Motordyne Plenum Spacer

AlexZ

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8mpg thats alot to gain !

surely that must be from changes to driving ? if it just the remap then i may have to forgo any body mods and make that a priority !

don't forget that the car wasn't standard before it was tuned.

i'm going to yune mine but i'm doing all the engine mods first.

so far i have fitted:

Typhoon induction

Invidia True Dual Exhaust

Corbonised Carbon plenum and spacer (waiting on delivery)

will also fit

Sports cats

then go for a tune.

was thinking about manifolds but it seems like to much work and expense.

yeah seems liekt he established route now , full zorst , spacer/plenum , intake , HFC's then map !

it means it should make use of all the mods and the mods make their true values and the car should run at its best.

but if you total that little lot up and then the retune, its a lot of 8mpg before you make your money back :lol:

surely that must be from changes to driving ? if it just the remap then i may have to forgo any body mods and make that a priority !

don't forget that the car wasn't standard before it was tuned.

i'm going to yune mine but i'm doing all the engine mods first.

so far i have fitted:

Typhoon induction

Invidia True Dual Exhaust

Corbonised Carbon plenum and spacer (waiting on delivery)

will also fit

Sports cats

then go for a tune.

was thinking about manifolds but it seems like to much work and expense.

Manifolds are worth it for the noise alone :cloud9:

Members with stock cars have noted increased MPG from a remap.

No changes in driving style, its always :drive1 , just done another 200 miles including a drive to birmingham with other zed drivers that wasnt exactly "slow"!!! and its at 28.1...

Speak to someone like Abbey and they can point you in the right direction as too mods as they have been trying a fair amount of combinations now to see what works best... If you are going down the tuning route then its worth getting a dyno to start to see what your working with and then (from experience!) its worth using the same dyno to see the gains! At least you can see thr % increases! You never know, you may be able to get a deal for a remap now and for any further tuning you may do..

yeah seems liekt he established route now , full zorst , spacer/plenum , intake , HFC's then map !

it means it should make use of all the mods and the mods make their true values and the car should run at its best.

but if you total that little lot up and then the retune, its a lot of 8mpg before you make your money back :lol:

Think the point is that the MPG saving will pay for your remap, not all the mods ;)

Members with stock cars have noted increased MPG from a remap.

No changes in driving style, its always :drive1 , just done another 200 miles including a drive to birmingham with other zed drivers that wasnt exactly "slow"!!! and its at 28.1...

Speak to someone like Abbey and they can point you in the right direction as too mods as they have been trying a fair amount of combinations now to see what works best... If you are going down the tuning route then its worth getting a dyno to start to see what your working with and then (from experience!) its worth using the same dyno to see the gains! At least you can see thr % increases! You never know, you may be able to get a deal for a remap now and for any further tuning you may do..

last car i started tuning thats exactly what i did , had base run done to see exactly what i had started with then a few months later came back with the mods to see.

I thnk after this little thread all those getting the carbon plenums abbey may see a huge rise in peeps getting remaps !

group dyno day some time in the new year ?

fiddy do you reckon you see more of a return in mpg because of the mods?

I think as the remap on a stock and a modded 350 have both returned better MPG's then its down to the remap rather than the mods.

Having sat for 2 days with Abbey seeing exactly what Mark gets up to when hes tuning I can appriciate where the better figuers come from.

Just a quick calculation..

7000 Miles per year (as not many of us put over 10k on!)

22.1 MPG (Average)

£1.20 (current Shell / BP 98RON cost)

£1727.93 per year in fuel

7000 Miles

28.1 MPG

£1.20 Fuel Cost

£1358.97

Approx Saving £368.96 per year after Uprev remap... Remap cost inc VAT £396... Additional Power £27.79... Bargain!

Thats some great figures, i probably do a little bit more mileage than that as its my daily drive. Knew it would save on mpg a little but not that much :thumbs:

Really think a group re map with Abbey would be a great idea. Up for it Rich?

depnds on price, and if they take credit cards :lol:

Thats some great figures, i probably do a little bit more mileage than that as its my daily drive. Knew it would save on mpg a little but not that much :thumbs:

Really think a group re map with Abbey would be a great idea. Up for it Rich?

depnds on price, and if they take credit cards :lol:

:lol: I know the feeling, well im not looking at doing it until early next year. Sure we could get one or two others who are keen. Ill give Mark at Abbey a PM and see what they can do.

They do take CC, but I would be suprised there would be a GB though!! There prices are stupidly cheap.. £350 ish at the special price.. But shy boys dont get the sweeties!

:lol: I see your point. Would be good to meet a few guys and get it sorted at the same time.

same , £350 ish is pretty good going back in my ford days a bluefin cost that and that was just loading a generic remap.

be good to see a bunch togother and see how they all stack up.

i think i could be up for this, the price issue was more to do with me forgetting what it was, if i remember rightly that was for a generic map to suit a colleciton of mods, with 2/3 RR, and then you could pay extra by the hour to have it tuned further to tweek it if you so wish.