Courtesy and patience a thing of the past??

bronzee

Do you think common courtesy and patience is a thing of the past? People just don't seem to have any these days, just totally impatient, and selfish and lacking respect for anyone. :wacko:

This morning walked up to the ATM machine, and as I was about to pop the card into the slot, to make a transaction, this old dear late 80's, very dodery old man, with a walking stick, queued up, so I said, don't worry, you go first, I'm happy to wait.

He was a bit slow to make his transaction, but that was fine I wasn't bothered.

Anyway, this lady in her 50's or so pulls up, waits behind me in the queue, making impatient noises. Anyway, he duly finished, I made my transaction, so about 4 minutes had passed.

I turned around to go get back into my car, and made a comment, it wasn't really a long wait. And she goes, "silly you, you should have made the old giffer wait". Absolutely charming I thought and retorted, "I'm young, fit and healthy, and I was quite happy to wait for the dodery gentleman".

He was probably a WW2 veteran what's more.

I know what you mean Bronzee - this is getting more and more common place as people think that they are the most important people in the world and THEIR time is more precious than yours - dont let it get to you - as long as we dont turn into those people we should be fine.

Just bite your lip and let it ride over your shoulder - you know you did the right thing - thats all that matters and the chap you let in will appreciate your curtosy :#1:

Do agree with the OP. Not sure where you could identify the pivotal point in social decline - I'd venture the 60's - but certainly it's accelerated in the last ten years. You only have to look at the dramatic changes brought about in communities hit with disappearing industry, it all has a knock on effect. Family units crumbling, children brought up like friggin characters from Mad Max, attitudes tending to become more self-centered - take your pick really. :thumbdown:

Good on ya Bronzee !!!! :thumbs:

I always hold doors open for people and I always wave two fellow drivers if they 'let me in' a traffic line..

I get really angry if people dont do this for me though !!! :angry::rant:

same here, but only if they are good looking, il et the swamp donkies fend for them selves

only joking i do it for anyone young, old, fit or fugly ;)

Good on ya Bronzee !!!! :thumbs:

I always hold doors open for people and I always wave two fellow drivers if they 'let me in' a traffic line..

I get really angry if people dont do this for me though !!! :angry::rant:

same here, but only if they are good looking, il et the swamp donkies fend for them selves

only joking i do it for anyone young, old, fit or fugly ;)

:dry:

Yeah.... obviously if they are butt ugly they get the door slammed in the face... that goes without saying ....

its snowballing, as the ones brought up with less manners now have kids and they are reinforcing it in the next gerneration.

its not everyone,

but i tend to find with crap kids; the apple never falls far from the tree

Definitely, agree there. So often you see kids, and youngsters misbehaving like complete brats, check the parents, ah yes, easy to see where the attitude has come from.

yep i agree its getting round like that round here and its getting worse! plus i find if you speak normally and say please and thank you some eejits think your posh! lol.

Lol, that's about the half of it.

Think Mart is right though. It's not good though. Backward decline, but it's up to us to change it.

Lol, and Trev, settle petal. :p:lol: