Greekman's Zed!!! update and pics-bodykit

Greekman

You have forgotten to mention the new knob you wil be sporting in Wales. :p

the one i ll pinch from a black roadster you mean.... ;)

i v already made arrangements with some lads from bransholme estate.... :ninja:

Its all polished and ready to fit. :)

Top suspension work mate B)

I can believe how much work to change the subframe bushes :scare::scare: I have been holding fire getting the front and rear bush kit including subframe, transmission and engine mount but been concerned about the labour cost and now i have reason to be :surrender:

Is this the only way to swap these subframe bushes by removing the whole subframe? what where the estimated labour costs.

NB: the creaking and banging maybe from the stiffer bushes ;)

Top suspension work mate B)

I can believe how much work to change the subframe bushes :scare::scare: I have been holding fire getting the front and rear bush kit including subframe, transmission and engine mount but been concerned about the labour cost and now i have reason to be :surrender:

Is this the only way to swap these subframe bushes by removing the whole subframe? what where the estimated labour costs.

NB: the creaking and banging maybe from the stiffer bushes ;)

Yes the subframe needs to come out i am afraid...as for labor costs i ll tell you when i know...it will be a lot...plus the old bushings are a nightmare to remove...it involves a lot of heat, chopping and knocking...absolute bugger... :surrender:

suspension-wise the car is fantastic....solid but not crashy :teeth:

and i v still got the 2 rear ties and the fender bracings to fit... ;)

as for the diff there is something wrong there...i dont know...hope it all goes well as i wont make the wales run if it doesnt!!! :(

off to rs tuning tom for an uprev and fit of the racelogic traction control....then on monday to the body shop... :yahoo:

lots of things to do still....i am getting fed up! :thumbdown:

thanks for the comments guys anyway...they cheered me up. :yahoo::yahoo:

just had a good read at the yank's 350 forum...apparently thats what the lsds do...it needs adjustment and redline 75/90 with friction something apparently... :dry:

on another note i cant make the car lose grip....unless on first gear!!! the way it puts the power down is amazing!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

now i need to get used to it....and get that 3.9 final drive... :teeth:

back after a whole day at rs tuning in leeds!

have a look at the dyno readings.... :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

max bhp was at the last run with the car piping hot as well.... :p

on the road its a m a z i n g !!!!!! :#1::yahoo::evil:

Paul also did a very nice and neat job fitting my racelogic traction control.

didnt have time to set it up yet....all i v found out is that it bypasses the standard ESP which means that on or off from the main switch makes no difference. its always on unless you turn the racelogic on... :)

didnt have time to set it up yet....all i v found out is that it bypasses the standard ESP which means that on or off from the main switch makes no difference. its always on unless you turn the racelogic on... :)

Fantastic new :clap: that is a result :yahoo: and to top it off you went for the race logic :thumbs: Is it the Advance ME plug and play one? Feedback is in order ;)

What exctly is the issue with the diff ?

Personally the VLSD and the race logic would have been more than adequate for serious trackday use because unless what you have got is torque sensing type diff there is no real advantage IMHO get a clutch type one. The clutch type works after slip begins to occur like the VLSD just a bit better. So unless you want to do some drifting too in which case a 2way unit have been better.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Fantastic new :clap: that is a result :yahoo: and to top it off you went for the race logic :thumbs: Is it the Advance ME plug and play one? Feedback is in order ;)

What exctly is the issue with the diff ?

Personally the VLSD and the race logic would have been more than adequate for serious trackday use because unless what you have got is torque sensing type diff there is no real advantage IMHO get a clutch type one. The clutch type works after slip begins to occur like the VLSD just a bit better. So unless you want to do some drifting too in which case a 2way unit have been better.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

i dont know which one i v got...i know its the nismo adjustable 1.5/2 way currently at 1.5 and its got 3 torque settings low/mid/high which is 60/80/100% lock or smth (initial torque it says on the manual) currently set at middle although i really wanted low.

whats wrong i cant really describe...i pops and clanks when cornering and from a stand still turning right on a junction lets say the whole car feels terrible as it hops and shudders and feels like its shredding the tyres...from what i found out at the other 350z forum all lsds do it more or less. on low setting it would be better and with redline 75/90 juice with friction modifier it should be almost ok. plus it needs to be ran in. :)

in any case just from the lsd the difference in traction is unreal! straigh line or cornering :yahoo:

cant wait to try it with the traction control. it connects to the ecu and it was a nightmare to fit as paul had to find out which cables where the injector ones and then cut and solder as my ecu has a 3 socket loom and we couldnt get one that fits from the racelogic to the ecu.

the racelogic has launch control as well for wet/dry!!! :teeth:

the initial 319bhp was with nismo air intakes, high flow cats and nismo cat back. fuel was the expensive shell one and the ecu was reset about 70 miles ago.

