Interior updating

Husky

right the interior is going to get a complete overhaul next and im looking for plans.

Rules (I think):

not to many materials/textures/colours

NO ORANGE sorry :p

black and metal are the main themes with a tad of white maybe thrown in...?

durable materials are a must especially in heavy use areas

I'll start photoshopping the interior when i have some plans. basically what i was asking is if anyone has any ideas or fancy materials or favourite car interiors they have pics of :) any help would be welcome :D

Some inspiration pics:

aston-martin-dbs-interior1.jpg

435379602_PBiKY-L.jpg

112_0712_18z+bmw_concept_1_series_tii+interior_view.jpg

yhst-25962240138714_1904_226401012.jpg

EDIT: added pics from thread

http://www.infiniti.co.uk/g37-coupe/pho ... erior.html

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Husky please don't try to recreate a bentley or Aston interior try to keep in the style of the Zed otherwise it will look cheap! :surrender:

how about something of a 70s classic super car interior stylie ? Have a peep at carandclassic website

BMW interiors must be the most boring... :yawn:

Aye thats the kind of thing I mean Husky - try to keep in a similar stylie - i.e the way the current dash layout flows - get the little hats for the 3 dials 370 style! Your car colour lends itself to any colour really so you can do anything - why not go for a deep midnight blue - or what about denim? :D

(bugger wish I stopped posting under Lucys id)! (Stanski) :blush:

im not going to go with a colour unless i find something really inspiring which i doubt, its just a personal taste.

when i got in a freinds new audi tt i loved the white stitching on his seats against the leather and alcantara.

im not wanting to recreate another car. i should have said which bits i likled out of the pics its particular features i like. and no im not doing a beamer. .. i HATE the interiors

the first pic i love the gloss piano black and white stitching

second pic was to illustrate i quite like alcantara.

the bmw pic was actually the footwell.

and i do like those seats :)

that lambo interior is nice if a bit dark.

thats why i posted this, i value your input guys :) if its sh*t just say :)

Husky bottom line its entirely your taste mate does'nt matter what other people think its your car and you do what ever the hell you like! ;)

As a former trimmer I would just say a few basics if you dont mind?

Dont mix too many textures , piano black works well but scratches easily (look at the RX8 interior)

Use dark restrained colours to keep a quality feel and makes resale easier but use lighter (not garrish reds) as highlights.

With GM outside colour you can get away with more or less any interior contrast colour.

Whats your favourite colour? Too many greys make things look dull - (boggo Nissan)

Use a stripe that flows with the line of the doors and seats if you like but less is more.

You need some splashes of chrome or alloy if you can get them to give inside a nicer quality feel.

The highlight colour can be easily incorporated into for example the plastic clips that cover the door release and next to the Chrome air vents - easy to cover and quick to do.

The gear lever gaiter can be swopped but dont go mad and go for a bright colour again - can look cheap! Change the centre console for a different material to the dash tops - why not have the contrasting colour running halfway across the dash - like on the 300C - this lightens the footwell.

Not the best pic but you get the idea? sorry

112_0608_02z+2005_chrysler_300c+interior_view.jpg

Is it easy to change the LED colours in the dials to say blue?

Change the floor mats to a similar colour to the contrast colour?

Anyway just some ideas while I am typing (under my own name this time Nixy!!)

cheers stan, when i come back from tescos i will absorb :D and look at the links. i quite like the white but may do an aqua blue :ninja: and will see then ;)

Im not forgetting the advice you gave me in the past i just wanted to let peoples imagination run ;)

yeah i know the final decision is mine but its nice to know if people will get in and go WTF!! :lol:

Sorry mate I keep meaning to do a defacto guide for everyone and also a complete list of contacts and useful links for trimming supplies and ideas - maybe when I am retired I will get time to do that!! :blush:

Have a shuftie on this site though and look at material samples for colour ideas- hey go mad and get Olive green! :lol:

http://www.segalmotortrimmings.net/www. ... fo.php?p=7

The one thing is that people will have spent ages designing the interior and cause of whats behind the dash you cant change much!

I think IMO you need a main colour, an accent colour, a break up material and a contrast material... it should also link with the theme of the rest of your car... carbon (contrast material), polished aluminium (break up material), red (accent)and black (main) is the theme throughout mine, the only colours that will (probably) remain static are the main paint and the wheel centres.. (yeh yeh primer!!)...

Have always loved the aston interiors and some of the german ones (audi mostly) but i think caue of the way they are structured then it is pretty hard to pull off.. am thinking like the alu legs at the bottom of the CC on a TT..

But if I could chose one interior to try and copy it would be this...

6304353.jpg

mclaren_mp4_09.jpg

Plain, simple, driver focused and with a few trick bits!! let the fiberglassing commence!

im not looking for a track day monster tbh im looking for something more gt cruiser i suppose.

i dont want anything garish hence trying to steer clear of colours, i dont want it to be obviously modded

i want to update it so going for an older style isnt my thing, i would like to go for materials used in current cars.

im not looking for a track day monster tbh im looking for something more gt cruiser i suppose.

i dont want anything garish hence trying to steer clear of colours, i dont want it to be obviously modded

i want to update it so going for an older style isnt my thing, i would like to go for materials used in current cars.

Well all the manufactureres are going for a retro look but but modern materials - look at the dashes on audi's recently! :headhurt:

Personally I would steer away from the carbon fibre matting stuff and stick with leather or a nice leatherette cloth. I was looking at mine this morning driving in - unfortunately the softtop is very dark inside and I would love to lighten it up but not enough hours in the day to do it, but I can see where some highlight colours would be good on the doors and the inner seat base and back. A flowing stripe running with the contours of the door.

You could maybe go for a pale grey (almost white) or pale cream as a highlight colour - be careful with those colours near the top of the windscreen though as you will get bad reflections. (I will shut up now probably fed up with me :blush: )

no no not fed up :p:lol:

The door stripe we talked about before is a big thing i want to do tbh, to break up that huge panel. im not putting any CF in it, its not my style :) I am tempted with the white highleighting as i could white stitch the leather too :)

no no not fed up :p:lol:

The door stripe we talked about before is a big thing i want to do tbh, to break up that huge panel. im not putting any CF in it, its not my style :) I am tempted with the white highleighting as i could white stitch the leather too :)

You can try materials made for the marine market (which are generally thicker and have different textures) but can add a little something different to the cabin? :boat:

I made a tyre cover for the beetle from some white marine leatherette with a pale blue surround years ago - still going string ,made a little monogram on it also - bit of a sun and surf type thing .. probably looked ok when I was 18 :blush: