Most efficient cruising speed?

Rob_Quads

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting thread. I wonder how much you would enjoy your £30K car when its sat on the drive and you cant actually drive it coz your banned? ;)

Granted you slowed down when passing cars, but what about people in their cars going in the opposite direction? If something did go wrong, and the risk of this happening is greatly increased the faster you go then I am sure that there is a possibility that you could end up on the other side of the motorway.

have you considered the effects of something happening? on family etc. and if you do survive a crash at those speeds the burden on the tax payer from NHS bills?

No wonder blokes have to pay more than woman for insurance.

anyway thats my pennys worth :p

if you are going to jae next weekend why dont we zero our trip before setting off and then see who has a heavy foot and light foot.

max.

I did, got 32 mpg on 350miles :teeth:

the fact that I had to make sure I wasn't losing a Yaris is influencing this quite a bit :lol:

if you are going to jae next weekend why dont we zero our trip before setting off and then see who has a heavy foot and light foot.

max.

I did, got 32 mpg on 350miles :teeth:

the fact that I had to make sure I wasn't losing a Yaris is influencing this quite a bit :lol:

I got 28.2 mpg on around 150 miles. Average speed of 48mph. Probably did alot better on the A1, think getting behind a few sunday drivers on the back roads from Newark to Bolsover had a huge impact :thumbdown:

Ha ha ha - Not sure why I’m bothering to have a 'discussion' with someone that cannot formulate their views without being insulting, people like you spoil this site.

You again have missed the key point in that it is of no consequence to you or others the faster I or someone else drives when it does not effect others on the road. I.e. a deserted motorway.

It is not for you to quote the law to me or others, again you have made yourself look stupid by missing another clearly stated point in that I accept the speed limits and the penalties for going over them.

So you never drive over 70 - don’t be a hypocrite, why have you bought an even faster GT4 model? what a waste of a lovely car.

(This bullshitting bollock talking high space cadet has no points on his licence and 5 year’s NCD)

On a drive from york to central scotland - the miles would have been around 250 and I got 32.4mpg. That was me taking it easy due to the number of cameras around on the A1/A66/M6/M74.

I will post other averages from my trip when I get time to get the info.

All in I was happy with the mpg at safe motorway speeds.

You again have missed the key point in that it is of no consequence to you or others the faster I or someone else drives when it does not effect others on the road. I.e. a deserted motorway.

Did you hire the motorway for your own personal use? No.

The only place to drive like this is a track. If I wanted to drive that fast thats were I'd do it.

NCD won't help you when wrapped around a tree. :scare:

Please can we keep this on topic guys? Perhaps any discussion of speeds on motorways can be made in a seperate thread?

The only comments I would wish to make are that we cannot condone speeding here (for obvious reasons) and those that wish to make posts relating to the speed they have driven at, do so at their own risk of any reprisal from the law or indeed others who may take objection to the speeds.

Now, back to the most efficient cruising speed please...

Guess who forgot to reset or indeed take any notice of the gauges alltogether. :blush:

"The German autobahns (freeways) have the lowest fatality rate of any roads in Germany"

Thats totally understandable but the point is we don't have Autobahns in England were everybody does 150 mph. We live in England and if you have some people doing 65, some 95 and some (idiots) doing 160 then thats a massive disaster waiting to happen :rant::angry::thumbdown:

.......but the point is we don't have Autobahns in England were everybody does 150 mph. We live in England and .......

Since this is the 350z-UK site, then I'd like to clarify that we don't all live in England, and that there are also no autobahns in Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland :D

Gus

508 miles from a tank, Lancs to Fort William & almost all the way back last week.

Cruise Control set at 75-80 on MWays.

And that was on 95 RON (yeah I know, don't shout at me, one off cos I was rushing to set off :surrender: )

I'm convinced the most economical speed is WELL below 70.