VW nut's car history and got a z car

Hiya

My names Andy, from bedford, into cars, heavy metal, snowboarding and rugby, automotive design egineer, would like to meet 2006 or newer facelifted gt packed uk z idealy in dark grey metallic.....

After playing with VW's since i was 17 (building a 4wd r32 powered Corrado atm :headhurt: ) and always wanting a zed i've decided to get one as the corrado's taking longer than anticipated due to working away in the week and drinking at the weekends!

I know i want a facelift z, i will be using it for 20k a year, few questions though if anyone can help that'd be awesome!

- i'd imagine the economy'll be similar to my vr6 corrado, 30ish on the motorway and 20 round town?

- i want sat nav but struggling to find a car with it, do cars with sat nav get broken regularly and does anyone know the going rate for trim as well - and if it is retro fittable into a non sat nav loom?

- what do p1 p2 p3 services mean?

- how much on ave are a standard set of tires? and how long do they last?

I looked at 3 cars last week, do these prices seem right?

a 56 plate gt pack 25k £16k that sold 5mins b4 i got there - beautiful as well :rant:

a 06 convertable that the dealer appologised and didnt show me as they descovered the roof mech had broken and required a new one! :doh:

a 57 plate with gt pack and sat nav, 19k but £19.5k :scare:

Looking at...

56 plate with gt pack 27k tomorrow - dealer £16k with 1 month nissan and 6 months dealer warranty

06 (facelift though) gt pack 19k on friday morning - private £15k

all uk cars, another question is there an accurate up to date price guide to look at anywhere cos although i'm scouring autrader/pistonheads/ebay but the prices vary?

also if anyone knows of a car for sale please send me the link! cash waiting!

cheers

andy

:welcome: mate lot of ex VW nuts on this forum (some more nutty than others - ahem :blush: )

Prices are tricky at the moment as prices seem to rise one week then drop a little the next - good time to buy now though its just down to getting exactly what you want - one thing though once you get one you wont regret it no matter the cost! B)

Good luck with your search and do your groundwork on the forum

Hi and welcome to the forum Andy. :)

i'd imagine the economy'll be similar to my vr6 corrado, 30ish on the motorway and 20 round town? Sounds about right. :thumbs:

The Nissan Birdview sat nav is ok, I have one. They are very expensive though, dont take postcodes, dont update and can be replaced with many cheaper options.

There is a guide to services on here, it goes P1-P2-P1-P3 at 9k or 12 months.

A set of tyres? obviously depends on how much you want but as a guide for good ones check out the traders section on here.

Hiya

My names Andy, from bedford, into cars, heavy metal, snowboarding and rugby, automotive design egineer, would like to meet 2006 or newer facelifted gt packed uk z idealy in dark grey metallic.....

loving the lonley hearts add :lol:

- i'd imagine the economy'll be similar to my vr6 corrado, 30ish on the motorway and 20 round town?

i get 33 on long motorway journey, 25 day to day mix of roads

- i want sat nav but struggling to find a car with it, do cars with sat nav get broken regularly and does anyone know the going rate for trim as well - and if it is retro fittable into a non sat nav loom?

look up a thread by a guy called nurrish, he builds custom sat navs and even comes with a reversing cam now ;)

- what do p1 p2 p3 services mean?

if you have a plod round the forum you'll find the answers

:welcome::D where you from?

Wow, hello everyone! lots of friendly responses.. different from alot of vw forums!

I live between Bedford & Milton Keynes

Ok so piccys... heres my current car(s) - embarrassing as i now have too many and will be advertising the golf and passat for sale shortly!

ok Golf GTI Anniversary 8v 1996, Superchipped, high lift cams, fuly adjustable coilys, bigger brakes, decat, full stainless cat back discreet oval system, hella aftermarket mk4 style lights, mk5 gti 17's air con etc... havent got any pics when i bought her 5 years ago but this is the current guise... shiney :D

front.jpg

DSC_0133-4.jpg

GOLF_SALE_8.jpg

My daily, 1998 b5 passat 110 tdi estate sport spec, bought to help carry the bits needed for the corrado project, done 30k in the last 12months in her!

bought like this...

DSC00627.jpg

then in a matter on months i decided it needed hit with the modding stick so i didnt look like an old man, coilovers, all 8 new front wishbones and steering rack to make her handle well, 8.5x18" new a8 wheels in black debadged, bsatin black roof, mirrors and wheels, smoothed front numberplate plinth and a full sport interior

2821614199_f9779e94bf.jpg

DSC01009.jpg

Now the corrado vr6 is my baby (lol) I bought her 3 years ago like this

GTIORVR62.jpg

I then fitted coilovers, big TT brakes, 16" bbs splits, sprayed the rear lights red, fitted better stereo equipment and an alarm, cat back s/s magnex and bmc intake

DSC00273.jpg

I then decided the 16's were too small so bought some 17" bbs RC's and geramn plates... till i got a few too many fines!

