Mods - Group buy rules !!!!! RANT

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

Have to say I agree. I was I think second on the list for a K2 and I now have to wait 8 weeks if I want one! It wouldn't have been hard to ask customers in order if they wanted to pay now as stock was in short supply.

I will be very suprised if there are the same number of customers there in 8 weeks... :thumbdown:

I thought group buy ment the 'trader/seller' needed say 10 people on a list from 1-10 (no specific order) and once the 10 was in the 'trader/seller' will actually PLACE the order for the units for the agreed group price... didnt think sellers keep stock that would be mental way of trying to get prices down.

my 2 cent, also if you're not happy what did the japspeed lads tell you?

Just get a full custom one ;) Think Magnatec do a 'full' single (4") for 1200$ :dance:

A.

I thought group buy ment the 'trader/seller' needed say 10 people on a list from 1-10 (no specific order) and once the 10 was in the 'trader/seller' will actually PLACE the order for the units for the agreed group price... didnt think sellers keep stock that would be mental way of trying to get prices down.

Just get a full custom one ;) Think Magnatec do a 'full' single (4") for 1200$ :dance:

A.

+1 one this.

Not taking sides and i agree it could have been handled better or even the order planned premptively to reduce the lead time ;)

However we learn from such situations and i think Mods can devise rules to govern such GB from both the trader and members perspective so as to facilitate things in future.

A.

+1 one this.

Not taking sides and i agree it could have been handled better or even the order planned premptively to reduce the lead time ;)

However we learn from such situations and i think Mods can devise rules to govern such GB from both the trader and members perspective so as to facilitate things in future.

Remember that the group buy was organised by the manufacturer.

A.

+1 one this.

Remember that the group buy was organised by the manufacturer.

And part of the reason people like this forum so much is that we are informal and friendly. While some guidelines are being drawn up for GBs we dont want to make "rules" as it makes things inflexible and generally harder for everyone to stick to. We expect those running GBs to have a bit of common sense, as up until now, we havent seen any major problems with GBs having run loads of them, from both UK and abroad.