Zeds for sale at under 10K!!

sunset350z

would you buy a high mileage Zed!!  

65 members have voted

1. 1. would you buy a high mileage Zed!!

• Yes, if its in good condition.
    • No, never

Mileage will be deciding factor for some, colour for others, condition for others - there's no one rule for everyone.

+1.

My Zed is now on 76k miles, and I've had it from 26k miles. To me it drives better than the day I got it (prob due to the new clutch and allignment work done at the weekend), but it certainly wouldnt put me off a high miler again. It would have to be in good nick and well cared for, but I think they are better than really low milers that have been left sitting doing nothing all the time and driven only short distances. I tend to look for cars that have done 10k/yr to make sure they've had a reasonably good running. We even saw on the dyno at SRR that the cars that were driven all the time seemed to pull better numbers than those with "Sunday" cars.

I did prefer the 'safety net' of lower mileage and wouldn't consider anything over 35k when I was looking - but knowing what I know now and having the 'safety net' of the forum network I completely agree with the comments above re higher mileage as long as its been looked after why not...........! :thumbs:

If you price a car right you will sell it easily. Took me 3 days from advertising on here to waving goodbye to my Zed.

people always look for a car with the lowest milage they can afford,

100% incorrect.

I think people, me included, look at other aspects first and foremost e.g colour, spec and price. When buying my M3, I knew I wanted a black one, then I wanted it to have certain things such as Sat nav & electric seats etc, then I narrowed those down into what I wanted to pay. Once I had whittled those cars down, only then did mileage come into it for me...........if your statement was true then people would be driving around in coloured cars that they despise because they bought the lowest milage cars they could afford..... ;)

+1, the problem is these days it is that easy to clock cars that you can just never be sure if it is genuine. Where i used to work, two friends had theirs done one a 350z and the other a range rover, it made them probably 30% more saleable and took the guy 20 mins on each. For that reason i am always very suspicious and although a low mileage car does appeal, i tend to trust the cars with average mileage more so.

your right to a point but milage is still a deciding factor.

Are you reading the posts? :lol:

Both me and Stew said that mileage wasn't a deciding factor... ;)

yes i can read thankyou

i always look after my cars and i have them well maintained and serviced; i know when i come to sell my car if someone is looking for a silver car mine and another, both in good nick but mine has lower miles i'm fairly certain the lower mile car would go first.

hence i choose a low miler, and always maintain my cars etc.

If you price a car right you will sell it easily. Took me 3 days from advertising on here to waving goodbye to my Zed.

people always look for a car with the lowest milage they can afford,

100% incorrect.

I think people, me included, look at other aspects first and foremost e.g colour, spec and price. When buying my M3, I knew I wanted a black one, then I wanted it to have certain things such as Sat nav & electric seats etc, then I narrowed those down into what I wanted to pay. Once I had whittled those cars down, only then did mileage come into it for me...........if your statement was true then people would be driving around in coloured cars that they despise because they bought the lowest milage cars they could afford..... ;)

+1, the problem is these days it is that easy to clock cars that you can just never be sure if it is genuine. Where i used to work, two friends had theirs done one a 350z and the other a range rover, it made them probably 30% more saleable and took the guy 20 mins on each. For that reason i am always very suspicious and although a low mileage car does appeal, i tend to trust the cars with average mileage more so.

#

+1 there,

My grandad does about 7k a year, replaced his car with a 4year old car with only 3k on the clock had it a year and the bottom of the doors rusted out, suspension bushes had rotted where the car had been standing for weeks at a time in the weather.

At least if the car is driven regular and service/cleaned there should be no problems with average/high milage cars

your right to a point but milage is still a deciding factor.

Are you reading the posts? :lol:

Both me and Stew said that mileage wasn't a deciding factor... ;)

yes i can read thankyou

i always look after my cars and i have them well maintained and serviced; i know when i come to sell my car if someone is looking for a silver car mine and another, both in good nick but mine has lower miles i'm fairly certain the lower mile car would go first.

If they were both in the same good nick then the higher mileage one would naturally be cheaper, and would be the one i went for....... :)

my GTzed is a 53 plate with 104000 miles, hardly any problems...new fly wheel at 80 thats all, you don't to worry ou there they are as good a car at 100k as they are at 1k!!

i've had mine 5 years this month & have put 95 of the 104k miles on it, it needs replacing now though 'cos i do lots of business miles so watch out in the ad page as i will be saying goodbye to it in December, looking then for an 08 or 09 plate then.

if anyone hears of any deals please let me know - i might trade it or sell it private, if anyone knows of anyone wanting a good present for Christmas...at the right price of course, please reply

• 3 months later...

My Z is very low miles but higher milage cars dont bother me at all. My Alfa 159 is just about to pass the magic 100K mark and its still as tight as a drum, and has never missed a beat. (it will be getting changed soon though) I would think a big Vee would be good for 150-200K if looked after.

what would a UK non-gt Zed go for with low miles, say 25K ?

Dealer prices for the non-gt on a 53 plate with 25000 miles should be about £11500 max, and selling private about £10k ish for an unmolested example.

For the GT version you can add around £1200 to the above prices.

If it's looked after I wouldn't see a problem with 100k+ ? Depends on the kind of miles thats been put on the car, not sure how long the Z engine is built to last for...

Would you buy an FI car that has 60k on it with FI been on it for 20k?

Would you buy a NA car that has done 30 hours on a track? <2.5k

Hard isn't it?

what would a UK non-gt Zed go for with low miles, say 25K ?

Dealer prices for the non-gt on a 53 plate with 25000 miles should be about £11500 max, and selling private about £10k ish for an unmolested example.

For the GT version you can add around £1200 to the above prices.

Cheers m8!! :thumbs: