Abbey Motorsport Stock Ecu Flash - My experience

andymc

288 at SRR.......Things dont add up with that place :bangin:

Nice write up.

Ive got nothing against SRR, But a good mate of mine IA MOTORSPORT Runs a simililar setup using the same dyno dynamics rolling road but has a much different technique when running/tuning a car.

Firstly the car is run until it reaches a good operating temperature (Oil nice and warm) not just started up and taken round to the limiter :scare:

Then put on the rollers (still running not switched on and off every 2mins) strapped down then run on the dyno.

After each run the car is reved a few times decreasing the rpm each time and then run for a good few mins with the fans on so that the oil/coolant can cool whilst flowing rather than just stopping after running the engine hard :scare:

He also normally runs with the bonnets up.

It will be nice to see your results Mark :thumbs:

Hmmmmmm.....£345 does sound a bargain tho....if that's incl. dyno time

I think it will include a before and after run your records, but I highly doubt it is for dyno tuning time. I think this will be their generic map which they apply and its good to go. If it does include dyno tuning time, then I will be up for it in a few months :teeth:

I think it will include a before and after run your records, but I highly doubt it is for dyno tuning time. I think this will be their generic map which they apply and its good to go. If it does include dyno tuning time, then I will be up for it in a few months :teeth:

If they were just around the corner i would book mine in for Monday :boxing: to far to travel though :angry:

Remaps usually make the car more effecient and I know not many people care but have you noticed an increase in mpg? :teeth:

Glad you brought that up ... I used to run at 21.4 MPG - but in the 400 miles I've done since... I am now up in the 23 MPG already :) -- and of course, most of that is 'enjoying' the new found torque ;)

If they were just around the corner i would book mine in for Monday :boxing: to far to travel though :angry:

Its not that far :p

Mods, can we sort out the parts of the thread that is relevant to the HR remap , I then when I find time will have a read throu and answer some questions that have been thrown up.

Been doing some working out on prices I think the reflashes will be around £345-00 inc vat , this includes a before and after dyno run. This isnt cast in stone yet but a fair price. Extra time on the dyno will be charged at £97-75 inc vat per hour on the dyno ( VAT @ 15%) say if you car needs a little more work as it has a few different mods than what the reflash has been tuned for.

Mark

So can the 276bhp cars take multiple switchable maps via the cruise control buttons, or is that only possible on the newer cars?

Really like the idea of having a vallet map, as well as some more power :)

Thanks

And prob an obvious question, but would this mean you lose cruise control?

So can the 276bhp cars take multiple switchable maps via the cruise control buttons, or is that only possible on the newer cars?

Thanks

AFAIK its Gen2 ECUs that support map switching, and I think that means 06+. 03-05 doesnt support it :( But you do keep cruise control.

Thanks

AFAIK its Gen2 ECUs that support map switching, and I think that means 06+. 03-05 doesnt support it :( But you do keep cruise control.

could jdms gain cruise control if the right stalk was fitted?

JDM car being converted to have Cruise control , is a major job, ECU change , steering wheel just off of the top of my head.

On Andy car when logging ecu inputs we saw 20 degree C difference inlet charge temperature between running the STD air boxes and the Nismo filter kit , even with running the bonnet up there was still a great difference in temperautre between the 2 set up,s. I managed to tweak the map to regain the lost BHP when using the Nismo filters mostly by tweaking the fuel map and cam set up , but if we could keep the inlet temps as low a sthe STD car I would imagime we may well see a few bhp gained , but in my eyes your never keep these filters cold enough when they are bolted in the engine bay. We may well try STD air box fitted with HKS filters to see if this makes any difference.

Re Up rev tuning;

Reflash is a before and after dyno run. No extra dyno time included . If your car is alot different to what we have a reflash for , you will definitley need a few hours dyno time , this is charged at £85-00 + vat (£97-75 inc vat)

We are slowly working through the model range , 1st with stock cars. We will never find massive amounts of BHP from these very well stock tuned cars , but we can nibble at the maps , and help with smoothing the BHP and torque curves out gain a few bhp/torque here and there .

If you have other items fitted i.e exhaust, high flow cats or test pipes , plenum spacer and a good set of filters they will give a few more BHP and torque but again not massive amounts.

hope this helps.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Had another play with Andy Mc 350z with the HR motor yesterday on the dyno , fitted a HKS Y -pipe with a few more tweaks managed to find another 10ft torque between 3000 to 5000rpm , no more top end BHP so something must be holding back the breathing at the top end.

I will try to get some dyno plot up next week sometime to show what we have managed to gain using the Up Rev set up.

Mark