Wheel advice

rtbiscuit

I'm not one for asking for advice usually like this, but i'm struggling with my direction. my tires have about 1-1.5mm left to the wear line on the tires at the rear, so i've seriously got to start giving the wheel situation some thought. I would love to spend £1500 on a set of new alloys, and i even know what set i'd get, thats not so much the issue. but for me thats a lot of cash, and there is so much i want to do, so i'm more and more inclined to get my current ones refurbed at the same time as changing the tires. they have bubbled slightly,i think i might also get some spacers at the same time. i've seen BM's wheels and i love the wide stance and the deep dish look and how it fills the arches, and feel the only way forward with standard rays will be to space and possibly lower as well. my estimate is:

Refurb: £140

Fitting tyres : Guess £40

Tires: £500 for Ultrac ssantas

spacers: £220

Total: £910 rough guide

that leaves me with nearly £600 left over, for other goodies

i will have a full nismo V1 kit on soon as well as headlight eyebrows, and i want the wheels to complement it. i want a menacing look to the car.

my problem is if i go for a refurb on standard wheels; I'm not 100% sure which color to go for. i really like the satin black wheels on buster's but not sure how well that will go with a blade silver car. i don't think i want to go for the stock finish and was thinking about landing somewhere in between. like the chrome-black, hyper black, anthracite colors etc.

what are peoples thoughts, I'm not looking for people to tell me what to do, but hoping that the suggestions might open my eyes a bit.

if i went sat black would i need other dark items like carbon fiber on the car to off set the wheels like handles wing mirrors and bonnet etc

The problem being if you get the rays refurbed is once you have spent all your money on other things for the car you will always have in the back of your mind i wish i went for the wheels that i really wanted.

Go for it and get the big expense out of the way and then get the smaller mods done at a later date :thumbs:

all the best :D

The problem being if you get the rays refurbed is once you have spent all your money on other things for the car you will always have in the back of your mind i wish i went for the wheels that i really wanted.

Go for it and get the big expense out of the way and then get the smaller mods done at a later date :thumbs:

all the best :D

it is tempting, but i do quite like the rays. and its also the fact that powered coated rays will be easier to keep clean than the Linea Corse Dyna will through the winter, and keeping the polished lip in good nick etc. we are talking an extra £600 i could almost do the suspension for that and have sports setup etc. plus brake lines etc.

i don't know i think it will be one of those last minute decisions, i'm trying to think with my head and not my heart.

I agree that if you do your wheels you'll think 'wish I'd gone for different ones' however not sure if where you live you need to swap for winter or not. If you do then you still need tyres anyway.....

Personally I'd go for the refurb now and maybe get saving after for different wheels if the mood strikes!

I agree that if you do your wheels you'll think 'wish I'd gone for different ones' however not sure if where you live you need to swap for winter or not. If you do then you still need tyres anyway.....

Personally I'd go for the refurb now and maybe get saving after for different wheels if the mood strikes!

these are the wheels i like

IMG_7357.jpg

and they are in hyper black which i quite like. was tempted to try and get the rays in hyper black.

i do love those rims, but i really like the rays, the only thing about the rays was that they don't fill the arches so hopefully spacers and lowering would do that.

Are the wheels 19"? If you are really happy with the rays then you should keep them and do the spacers and lowering. Then once you have done all your modding you can think about new wheels at a later date. Those are really nice wheels but like you say if you really like the Rays then you should keep them. :thumbs:

Sounds like your not after advice ... but I was in a similar predicament

Ive got a blade, completely standard with nismo spoiler and other std wheels. I got an advisery on my mot that the tires need changing but thought by the time ive bought new tires n refurbed I may as well buy some different ones.

I went for SIHNK Nismo's in the end which I shud be picking up this weekend. They are gun metal and I still cant decide whether to spray them silver or keep them as they are, I also want a carbon lip, might look good with the wheels.

I think you would prob be better putting the money you were gonna spend towards something like BMs wheels, they are awesome and they will transform your car so much more than spraying your rays...

Up to you buddy at the end of the day :thumbs:

good luck :thumbs:

Are the wheels 19"? If you are really happy with the rays then you should keep them and do the spacers and lowering. Then once you have done all your modding you can think about new wheels at a later date. Those are really nice wheels but like you say if you really like the Rays then you should keep them. :thumbs:

they are 19's and if money were no object i'd pick these over the rays any day. i'm just trying to be sensible, and i'm finding it really difficult. :wacko: with the left over cash i could porperly sort out the clicking axle (which i keep postponing :blush: )

i do love those wheels i've been eyeing them up ever since rarerims put them up on here. not even sure they can get them yet as i don't think anyone supplies them in this country yet. plus the fact that i don't think they will come in at £1500 as thats roughly the gtr group buy price and thats with a club discount because your group buying.

Sounds like your not after advice ... but I was in a similar predicament

Ive got a blade, completely standard with nismo spoiler and other std wheels. I got an advisery on my mot that the tires need changing but thought by the time ive bought new tires n refurbed I may as well buy some different ones.

I went for SIHNK Nismo's in the end which I shud be picking up this weekend. They are gun metal and I still cant decide whether to spray them silver or keep them as they are, I also want a carbon lip, might look good with the wheels.

I think you would prob be better putting the money you were gonna spend towards something like BMs wheels, they are awesome and they will transform your car so much more than spraying your rays...

Up to you buddy at the end of the day :thumbs:

good luck :thumbs:

love BM's wheels and they are stunning, but way out of my price range, and i like the ones i posted up early the linea corse dyna's.

they are 19's and if money were no object i'd pick these over the rays any day. i'm just trying to be sensible, and i'm finding it really difficult. :wacko: with the left over cash i could porperly sort out the clicking axle (which i keep postponing :blush: )

i do love those wheels i've been eyeing them up ever since rarerims put them up on here. not even sure they can get them yet as i don't think anyone supplies them in this country yet. plus the fact that i don't think they will come in at £1500 as thats roughly the gtr group buy price and thats with a club discount because your group buying.

Don't be sensible, its boring :p

Always hard when your head and heart are :boxing: !!! I have just taken the plunge and bought new alloys and tyres. No where near what your priced ones are but it was a tough decision but just closed my eyes and did it!! :lol:

i'm sure i must have seen a pic, but which ones did you go for in the end?

Nice Rich!

I'd just buy them - they look superb!

As I say though, if you can do without winter wheels you can sell the rays to get the money back. :thumbs:

i live in suffolk would that require winter wheels? im tempted to go all hyper black and not have a polished lip as it seems to be the polished lip that sufferes in winter.

i'd want to keep the rays for when i sell up if i went this route. and wouldn't want to buyy extra tyres for the rays to use them as a wiunter wheel

Nice Rich!

As I say though, if you can do without winter wheels you can sell the rays to get the money back. :thumbs:

i live in suffolk would that require winter wheels? im tempted to go all hyper black and not have a polished lip as it seems to be the polished lip that sufferes in winter.

i'd want to keep the rays for when i sell up if i went this route. and wouldn't want to buyy extra tyres for the rays to use them as a wiunter wheel

No idea if you need a winter wheel or not. Are you in the 3 snow flakes and it's on the news region? I'm in forgotten North Scotland where I feel more comfortable changing wheels in winter as we get quite a bit of snow.

Black wheels look great on a blade Zed (see Jays car) but the price difference isn't *that* huge getting the new wheels.

The problem for me would be the need to change your knackered rear tyres.

Nice Rich!

No idea if you need a winter wheel or not. Are you in the 3 snow flakes and it's on the news region? I'm in forgotten North Scotland where I feel more comfortable changing wheels in winter as we get quite a bit of snow.

Black wheels look great on a blade Zed (see Jays car) but the price difference isn't *that* huge getting the new wheels.

The problem for me would be the need to change your knackered rear tyres.

we normally get a bit of snow around april time, and losts of frost, so they always salt the road. but if i did go the new wheel route i would be coating them in several layers of a good protective wax before fitting and then maintaining it ever after.

as for knackered rears, they should be good for another 2000 miles which would probably take me well towards mid november. but i'd like to have neww rubber on before winter really kicks in.

Just buy the new wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks sarnie, most direct. :lol:

if i was to go this route, should i go for a polished lip or do you think it would look alright in hyper black with no polished rim. i've seen some deep dishes in satblack, but nit sure if i like it or not.

Always hard when your head and heart are :boxing: !!! I have just taken the plunge and bought new alloys and tyres. No where near what your priced ones are but it was a tough decision but just closed my eyes and did it!! :lol:

i'm sure i must have seen a pic, but which ones did you go for in the end?

I haven't put a picture up just yet. Going to wait until they arrive and then put a picture up of them on the car. All part of the slowly moving project.