Bennet taking a detour at the ring more pics;-)

sunset350z

Just spotted this on a you-tube video that shows some of the cars i was in on the ring. My mate Playo in his blue Audi S4 who managed to crash in the rain on the Saturday!!! that cost him €1340 for damaging the barriers. He was lucky to get away with a scraped rear bumper and nothing else. That was his very first lap of the ring ever, not a good idea in the rain :scare:

At about 1:12 there's a black mk4 golf which i'm a passenger showing my mate Andrew the way round.

The best bit at 2:55 is a pic of Bennet's black zed cutting the sharp left and then right hand corners at ardenauforst, i was Bennet's passenger quite calmly shitting myself :scare:

I don't think anyone took pics of us spinning out quite spectacularly on the very last corner. Which i have to say was extremely fortunate for Bennet not hitting anything. To lose it twice on one lap and not crash is a miracle and Bennets middle name should be "LUCKY" :lol: Needless to say i was a nervous wreck for the rest of the day and didn't go back out on track til the next day.

In all fairness Bennet drove like a bat out of hell and even kept up with a "ring taxi" for a good few minutes, which was very impressive indeed. His car is a 296bhp GT4 with minimal engine mods but the big dfference was his K-Sport brakes which were tremendous at slowing us down, and the uprated suspension that helped us around corners at speeds i didn't think possible.

A few of my mates went out with Bennet for a few laps and they came back absolutely amazed at the cars handling and speed. I was amazed he came back in one piece :drive1 i can tell you :headhurt:

I'll leave it to Bennet to explain why he spun out twice :lol:

I just Hope he doesn't make his engine more powerful as its bloody quick enough :dummy:

It went round corners faster than i could of ever imagined. But i suspect with a few more tweeks it'll go round even quicker. I just don't know if i could handle the anticipation of flying towards a sharp corner at over 120mph and preying that its gonna go round without any drama's :scare:

Eh Steve ;) you are a sellout :p

i have been so busy since i got back and have only written up half the story so far and still have to upload pics etc to complete it.

Anyway we had a good time and i still think you are the best passenger for the little off we had. You were calm all through :thumbs:

Needless to say if you go fast especially at the Ring things could happen but there is no such thing as LUCK! you make your luck by anticipating things, staying calm and reacting appropriately :teeth:

Most of all as i told you or any other pasenger i took round...you cannot be fully relaxed when you think about the car getting dammaged or you getting injured! you need to think about the job at hand and drive within your limits and that of the car!

The off track moment at Adenauer forst was mostly due to the Evo though! i taken that corner faster several times but this time i went to deep outbraking the stubborn Evo and took too large a bit off the kerb unbalancing the car and the only route left was to use the run off or crash :scare:

I will have to see the video at home since youtube is blocked at work despite trying several proxy servers

Finally , the zed can and will go faster especially round the twisties because i know what i require next to get ultimate sweet spot but the brakes are just out of this world! I outbrake fezzas and porkers GT2&3 at will :p

As for a power upgrade it will make me faster only to and out of corners and mostly the straight bits so not a massive to shave off the clock is expected. however i will go for it if i can keep the car reliable as it is now and not break the bank!

I will stop here and hopefully post my experience and the development of my zed to the Monster it is now soon.

Some of these weren't very lucky :lol:

Oh and i'm expecting a lot more photo's of our little off :drive1 from the guy who posted the video up earlier. He found it hilarious, ha ha :scare:

The motorcyclist at 0:56 is hilarious. Very lucky, could have been a lot worse!

Ok as promised i have a few more photo's of Bennets short cut :drive1 . We was out of control until we came to a stop on the grass verge!! We got out to check for damage, but luckily there was none, just a load of grass under the car. On hindsight i realised it wasn't the smartest thing to do, there could of been more nutters losing control on that section :scare: . Bennet kept his helmet on, i don't think he wanted to be recognised. I looked pretty calm to be honest, but i was thinking of making a run for it over the crash barrier :lol: I'm sure we can make this into a caption competition in fact i know you will :teeth:

Here's the pics>

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

P1020122.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

P1020123.jpg

P1020124.jpg

P1020125.jpg

P1020127.jpg

P1020128.jpg

P1020129.jpg

Here's a ring taxi drifting the same bend ;)

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

His exhaust dont look too straight :scare::surrender:

They are straight mate :thumbs: i lost my left bung on the begining of a lap just before the bridge at tiergarten in the morning session and found it later in afternoon runs ;) LUCKY!

Duly drifted on the grass verge.... openned door and picked it up and powered off :teeth::teeth:

Any more pics shady Steve!!

Those wheels surely aren't ideal for tracking it though :surrender: I had them and got rid as they ruined my handling just on the road, i cant imagine what they're like on the track!

Good pics though, and a nice bit of drama without it going wrong :lol:

Those wheels surely aren't ideal for tracking it though :surrender: I had them and got rid as they ruined my handling just on the road, i cant imagine what they're like on the track!

Chris,

Believe you me they were perfect B)

I think the purist would say 18" or even 17" for racing but its unfounded because a very light 19" wheel is as good especially as you can get wider tyres etc.....see the porkers GT 2&3 and lots more other production track spec cars they all have 19 inchers :thumbs:

Anyway these wolfrace a a bit heavy (but not so more than the Gt4 wheels.) and the lip is quite prone to on track kerb dammage :scare: i will in the future go for the CE28N or similarly light 19" wheels. :teeth:

Chris,

Believe you me they were perfect B)

I think the purist would say 18" or even 17" for racing but its unfounded because a very light 19" wheel is as good especially as you can get wider tyres etc.....see the porkers GT 2&3 and lots more other production track spec cars they all have 19 inchers :thumbs:

Anyway these wolfrace a a bit heavy (but not so more than the Gt4 wheels.) and the lip is quite prone to on track kerb dammage :scare: i will in the future go for the CE28N or similarly light 19" wheels. :teeth:

I think i had a bad set of them anyway, but my car had absolutely no accuracy on turn in... then i put my 17" JDM's back on and the car felt like a precision instrument again, what a difference! CE28N ftw though. :thumbs:

;) You know where I am when your ready :ninja:

;) You know where I am when your ready :ninja:

You're never going to let go of those time attacks so stop teasing :p

But when you get desperate i be waiting :innocent:

If you stump up the cash & wait for my new wheels to arrive (or lend me your set) & I'd sell ;)

Pm me with your REVISED asking price :teeth: we can work something out at the end of next month. I have forked out £££s for the zed this month and still doing so :scare:

If you stump up the cash & wait for my new wheels to arrive (or lend me your set) & I'd sell ;)

Pm me with your REVISED asking price :teeth: we can work something out at the end of next month. I have forked out £££s for the zed this month and still doing so :scare:

Asking price has gone up a bit now (inflation & now not parting the car out) :p