JDM exhaust quieter than UK?

nixy

Been meaning to mention this for a while. First came to my attention when my son told me he had seen a uk zed and that the car sounded better than my jdm. I didn't pay much attention as its like permanent competition with him and me and cars! :wacko:

Anyway - i have since had Markie to visit and his UK standard car is DEFINITELY louder than my JDM. It's weird because mine has a nice sound when i'm in it and i give it some revs but there is very little noise from the back compared to a UK zed. I'm assuming its something to do with Jap laws but in what way will the exhaust differ then?

Anyone else noticed this?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to turn round and look at a zed that came through my village couple days back.its a uk one & it had a nice v6 burble to it where as i think my jdm is pretty silent.I just thought oh they must have a k2 or something on it as it looked standard

Any chance it was mine??? I was around your are a couople of weeks ago...it was sunday... :)

I had the chance to listen to mine yesterday for the first time when the garage guy dropped me off at work.... it looked so nice from behind....and sounded sensational!!! Wish he had booted it as well!!! :cloud9:

Nixy what year is Markies car? There is a distinct difference in sound in a 276bhp engine and the 296bhp engine (deeper howl) on the 296 engine.There is also a difference between a 296bhp engine and the 309bhp HR engine :)

Other than that i dont know unless they have different cats on, i am assuming you are talking about cars with the standard exhaust fitted? :blush:

Did i read some where about a difference in the diameter of the exhaust pipe or did i imagine that?

mines 2003 his is 2004 both with standard exhausts. I guess not many people have noticed the difference, even when you go to meets with others you generally don't listen to each others standard exhausts. There is definitely a difference so I wondered what it was on my car that made it so quiet? Not sure i could be bothered changing it for a UK standard one but its definitely an idea. How much does it cost to fit one?

Been meaning to mention this for a while. First came to my attention when my son told me he had seen a uk zed and that the car sounded better than my jdm. I didn't pay much attention as its like permanent competition with him and me and cars! :wacko:

Anyway - i have since had Markie to visit and his UK standard car is DEFINITELY louder than my JDM. It's weird because mine has a nice sound when i'm in it and i give it some revs but there is very little noise from the back compared to a UK zed. I'm assuming its something to do with Jap laws but in what way will the exhaust differ then?

Anyone else noticed this?

yes, noticed exactly this. lot louder on inside but disappointingly quiet from outside - was speaking to marzman in wales about this and he thought it wasnt the exhaust but something else that was different - but can't remember what he said - something technical :lol:

next time you have a sleep over with biscuit and Mr Dog you can check each others pipes out! :thumbs:

Thats just wrong..... anyway I told you the stupid missus wouldnt let me stay over..... :thumbdown:

I dont see the problem with sleeping with a couple of lads you have never met in another city you have never been too..... she wasnt so keen though :scare: AFFAIR with a dog and a biscuit, that sounds like something off of Jerry Springer !!!!

:lol::lol: