LONG TIME DREAMER, RECENT OWNER.

Thought it would be polite to say hello before I start picking your brains. I recently bought after years of dreaming and saving a 05 Azure 350 with Nismo wheels and exhaust and i'm over the moon. The car is awesome and has supassed my expectations which were high.

Now to pick your brains 2 things, firstly my car has 30k miles and the bumper/bonnet need respraying due to stone chips because its quite bad. What are my chances of getting any help from Nissan?

Secondly my car has a short shifter on it and i'm finding the gearbox notchy and when i'm booting it 4th is hard to get. Iv'e been told could be due to short shifter being not installed correctly? any ideas????

Thanks Dan[/color] :bye: :drive1

:welcome: to the forum Dan

Glad you have your shiny new Zed - get some pictures posted up mate!

re: stone chips - they all have them - I dont think Nissan will cover that - they will only cover rust or paint lift - its seen as normal wear and tear - and yes the paint is super thin on them - they all suffer from it ........sorry.

re: shifter question? Sure someone will be along soon to advise? :thumbs:

Where are you based?? As said above, i wouldn't go to Nissan but source a good local company. It's worth getting recommendations as the Azure is notoriously hard to colour match.

The short shifter is a tricky one to diagnose without seeing it tbh. I don't think many have short shifters on here as fitment is a bit of a pain so i have heard.

avoid nissan like the plague, they are over priced and generally (although not always) incompetent post up pics

and as for the gearbox, i think its just going to be extra hard work because it has a short shifter. i had one on a previous car, and it just requires more effort. you have less of a lever to use hence the extra notchy feel. its ni on impossible to fit a short shifter wrong,unless your blind.

Thanks for all the tips, i'm in Ilkeston Derby if anyone can reccomend a good bodyshop?

will get some photos up ASAP as soon as i work out how to resize them...having a nightmare as i'm new to forums and i'm not much better with computers :bang:

Thanks Dan