induction kits

sparky370z

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys howcome noone says anything about the RSK of HKS? imnot going to start wars now just want to know the pros and cons of each system from more experienced users here.

Because the HKS is way more expensive than the others. To spend that much on an intake you may aswell buy the ARC box ;)

guys howcome noone says anything about the RSK of HKS? imnot going to start wars now just want to know the pros and cons of each system from more experienced users here.

Its 3 times more expensive, although it does come with a nice polished pipe to justify some of the extra cost.

The JWT performs better as a filter too.

I've had the JWT which i bought brand new for £95 from Envy last year, that sounded and looked good. Then i bought a second hand K&N Gen2 for £120 off ebay, this came with the pipe as well which i liked even more and sounded just as good. So pick one you like the look of and if its expensive just see if you can pick one up second hand.

heres a pic with the JWT

007-3.jpg

and here's the one with the K&N Gen2

P1010426.jpg

Update: (sorry for double post). Gave the car some beans on the way home from work and good God, what a noise! Love it! Why don't they make them sound like that to start with?!!

Recommend the JWT for top howling noise and muchos VFM. :thumbs: Buy! Buy! Buy!

hi there,

could you post up a link to the kit you got, i am struggling to find the right one.

also how much discount do we get?

cheers

sparky

VQ35DE - http://z-store.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseacti ... rentCat=17

VQ35HR - http://z-store.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseacti ... rentCat=17

But, yeah, just give them a call. Fitting's a piece of cake. You just need a 10mm socket, something to bodge a hole in the plastic bit in the engine bay, a screwdriver and the ability to read some very simple instructions. I'm iffy about doing anything myself, but I did it in my lunch hour with no problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate, the pop chargers will suffer from some heat soak when stationary but when your driving the air flow increases so its not much of a problem. The JWT does have a heat shield as does the HKS so that will help.

At the end of the day most peiople have them on for the noise and not so much about the performance as the OEM box is already awesome. :thumbs:

The air travels through a gap in the front of the bumper directly infront of the pop charger, well it does on mine anyhow not sure if there are differences between what year your car is and if its an import. Sure someone more knowledgable than me could tell you. :lol:

Hey mate, the pop chargers will suffer from some heat soak when stationary but when your driving the air flow increases so its not much of a problem. The JWT does have a heat shield as does the HKS so that will help.

At the end of the day most peiople have them on for the noise and not so much about the performance as the OEM box is already awesome. :thumbs:

The air travels through a gap in the front of the bumper directly infront of the pop charger, well it does on mine anyhow not sure if there are differences between what year your car is and if its an import. Sure someone more knowledgable than me could tell you. :lol:

:thumbs:

At least you guys have a decent front air feed. However I'd say get a sheet of mild stainless steel from B&Q and make your self a nice sectioned off area around the induction.

Looking at the engine bay pics, the 350Z does have enough space so shouldnt be too hard to do. You'll find a smoother ideling even at stand still if you can keep the heat out and even some more bhp gains.