wheel arch stolen - wtf?

UNABASHED

just been out to my car at lunch and as I walked back I happened to glance back and noticed that the passenger wheel arch has been removed! It was definitely there last week when I went for my brakes changing as I was checking them after they were done. It can't have 'fallen' off without me noticing when driving so that means that at some point over the past week someone has actually taken the time to steal it - for what reason??

the whole arch liner!

My only thought was that they we're trying to get at the lights, checked all over and no marks on bonnet or anything though, but if they were trying to get at the lights then why did they take the arch lining with them?

I'm going to have to try source an arch lining now as well, hassle!

I might just find out when you guys are having your next meet and 'find' one then :lol:

that's odd! I recently changed my side light bulbs and had to take off the wheel arch liner and i can tell you it's not an easy task! would have took a hell of a lot of effort to get the whole lot off.

:fishslap: smells a bit fishy to me!

If that someone WAS after the HID's then that someone obviously knows the 350Z and how to access them from the wheel arch, that someone might just be a member here...... :scare:

what a terrible thought, or maybe I'm just being a little para :secret:

got a front wheel arch for sale (ready for pick up in leeds) :teeth:

If that someone WAS after the HID's then that someone obviously knows the 350Z and how to access them from the wheel arch, that someone might just be a member here...... :scare:

:lol:

:boxing::lol:

when people are saying that the wheel needs to come off to remove the lining remember that whoever removed it could have cut it rather than slide it off all nice and neat. And it was definitely on after the brakes were sorted, I was right down in the wheel arch checkignt hemand would have noticed.

cutting that off would be a pain, there are two 10mm bolts holiding it to a bracket attached to the front bumper, ive no idea how you could do that,

do you trust the garage, no way they could of followed you? (ive no idea who did the work, if it was a trader on here sorry) :)

• 2 months later...

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to obtain a new wheel arch lining from Nissan. Ubnfortunately they seem incapable of understanding anything once I mention the dreaded words 'yes..it's an import', after a week of trying they did find the part (exactly same as UK!) but have now told me they have no stock and to order it it in will take...well they have no idea how long it will take!

If anyone is breaking a zed in near future and has the passenger side wheel arch available please bare me in mind!

no way was it stolen, you need to jack the car to get enough access to get the front bolts, and to get to the rear bolts you'd need to be able to turn the wheel. and even then its almost an impossible job to reach, it really has to be a wheel off job to get it out.

i reckon your garage forgot to put it back on.

also if they jacked the car up, which they would have had to, it would have set the alarm off, most modern car alarms are designed to go off if they change angle. i.e. it shoul dhappen if your towed, or jacked, the idea being to stop people stealing wheels

no way was it stolen, you need to jack the car to get enough access to get the front bolts, and to get to the rear bolts you'd need to be able to turn the wheel. and even then its almost an impossible job to reach, it really has to be a wheel off job to get it out.

i reckon your garage forgot to put it back on.

also if they jacked the car up, which they would have had to, it would have set the alarm off, most modern car alarms are designed to go off if they change angle. i.e. it shoul dhappen if your towed, or jacked, the idea being to stop people stealing wheels

yes, but if I accept that reasoning then I also have to accept that I didin't realise it was missing even though I was looking straight at it! :lol:

You want me to order you a new one from Nissan mate?
[

if you can that would be great mate :thumbs: as far as I can tell the arch lining is split into 2 peices - the connected to the front bumper side and the one connected to side skirt side? It's the section connected to the side skirt side of the arch that is required - though not sure if they are ordered in seperate pieces?