Motordyne Plenum Spacer

AlexZ

Ok I've searched for this on the forum but all I get is a Carbon Plenum lol... :teeth:

I've spent the evening reading and lots of people mentioned there good and maybe the best for the money,plus there a stright forward easy fit. How many peole have them and are they happy.

Does anyone have a dyno for before and after with this unit fitted?

Any help would be great guys. :teeth::p:thumbs:

Alexz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is info on the forum if you go beyond the first page or two of search, it is tedious at times I know....

Loads have it and I've never heard of an issue and it is carried by Envy and B2autodesigns. Possibly more - traders speak up!

Basically, the normal benefit is an increase in torque low down with very little effort. Winner!

I might be selling only because I might have something nicer coming instead :)

This is my dyno chart:

Popcharger, 5/16" spacer, Custom HFC, y-pipe & Exhaust

DSC_1905.jpg

Evening mate, I might have miss understood that r/r graph but it looks like you have lost power with the above mods...Shouldnt it have at least 287bhp & 274ftlb of torque?

The most I can see on yours is 282.3bhp and 242 torque...?

Have I missed something man? :shrug:

Alexz

This is my dyno chart:

DSC_1905.jpg

Evening mate, I might have miss understood that r/r graph but it looks like you have lost power with the above mods...Shouldnt it have at least 287bhp & 274ftlb of torque?

Alexz

287? where did you get that number from?

stew isnt selling the unit :shrug:

there is a vast amount of discussion on the topic hanging around, as stew says search ignoring the first couple of pages :thumbs:

I didnt say he was mate lol..

I said two of the people who have posted with them are either selling or thinking off. :p

Alexz

This is my dyno chart:

DSC_1905.jpg

Alexz

287? where did you get that number from?

Sorry mate, I'm new to all this 350 stuff lol...

I read it here on the right hand side lol :shrug:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_350Z

Alexz

there is a vast amount of discussion on the topic hanging around, as stew says search ignoring the first couple of pages :thumbs:

I said two of the people who have posted with them are either selling or thinking off. :p

Alexz

sorry, im being stupid. :blush:

Alexz

sorry, im being stupid. :blush:

No worries dude, I've been there and done that with my 287bhp figure lol :bang:

Alexz

Dyno of mine with a plenum fitted..

Uprev-Catsvnocats.jpg

Evening mate, theres a clear increase there, not sure how that torque works though doesnt that read 1139ftlb lol

Looking at your sig I guess its the Kintex one?

Alexz

Sorry mate, am playing with you, it does have a motordyne one, but there is a few other mods and a tune on it too. Its about 250 torque (both figs are at the hub) Its also the increase from Hiflow cats to Decats.

This may help more

Both tuned, but one its stock v moddified

StockvUprev.jpg

Dyno of mine with a plenum fitted..

Uprev-Catsvnocats.jpg

Evening mate, theres a clear increase there, not sure how that torque works though doesnt that read 1139ftlb lol

Looking at your sig I guess its the Kintex one?

Alexz

Sorry mate, am playing with you, it does have a motordyne one, but there is a few other mods and a tune on it too. Its about 250 torque (both figs are at the hub) Its also the increase from Hiflow cats to Decats.

This may help more

Both tuned, but one its stock v moddified

StockvUprev.jpg

Haha, fair play mate... all I really want is a standard Z with just the spacer fitted if poss. There claiming abour 10bhp from just the spacer and it seem a lot. I would like someone to back it up. I know its not all about the power, this mod also helps with the breathing problem to the front cyclinders (main reason I found it) but i'm not paying £200 plus for some noise lol

Alexz

So, what power has your car got at the moment then?

It's standard mate, I have a 04 UK spec GT so It should be 276bhp lol. I have a K&N Panel filter (fitted when I bought it) and I've just fitted some Denso Iridium plugs. I dont think either of these will make any difference tbh. :blush:

Alexz

So, what power has your car got at the moment then?

It's standard mate, I have a 04 UK spec GT so It should be 276bhp lol. I have a K&N Panel filter (fitted when I bought it) and I've just fitted some Denso Iridium plugs. I dont think either of these will make any difference tbh. :blush:

Alexz

Well your never gonna know till you stick it on a dyno ;) They do come up different!

As I say from experience, you wont get anything near potential till you have the car tuned... But I do know that the plenum did something for mine as a stock car.. (Oh on the tuning, if your worried about spending on it... get it mapped and it should pay for its self in a few months due to savings on fuel!! my hp is the highest its been and am currently about 8mpg better off! ;) )

Most dyno places do open days where they will do 3 runs for about £35 to £45