DSC00309.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

I decided the corrado was then too slow after fitting big front and rear brake upgrades, coilovers and arb's new poly bushes all round. Som i found a crashed R32 and me and a fe mates broke it for parts... i took all the running rear, engine, wiring harnesses inside and out and the dash clocks and keys. The rest was sold to recoup a fair amoutn of the cash :thumbs:

dead R32

DSC00795.jpg

calm before the storm

it_begins.jpg

stripped of engine, interior and all wiring and fuel system

interior_strip_2.jpg

engine_out_2.jpg

Spot drilled and chisseled the rear floor out

floor_dressed.jpg

bought half a mk2 golf rallye and carefully remove the rear floor and cross member, stripped and primed it

floor_blasted_primed_2.jpg

bought a mk3 vr6 syncro rear subframe and converted into take the new vw haldex diff and installed the floor into the rear of the corrado (no pics) this is as far as i am atm due to work comitments - i wanted to be finished by spetember but its never going to happen so i'm hoping to have it on the road for feb. specs are with remap, 290bhp 4wd, 8 point msa approved rollcage, recaro carbon fibre race seats and a fuel tank :evil: :-)

Then today I bought me a Z car :clap:

2006 Gun metal 56 plate, 28.5k, fnsh, non sat nav gt pack

DSC01079.jpg

bought it from a nissan dealer for a good price i thought considdering it has some manufacturers warranty left, got them to refurb the wheels, fit 2 new tires, fully mop/polish the paint to remove some superficial damage and knocked £500 quid off :teeth: , pick her up when i get back from my hols next sunday

Once i get it my first things to do'll be

carbon mirrors and b pillars, these any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/350Z-Z33-Carbon-Fibre-Mirror-Covers-Fairlady_W0QQitemZ290333389519QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/350Z-Z33-Carbon-Fibre-Door-Pillar-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ290335000858QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item439950891a&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14hash=item439937f2cf&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14%20

then carbon interior trim and sill plates, anyone one here fitted these, i'd like to see some installed pics before shelling out ideally!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REAL-CARBON-FIBER-INTERIOR-TRIM-8-PIECES-NISSAN-350Z_W0QQitemZ260452279228QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3ca42a63bc&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

the parts about look very much like the rsw kit that i think envy sell but you get the monster centre consol part as well for £150 less delivered, anyone had a play with it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-350Z-Goki-Carbon-Door-Sil-step_W0QQitemZ290326408907QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4398cd6ecb&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14%20

The next plan is to remove the seats and get a chap in the trim development workshop at work to trim the centre panels in matching grey alcantara to replace the perforated leather - too black in there!

Then i shall be looking into sat navs

Hello mate welcome to the Z side of things...

I'm an ex-dubber too, used to have these two;

DSCF0284.jpg

GOLFMK2G60002.jpg

Polo Mk1 and Golf G60.

Love the mk3, there's a lot of very clever, subtle OEM+ mods on there. And the 'Rado looks fab too. Do you know Phatty? Think he's still building his, very similar.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

hi paul, i know of phatty but i've never spoken to him but i've seen threads of his and a few stories - seems he got a bit fed up with the corrado forum! his project is v v similar to mine, we even have the same roll cage by chance - my mate binned his corrado 1.8t before he got chance to fit it so i decided to have it off him (luckily he was ok in the crash without it!)

Tbh i still think the golfs alot of fu, but i just dont drive it any more, i even put a new scorpion s/s cat back exhaust on there to replace the twin pipes (sublte single oval backbox now) and it hasnt done more than 100 miles since! i cant leave cars alone so its safer for my wallet if i move the passat and the golf onto new carers! :D

love the olop and the mk2, its the only style of mk2 that i like really, dark colour and pumped up 'brit' style - lil wheels dont do anything for the bulky shape imo!

I got back from holiday yesterday and picked up the z... wow!!!! so much fun, raced around miltonkeynes like a loon for 15mins (not too fast just playing on the roundabouts) then down to a club meet in hemel so meet some mates - no bad vibes about turning up in a nissan to a vw meet.. it is a cool car!

Did the long journey to work this morning and averaged 32mpg, quite impressed!