weekend at silverstone- ferrari experience

LRF4N

booked the ferrari experience package a month or 2 ago at silverstone and on sunday the wait was over

the package included 4 laps in a lotus exige, 4 laps in a ferrari 360 modena and another lap in the passenger seat of a lotus exige s with a pro driver... was lookin fwd to it for ages and it didnt disappoint! some ppl say im mad to spend £200 in a few hrs but it was worth every penny

it was more track orientated- correct racing lines and diff parts to each corner etc. the exige was amazing but the ferrari is just out of this world. V8 sounds gorgeous and its so comfortable, the 1st 3 gears were used just getting out of the pits and onto the track, after that i didnt get below 4th but even then the acceleration is unreal, wish i got to hammer it from a standing start tho!

only thing that i didnt like was it was too quick and i didnt get to savour the moment lol- as soon as i was strapped in i was told to head onto the track and get my mind into racing mode, didnt even check out the interior properly and dont think i even noticed the horse on the steering wheel! and cos i had to concentrate the whole time it was over as soon as it started and i didnt even check how fast i was going lol

but an amazing but of machinery and with prices for used 360s under £40k i think its on my wish list lol

then i was in the passenger seat with a guy who didnt know wot brakes were, that was an experience! lol

£200 well spent, cant recommend it enough, il def be going back in the future!

anyway enough mumbo jumbo, heres some pics (didnt get a video sorry!)

started off in manchester and noticed some new cars on the way the i hadnt seen before, and even went to the ferrari showroom to get me in the mood

BMW X6M

23102009266.jpg

Jag XF-R

24102009267.jpg

aston V12 Vantage... :cloud9:

26102009283.jpg

even spotted bumblebee hiding in a manchester dealership

26102009282.jpg

the new california in the ferrari showroom (gorgeous in the flesh, pics dont to it justice)

24102009269.jpg

24102009268.jpg

got to silverstone the next day and the experience centre is sponsored by nissan, thought our members would appreciate this...

25102009280.jpg

the lotus exige for our warm up, think they used paul t's painter

25102009276.jpg

and most importantly the ferraris...

25102009278.jpg

25102009277.jpg

25102009275.jpg

25102009274.jpg

25102009273.jpg

25102009271.jpg

25102009279.jpg

an amazing weekend guys, cant recommend it enough! if u have a spare £200 and want to treat urself then theres not many better ways than this, the have different packages with other cars also but think this package is the pick out the bunch, not everyone can claim to have driven a ferrari!

I did the same thing m8! Excellent experience :yahoo:

It was shortly after my maser which had the same engine so the acceleration wasnt that much of a surprise for me...but the handling was fantastic!!! Never felt the car leaning left or right...monster brakes as well...i loved it!

I dont know how you got on with the paddles...i found the gearchange a bit awkward at first as the same version on the maser is less urgent even on sport mode...

Started last and by the end of round 3 i had overtaken everybody (it was 4 or 5 cars) and was closing in the last one again...i was having a chat at the same time with the instructor and i remember doing one more lap as we missed the exit!!! :lol:

The guy is doing his own training days 'iwannagofast.com' or smth....and i got pics and the video as well....awesome!!!! :thumbs:

Looks like a great day. I did a similar thing at Thruxton, but in an Aston V8 Vantage :cloud9: They are great days, but I know waht you mean about being over too quick. I didnt get a proper poke about in the Astons interior either, tbh that was the biggest letdown of the day in that they just rush you in the car and off you go.

Next up is a Palmersport Day, but at ~£800 its a bit of saving up :blush: Although PH are doing a day in March for about £650 :bounce:

Next up is a Palmersport Day, but at ~£800 its a bit of saving up :blush: Although PH are doing a day in March for about £650 :bounce:

I went on the Palmersport Day in September as a freebie through work. Such an awesome day, the single seaters in particular were just fantastic. Really got a feel for what it must be like ot be an F1 driver!

u guys dont like the X6M?? if someone offered to a swap for the zed id take that in a second! and theres not many cars i could say that for lol its a monster in real life i love it

the drive in the ferrari was over very quickly but as soon as uv taken the 1st corner u realise that its a very very capable car! handles very well and acceleration was unreal

oh and they said that these driving experience packages will have a lot of special offers soon cos of the media attention at F1 moving to donnington park, so expect reductions in the near future to get the crowds back in

u guys dont like the X6M??

I HATE the X6. M or no M. It's a horrendous piece of crap that is pointless. Every tasteless tw*t in Aberdeen has one too.....

I don't see the point in having a 4x4 that can't carry anything either and looks sporty....

Oh and if IS lowered it looks like the 5 series GT

bmw-5-series-gt-19.jpg

which is possibly uglier.

I have no idea how it is to drive and I have no plans on finding out.

I DO like the X5 though which looks the same from the front but keeps proper 4x4 proportions and is a much more handsome car in my opinion. I realise they are the same under the skin but it works. Same as that fugly 5 series GT thing - I'd have a saloon but hate it with a hatchback.

The lines just offend my taste I'm afraid.

So in summary, no.

offend ur taste lol

most crossovers offend my taste too mate- hate the merc cls, despise that 5 series GT cos they wanna be more things than theyre capable of and are ugly

the X6 makes no logical sens at all and i wasnt looking fwd to seeing it on the road... but its gorgeous!! lol guilty pleasure i suppose?

offend ur taste lol

most crossovers offend my taste too mate- hate the merc cls, despise that 5 series GT cos they wanna be more things than theyre capable of and are ugly

the X6 makes no logical sens at all and i wasnt looking fwd to seeing it on the road... but its gorgeous!! lol guilty pleasure i suppose?

I should trademark that! :teeth:

it was 4 laps (not of the whole circuit, just part of the circuit, around 2 miles per lap), in each car, no idea how long each lap took cos when ur having that much fun u have no concept of time- at all! lol

makes no financial sense at all mate but id happily do it again for another 200 big ones