the final 340bhp was after remapping. nothing else was added on the car. mind you the engine and intake pipes where boiling hot at the last run!!

last thing....before, at about 7000rpm you could tell it was time to change gear as the car would start running out of puff... now it feels as if the rev limiter is getting in your way!!! from 7000 to 7600rpm it pulls exactly the same...like a train!!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

right people had a long play with the racelogic yesterday... :drive1

tried millions of different settings for the launch control.....and i think its useless!!! :dry:

set the traction control to 10% and it does the same job and even better!!!

then again i didnt time myself but it defo feels better...only good thing about the launch control is that it sounds the part ;)

traction control between 10 and 15% (i found 12% to be perfect) and the car just glides round a corner before you nail the throttle 3/4ths into the corner and take off....with the nismo diff you can go on the throttle much much earlier...no need to wait till the car is straight again :teeth:

more later...now need to fiddle with the suspension rebound settings.... ;)

That is good going greekman :clap:

I'm a bit surprised at the RLTC comment as i've read only good things about it and years ago drove an M3(E46) with this and found it to be a revelation.

It is possible that because you have changed so many things at once it is difficult to appreciate what is what and possibly the LSD is interfering with it ;)

The Nismo LSD is a clutch type not TORSEN type FYI.

I'm also a bit surprised about the racket its making and some of the things you are describing are :scare: I agree it may be noisy as its mechanical and the right oil may quieten it a bit but you should'nt be experiencing hopping or shuddering etc :surrender: Atleast the oil change should show a clean oil without schrapnel or excessive bits if not it will suggest something is not fitted right!

Anycase If i were you i will reset the torque at the lowest setting and go from there at the sametime. I will do some research too :thumbs:

You also should bear in mind that you now have stiffer bushings, probably stiffer a suspension setup including the ARB etc so might be worth slacking a notch or so as too stiff is equally bad as i found out.....made the rear jumpy and very skitish even on track :surrender:

I struggled as I changed ARBs, droplinks, camber and toe arms, 3 way coilies and wider tyres all at the sametime and with despite what i considered a good fast road/track geometry set up :surrender: It was a big jump from just having only height adjustable coilies with preset rebound and though all the changes i made where sound individually on paper it did not work well.

Ony by restarting afresh with minute changes at a time to each component that i have got the car to where i want it and its now apparrent that i need stiffer bushes and mounts to make the suspension work even better. After this would i consider an LSD though i feel keeping the oem VLSD with RLTC would adequate and advantageous to have, as you get control over the factory TC and can switch the damn thing off if needed. the other thing that i am yet to try is to use R compound tyres like the R888 or advan A048 which allows you to run a more aggressive set up for track but it all becomes to much hassle.

Out of interest did you get the Advance ME RLTC or an standard item from RL?

Do keep the feedback comming :thumbs:

Goodluck

cheers

its the normal not the advance RLTC. to be perfectly honest even 10% lets the rear end go too wide for fast laps. so 25% is more than enough... ;)

its just that i am finding the launch control pointless...the tc itself is awesome! :teeth:

now the hks hypermax 3s are good. on stiffer setting front and rear are just fine. the car feels planted and very controlable. the ride is not crushy at ALL! the kw 1s were worse!!! no matter what the car wont lean on braking, cornering, acceleration

best setting i found for road use is about 10 rear clicks from min and about 15 front. not too soft but not making the passenger dizzy either.... then again i hardly ever have a brave enough passenger so mine stays at max minus 5 front and max minus 8 rear. :lol:

cant comment on bushings as i had the coilovers changed. what i can say is that the rear used to hop a lot on straight line wheel spin from stand still. it doesnt now! it didnt rain at all today so i cant say if it will be happening on wet tarmac...i cant wait to test it as wheel hopping was worse in wet conditions. we ll see.

as for the diff its already better...no as stupidly bad i mean...after wales i will adjust it to 60% (low) and change the valvoline. then reassess. :thumbs:

That sounds more like it now :thumbs: i'm so jealous :blush: i would try and hop in with a ride in wales to feel the difference.

What do you have for wheels/tyres combo. I've got 19" with 265/19 front and 295/19 MPS which were awesome on track but scary in snow or heavy rain due to the large contact patch.

I just dream of what Advan A048 or R888 etc in these sizes will be like to drive B)

That sounds more like it now :thumbs: i'm so jealous :blush: i would try and hop in with a ride in wales to feel the difference.

What do you have for wheels/tyres combo. I've got 19" with 265/19 front and 295/19 MPS which were awesome on track but scary in snow or heavy rain due to the large contact patch.

I just dream of what Advan A048 or R888 etc in these sizes will be like to drive B)

anytime m8! :thumbs:

19inch nismo sizes all over with mps2. rays are getting refurbed now and then wrapped with r888s for track days. :p:lol: