Quicker 0 - 100

ccfc7cc

Hi guys I'm looking increse the 0 - 100 time in my 56 plate zed what difference would say each 10hp make in time from 0 - 100

Thanks

I assume you mean decrease? If you want to increase it just fill the car with lead, and put crap fuel in :lol:

It would be handy to know what you are really trying to achive with the 0-100 time though. Reduce drag strip times, or generally make the car quicker? For either options, weight saving is a good start, but if you want it as a daily driver, you wont save much weight apart from removing the spare wheel and swapping out the seats for something lighter.

Let us know what the goal is and we can help you out :)

Thanks Guys yes I mean decrese my 0 - 100 time I only use the car on the weekends and I haven't done anything yet to the car I sill want to beable to do a 250 mile round trip in it what I'm basicly looking for is to make it as quick as I can, I have read that people saying about qucik 0 - 60 but then an M3 or 911 is going to leave it for dead I'm looking to get my 350 to a point where it can keep up with these after the first 5 or 6 seconds also my 350 is a uk nismo model

You would need to go FI then :thumbs: Hope you got deep pockets ;)

+1 - cheaper and easier just to get an M3. They have more power and torque and are in a region where FI or NA its going to cost you a lot of money to keep up. FI will get you to levels where you can beat them easily though ;)

+1 - cheaper and easier just to get an M3. They have more power and torque and are in a region where FI or NA its going to cost you a lot of money to keep up. FI will get you to levels where you can beat them easily though ;)

NOS....................!

But it is not just about power/torque. There is no doubt an M3 is a bloody good car, but everyone knows about those whereas with the ZED they offer not only the rarity factor but as many informed testers had said, the overall driving experience is just so rewarding and you are in a true GT sports car.

Simply wanting to be a boy racer and outdrag someone (on the road) is pretty pointless to me and will inevitably attract the wrong attention at some time, or worse.... But if that is your way then NOS seems the answer for the traffic light gran prix.

Edit: snap Fiddy :lol:

Simply wanting to be a boy racer and outdrag someone (on the road) is pretty pointless to me and will inevitably attract the wrong attention at some time, or worse.... But if that is your way then NOS seems the answer for the traffic light gran prix.

Edit: snap Fiddy :lol:

Couldnt agree more Colin, but its what the OP is after ;)

Zed is way more fun though :drive1

Thanks guys not in to traffic light GPs just want to have the power there for the sake of it really and I have to say the 350 handles so much better than an M3

How deep are we talking hear for forced injection would 5k do or would i need a lot more

Double that to start with :)

Wouldn't a lighter flywheel / new clutch give an edge? If it revs more freely that should help acceleration, plus add a filter and better exhaust to help the breathing and a remap and that should make a difference.

Yes but not enough, unless you are an exceptionally good driver and they are pants, as he's only interested in straight line speed.

I know this is difficult but if you can one of the best ways to decreasing the 0-100 times in a Zed is to reduce the weight of the car.

Example.....If you have the 296BHP model which is roughly 1520KG, actually the BHP is nearer 198BHP

Reducing the weight by the following can:

120KG - 215BHP

150KG - 220BHP

200KG - 228BHP

250KG - 237BHP (Potentially 4.7-4.9 0-60 time)

(Source using simple maths....)

Now obviously these values are approximations and I know it’s very difficult to lose lots of weight however think of the results from just taking the spare wheel out, removing the passenger seat, etc etc ..........

No forced induction, more MPG..........

Everyone’s Happy.

Maybe you already know this...Sorry if you do

There is one easy answer with 2 options:

1) Shorter final Drive.

2) Cams and a remap / turbo / supercharger

The End :thumbs:

Yup shorter final drive is by far the cheapest option and will give very positive results. Only downside is reduced top speed and slightly higher fuel consumption, the latter would be the case with most power increasing mods anyway though ;)

1) Shorter final Drive.

That'd give an extra gear change to 100mph tho if you went 4.1, and an extra one before 60mph if you went 3.9. 350z doesn't like gears being slammed, so could make it slower mabe in a straight line? Might be wrong, just my interpretation of what i've read :)