YOUR FAVOURITE STR-E-E-E-TCH

Vik54

So I know we've recently done 'most hated' - but what about favs? Prob done before I know but apart from the obvious Hoon, Lakes & Wales roads where do you love driving?

I'm off down to South Tyneside this weekend to see the Grand-mither :blink: - so I get to do one of my favourite stretches in the zed for the first time :teeth: - A68 - A697-down through the Borders - nae passengers - just me and SNOOPER :yahoo::evil::drive1

emmmmmmmmmm, on my doorstep, I'd say the A93 (highest road in the UK apparently...)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 83905&z=10

or

the lecht road (A939)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 83905&z=10

Basically the routes over the ski centres. Great in the car and on the bike. You can also link them via another cracker of a road that takes in 'The Bridge of Death!!!!'

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 45976&z=12

I love living where I live. :cloud9:

edited to add - these roads are very scenic as well as having an interesting mix of fast and slow so always driving along with a smile on your face for one reason or another.

This used to be one of my favourite roads (there are 4 pages of it on that site). In fact I went for a blast over it after my dads funeral although that was in a focus not the Z :dry:

And YES those wooden posts are really there to mark the edges of the road when the snow has been falling.

Wynnats Pass another favourite :teeth: Used to love this road in classic mini or an imp, will have to try it in the Z.

most back roads round suffolk are great fun,

i've driven some cracking roads in wales, the costal road from anglesey to abbaristwith(cant spell) especially when i took the 60 mile detour though the mountains.

i regularly like to get lost in wales and see where i end up, found some amazing roads.

i regularly like to get lost in wales and see where i end up, found some amazing roads.

Same in Scotland, Its like people built such awesome roads in the middle of nowhere and it like they have been forgotten about as there is a dual carrige that now takes the traffic.

My kind of road - turn up the volume - taken before the Nismo was added :teeth:

th_P1050613.jpg

Excuse the grunts from the camerawoman :blush:

Anyone going to Wales soon ;)

Nice one Colin - I thought you'd have something good to contribute :thumbs: (Nice tootsie polish June! x :teeth: )