Orange Colour - opinions

goatboy

So I'm on the hunt for a Z, and I've come across one in the sort of orange/bronze/gold colour (sorry don't know the name. Sunset is it? Like the one at the top of the board I think).

However I'm really not sure about the colour, I don't like it in much in photos but the ones I have seen in the flesh look much better.

Whats the general opinion?

I'm guessing its a marmite sort of thing....

Gold cars always kind of remind me of the 80's. :blush:

I am biased as I drive a sunset but I think that the colour is awesome and looks amazing when clean! Does look a totally different colour when the sun is in/dirty it is more of a bronze than an orange. If you like to stand out then this is the colour for you!!

When I ordered mine I had 4 months thinking "oh god I've bought an orange car" :scare: The day I picked it up I knew I'd made the right decision, it was awesome to look at B) Since then I've also learned to appreciate the other colours, even the one in primer :lol: Second to the Sunset I would have to go with the Custard (Ultra Yellow or something) At the end of the day the Zed looks superb in all colours, just looks at Paul's Green Machine. B)

Sunset is kind of an odd colour when I look back at some of the pics of my Zed over the last 5 + years. In the shade in some pics looks really quite dark, but then you get stunning reflections. :teeth: Then in full sunlight, the paint literally glows. It does tend to draw a lot of attention just sheerly because it's so bright, this can be a bit of a negative.

Pluses, easy to find in a line of cars, or in a carpark. Colour hides road muck fairly well from a distance (if you've been on a long drive), not as well as a silver one obviously. Good colour for a convoy leader. :drive1

Minus, being so bright, is a bit distinctive so can receive a bit of unwanted attention.

Ultimately the colour is a chameleon. :D

Doesn't matter what colour you go with, it's still a Zed. :teeth:

The sunset, rusty, ginger is amazing (yes i have one.........). Turns heads wherever you go. Can look so many different colours in different lights - but get the sun on it and it visibly sparkles. All zeds look good though really. Black is great - i've had 7 or 8 black cars but be prepared to look dirty most of the time unless you have lots of time for cleaning - sunset doesn't show the dirt much at all.

My zed in the sun:

Photo-0267.jpg

Picture032-1.jpg

...I have a very nice Temper Orange for sale if you are interested :D

Link?

I think I like the orange colour, but I know the GF doesn't :doh:

Black does look good but its the whole problem of keeping it clean...

Azure? Blue looks amazing in pics but I've never seen one in the flesh.

But to be honest I'll settle for whichever colour is on the best car I can find :D

They all look good!

i d be the first to admit that the sunset wasnt 1st choice on my list but once i found the one i own ,i had to buy it.the colour stands out in a crowd as already mention.it does draw a lot of attention at shows and on the road. ;)

my advise is go for it,it ll grow on you for sure. :teeth:

If you can get a look at an azure blue in the flesh it will be well worth it. I personally wasn't keen on the sunset orange "rusty" colour when the Z first came out but now really think it suits the car perfectly and it is very rare (I've never seen one in the flesh). When the sun hits it is seems to "flip" colours slightly - very nice. Would be one of my second choices of colour if I was buying again. Dark colours do definitely show the dirt - my last car, a golf vr6 was dark blue and was always looking dirty. Looked stunning when clean though.

Go with it. It looks good, its rare and stays clean. B) Every time the light conditions change so will the colour.

Although if you want to spend all your time with your Z and upset your girlfriend, buy a Black 1. You can wash it, go indoors and then come out 10 minutes later and wash it again cos it looks mucky. Bin there done that . :bang:

If you like it, great, who cares what others think. A Z is a coat of many colours.

As a bonus, it even looks good in the dark :D

orange was my second choice as i did originally want the azure blue but the car does look great. there are other sunset cars in my area but just shows the northeast has taste :lol:. the car stands out more in the sunset and as everyone has said they never look as dirty as black or silver cars if you dont have the time.

I totally understand where you are coming from as I was in the same situation a month ago... Wasn't my first choice but when I walked in to a car show room full of performance cars in popular colours like grey, black and silver, the orange Z stood out a mile and it was then I realised, if you are going to get a sports car, why blend in like everyone else...

:D

I specced up a coupe in azure blue at first.

Arranged an appointment to finalise a price and pay deposit but left the dealership after being kept waiting an hour :angry:

Went to a second dealership to do the deal and saw a sunset in the showroom......FELL IN LOVE and odered sunset.

I reckon it looks even better uner artificial light than the sun, with the orange flecks popping out. Can look dull when overcast though.

I love my sunset, I have a few friends who wind me up for buying an orange car, but they are only messing, most have owned up to the fact they actually love the colour, the others just don't like to be proven wrong! I wanted a gunmetal when I started looking, but so glad I got sunset, don't be put off by doubters, its good to be different and stand out a bit from the crowd.