Ex VX220 Owners say hi here....

mick43

Noticed across several posts that there's several ex VX220 owners now with Zeds - a natural progression for me.

Let us know what you had and when.

I'll go first.

Bought my Silver NA new and owned for 5yrs and 76k miles. Was one of the founder members of VX220.org and a a mod. Which means I probably know you unless you bought and sold in last two years? My VX was tracked and sprinted, and travelled all over Europe (Hockenheim track days and Nurburgring). Never missed a beat. Ended up with Nitrons, Oz wheels and Stage 5 tune from Courtney (re-profiled cams) etc etc so went as well as she looked.

What about you ?

:bye:

Ex-owner of VXR no.20 here, used to post over on VX220.org too and even went to the National meet at Anglesey a couple of weekends ago and drove my old car round the track, thanks to the current owner who I sold the car to! TMS stage 2, few other bits and pieces but nothing else really outrageous, loved the car to pieces at the time but could never go back now.

VXR350.jpg

hi... ex tubby owner here...owned a lovely black saphire 55 reg, only had it a year and i long to own one again... i miss it everytime i go for a blast tbh.. photo from the first day i had it. sorry not as cool as your pics..i never managed to make any meets as i use to work 60 hours a week... but i use to post on vx220.org a fair bit.. think my username was the same or lilsheep turbo or summin...

tubby.jpg

-ho

Current VX owner here!

Seriously thinking about selling up and selling the shed too (not that it actually is a shed though) and getting a Z.

I just don't get to drive the VX like it deserves to be driven, or have enough time for 2 cars. The joys of living in London

Only owned it a year though and spent loads of money getting it how I wanted it :byebye:

carlimitssmall.jpg

I think this is still the only car i'd buy before a Zed....

I've had loadsa Vauxhalls over the years, and the Z20LET Engine found in

the VX220T (and my Coupe:)) is a great, and very tunable engine!

Already seeing more and more cars

creeping well over the 300bhp barrier without too much hassle.....

Amazing cars, but i think i do too many miles to have one :(

No way could i afford two cars, but if that day ever comes........

:teeth::teeth::teeth:

• 3 weeks later...

ex and current Loti owners welcome here as said earlier and another :thumbs: for S1 Exige.

in my experience the Lotus equivalent wasn't as reliable as the VX mostly helped by the super reliable VX engine (ie. no HGF's !!) and my mates S1 exige experience.

VX was my everyday car for 5 years, 20k miles in first year alone, but I admit it was hard [very cold] during winter (but good fun driving on snow...).