. It was fine though I got a GA and woke up with no teeth and a numb face. It was numb for days though and wasn't a good look. The only annoying bit was the stitches were unravelling and they were irratating but i couldn't pull them out.

It was sore a few times but it was fine after about 2 weeks.

R

All four? :scare:

did you have to eat babyfood with a straw?

No you just nibble stuff with your front teeth like a hamster :lol:

R

Not had my wisdom teeth out but had to have 6 out at teh dentist for my braces a couple of years ago, the injections in my mouth hurt first then when they wore off it ached like a B**ch.

Speaking of nibbling like a hamster it took me an hour to eat a packet of crisps when I first got my braces in :lol::lol:

I had my top Wisdom teeth taken out by the denstist a few years abck, but when it came to the lower ones, the dentist also refferred me to the hospital.

The reason for this, the dentist explained, was that the lower wisdom teeth sit close to the main nerve that connects to all the other lower teeth, and should he get it wrong, the result, in the worst case scenario, would be that all the lower teeth die off and fall out.

Went to the hospital, where I s greeted by two ladies, and thay had them safety sheilds on, that make them look like a bomb disposal unit.

They said it shouldn't take long and that I should be done in about 20 mins.

45 mins later, thay were still digging bits of tooth out of my gums, because the wisdom teeth had fractured and 'exploded', but once they picked all the fragments out I has fine.

On another note, be careful of Greekman, he might check a cavity that's not in your mouth :lol::lol::lol:

Mark!!! but i'm laughing

don't know what they will do yet - local or general, got to speak to my dentist next week but she said she definitely won't be doing it. Its sideways into the tooth next door and i've got a nasty infection.......... its not tooth ache i have its gum, jaw, ear, neck, face ache!

Oh and THANKS for the video John......... :dry:

My ex wife had them out many years ago. She was training as a nurse at the time and actually working on the ENT ward. Well as usual things didn't go as planned. First she had to be taken back to the operating room as she wouldn't stop bleeding, then when she came home her back was giving her loads of pain. I should have been the nurse considering how often she was ill during our marriage. She even managed to catch Legionaires disease when they had it at Stafford Hospital :scare: Perhaps you could understand it if she was a nurse at that hospital but she wasn't. She had gone to outpatients with her sister and must have got it then :wacko:

Nic you will be fine & will no doubt get lots of TLC at home :p Just think of all the time you will have to keep your posts ahead of Husky :lol:

Nixy,

Your wisdom tooth issue sounds pretty similar to how mine was .... General anesthetic is nothing to worry about anyway ... I've been under a few times now for various reasons ...

Just found a picture of me which was taken the dsay after I had the extraction ... pretty bad pic but it was about 10 years ago ...

post-4535-135011868163_thumb.jpg

It looks like I've got a mouthfull of food .. but it's the swelling ... LoL

wow.... 3 pages worth of posts of u lot moaning about extractions..... grow a pair!! lol

its really not that bad nixy- depending on the extraction it will be sore for a few days after it but im sure ul manage fine, just make sure u keep it clean and take painkillers on time

gimme a shout if u need to know anythin else

Nixy,

Your wisdom tooth issue sounds pretty similar to how mine was .... General anesthetic is nothing to worry about anyway ... I've been under a few times now for various reasons ...

Just found a picture of me which was taken the dsay after I had the extraction ... pretty bad pic but it was about 10 years ago ...

[attachment=0]Tooth Operation 6.12.01.jpg[/attachment]

It looks like I've got a mouthfull of food .. but it's the swelling ... LoL

Are you the boxer Amir Khan Narcotix ?

:boxing:

wow.... 3 pages worth of posts of u lot moaning about extractions..... grow a pair!! lol

its really not that bad nixy- depending on the extraction it will be sore for a few days after it but im sure ul manage fine, just make sure u keep it clean and take painkillers on time

gimme a shout if u need to know anythin else

Just discovered this thread!!! God its so funny!!! :p:lol::lol::lol: