new custom exhaust

LRF4N

decided to go ahead with the custom exhaust, went for a single back box with oval tailpipes, looks the part but sounds much quieter than i expected. i did ask for somethin subtle cos i didnt want it to sound like a scooby but i feel i cant even hear the grunt of engine even with an induction kit. is this cos iv been used to it sounding really loud when it was broken? iv been told it sounds fine but im not sure... it does sound good from outside but sounds more refined when im driving it.

anyway heres how it looks

25072009192.jpg

25072009196.jpg

25072009195.jpg

25072009194.jpg

25072009193.jpg

lol im not that hi tech paul! plus dunno how it would sound on my phone but il give it a go, where can i upload it apart from youtube?

yea jay was the 1st to say it sounded good, i think it might take time to bed in and iv just been too used to the loud-ass broken axhaust. think this calls for a tunnel run jay!

lol wel need to find out one way or another...for the good of the forum of course lol

anyway any advice on the sound of the exhaust? is it my imagination or could there be somethin to check? or give it time to settle in?

I would let it settle in for a while irfan, mine defo sounded better after a couple of weeks! But if not am sure there is something he culd do to make it sound meaner

I will drill some holes in it for you! That oughta noise it up a bit :p

I am all packed ready to go Irfan......think i could get a nismo exhaust in my case and through customs?

love the look of that, looks very nice :thumbs: as for sound just give it some time. all exhausts sound different when new. give it some time to carbon up a bit and bed in and you'll notice a difference.

also i had a 2nd hand exhaust fitted to mine, so it was already carboned up, but it sounded quite. i found you also need to give the car a good tank of fuel or 2 through it for the car to tune it in properly. it might not make any gains but the car works within the new air flow parameters.

also while i remember the builder should be able to tune it if i remember rightly i have heard of custom builds being tuned. and that if you want it louder they should be able to do that.

also whats the little lip spoiler above the rear window i really like that, who makes it?

i had exactly the same problem mate, i had a custom exhaust made (very similiar style actually) and asked for it to be not too loud, when i first got it is was very quiet and i was dissapointed but now its run in (3 months later) it sounds lovely and is perfect for me, great at low revs and not loud at all when cruising.

Give it time! :thumbs: