Number Plate regulations

alessandro

With the arrival of a new bumper I want to change my number plate to an UK style. I looked at demon plate because I don't want any manufacture prints on it (ie. Halfors!)

Looking at the web site I've seen that you can have 3D letters, borders and slogans under the actual numbers.

I don't want it to be illigal, what is the law on it?

I'll keep the letter/number spaces standard but I'll cut a bit of the plate from each side ( already got a template for it which passed previous mot's )

Supposedly you have to have the plate maker's details on there somewhere now :thumbdown: - If you manage to get a plate without the maker's name and postcode on it please let me know.............just got my plates done and was told this info HAD to be on there I was mightily p***d off at this :rant:

Thats a load of rubbish thats them doing free advertising I had some done in Bristol and didnt need to have any of there details on there what so ever

Thats incorrect. AFAIK it has to at least have the postcode of the authorised numberplate makers premises. Dont think it has to have the name, but it has to have the postcode. That is of course if you get them from a DVLA authorised numberplate maker ;)

I just picked up the bumper ( :bounce::teeth::D:cloud9: ) and because the guy doesn't own a Z anymore he left the old number plate on it. Demon plate it's where he got his plate from and I asked him about mot and he said that he never failed one because of it.

If now we have to have the crappy post code we can hand out couple of tenner to the mot guy :disguise:

Isn't there a member of the law in here?

I just picked up the bumper ( :bounce::teeth::D:cloud9: ) and because the guy doesn't own a Z anymore he left the old number plate on it. Demon plate it's where he got his plate from and I asked him about mot and he said that he never failed one because of it.

If now we have to have the crappy post code we can hand out couple of tenner to the mot guy :disguise:

Its not an MOT failure to not have it on the plate. Mine has the 350z-UK logo in its place and has passed twice with it on ;)

Its a DVLA stipulation that reg place makers have to put it on there, I dont think its illegal for you not to have it, if that makes sense. No one cares really. Craigplates will do you a set without the logo I beleive

Its not an MOT failure to not have it on the plate. Mine has the 350z-UK logo in its place and has passed twice with it on ;)

Its a DVLA stipulation that reg place makers have to put it on there, I dont think its illegal for you not to have it, if that makes sense. No one cares really. Craigplates will do you a set without the logo I beleive

Mine would pass with a piece of toast in place of a reg plate! ;)

THAT'S COOL, DO YOU HAVE A PIC IF I MIGHT ASK? ( Nearly time for my sticker too :teeth: )

Mine would pass with a piece of toast in place of a reg plate! ;)

:lol::lol:

THAT'S COOL, DO YOU HAVE A PIC IF I MIGHT ASK? ( Nearly time for my sticker too :teeth: )

Will get one when I have a chance, or you can see them on Saturday at Ace Cafe if you are attending :thumbs:

My son just got given a failure on his MOT for having a typeR logo on the side of his number plate. After i got pulled for mine i was told i had to have the address or postcode of the plate maker and the BS number which i now have.........

Having said that you can get whatever you like off the internet and as long as its spaced correctly and not got a logo on you would be ok without the other stuff i'm sure.

My son just got given a failure on his MOT for having a typeR logo on the side of his number plate. After i got pulled for mine i was told i had to have the address or postcode of the plate maker and the BS number which i now have.........

Having said that you can get whatever you like off the internet and as long as its spaced correctly and not got a logo on you would be ok without the other stuff i'm sure.

If he has it on the side like the GB or EU ones, then yes thats a bit too blatent! :blush:

A friend of mine had custom plates made, original sizes but with no logo's or manufacturers names etc, but had cut the sides off the plate to shorten them, Police pulled her and threatened with a fine just for cutting the plates down, no mention of the name / logo.

As long as the border is legal (I put up a link with it on page one) then it's not illegal to have cut down plates. Both my girlfriend and I run 5 digit plates and the fronts are cut down and are legal.