New Memeber - Hopefully New Owner Soon!

Hi all,

Just been pointed over this way from Pistonheads by martinmac. After about a year of complaining about being bored of my CTR I'm finally getting my arse in gear to look properly and the 350Z is top of the list at the moment.

Had my first test drive in a black 2004 GT just this afternoon and well impressed. That engine sounds great and it's so nice to have bags of torque to play with in any gear and actually the interior is fine, much better than I was expecting after reading some reviews. But... can I get some advise about the gearbox? The CTR has the slickest box I've ever used so hard to compare but the box felt pretty poor, especially 5th which felt very "crunchy". Seems syncro issues are not uncommon?

Heading down borders way to look at 2 tomorrow. Hopefully gooduns so we'll see if I'm a 350z owner by end of tomorrow :)

http://www.arnoldclark.com/used-cars/ni ... 01-613526/

http://afnoble.nissan.co.uk/used-vehicl ... VZ&h=4ea60

Steve

hey steve i test drove a couple of zeds before taking the risk of buying mine over the phone but the box is renowned for being a heavy box and from the cars i tested 3rd gear can feel a bit off but i have not yet experieneced a problem with the 5th gear. fingers crossed i never get problems with my box.

welcome to the site

alan

:welcome:

The box on a Zed can feel a little notchy compared to some other marques. My missus is always complaining that she cant do a smooth change from 2nd to 3rd. I just tell her its her driving....

Hey Stew, currently in the center of toon but originally from out in the sticks around Aboyne area. Aberdeen always seems well represented on car forums, damn layabouts with too much free time offshore i think...

Sunset - Thanks, i think your right it's just a bit meatier due to the extra torque. I guess I'll miss full bore upshifts on the knockhill pit straight in the civic :(

hmm, wonder if I get my zed this week I'll be in time to book for the Jockland Hoon? Might be a good way to break the new beastie in :D

Hey Stew, currently in the center of toon but originally from out in the sticks around Aboyne area. Aberdeen always seems well represented on car forums, damn layabouts with too much free time offshore i think...

Sunset - Thanks, i think your right it's just a bit meatier due to the extra torque. I guess I'll miss full bore upshifts on the knockhill pit straight in the civic :(

hmm, wonder if I get my zed this week I'll be in time to book for the Jockland Hoon? Might be a good way to break the new beastie in :D

Ah! An Aboyne loon. I'm out there often on my bike or in the Zed. I stay just west of the city.

The Hoon is ideal to break the beastie in! ;)

Oh, full bore upshifts are fine in the Zed up the pit straight! Plus you get the added bonus of PAX laps with ZMANALEX too! :teeth:

Hi there :welcome:

I came from a CTR and yes the gearbox on there is amazing so it does take a bit of getting used to the change but it shouldn't feel rough and you will soon get used to it. Scotland seems to be the zed capital of the UK - you lot will be able to start your own forum soon!

I need to edit my thread title :) Picked it up yesterday but was mostly a motorway cruise home so had a proper drive today and it just gets better and better, was very surprised how smooth the ride was even on really rough b roads.

img0019ped.jpg

img0020chc.jpg