Envy Professional Valeting Show and Shine Comp!!!!

Stew

Envy Professional Valeting 350Z Show and Shine Competition

img2_mid2.jpg

Envy Professional Valeting have kindly donated the prize in a competition where we aim to find the best DIY detailing job carrried out on a 350Z by a 350z-uk member. All club members (registered users on the forum) are welcome to join in and enter the competition.

All you have to do is document a detail you carry out and post it up in a professional way. This would involve listing the items used, the techniques used and the method and write it up with loads of pictures!. Not to mention plenty of 'after' shots to show off your 350Z to take the crown of http://www.350z-uk.com show and shine winner!

The Rules

• [*:1qx74b70]The car that the detail has been carried out on must belong to the competition entrant
    [*:1qx74b70]Only one entry per member
    [*:1qx74b70]No Professional Detailing work will be judged. We have spies to check up!
    [*:1qx74b70]The competition will remain open for 4 weeks closing on 30th August at midnight.
    [*:1qx74b70]Any entry deemed unsuitable (not within the rules) will be removed by the Admin/Mod Team
    [*:1qx74b70]The judging panel are not permitted to enter
    [*:1qx74b70]The judges will be the 350z-uk Team and Tim from Envy Professional Valeting
    [*:1qx74b70]The judges decision is final!

Method for Entry

• [*:1qx74b70]Compose a post listing the items used, the method and techniques used and the time taken
    [*:1qx74b70]Add in plenty of pictures in order and don't forget the afters
    [*:1qx74b70]Add a sentence or two explaining why you enjoyed or didn't enjoy carrying it out
    [*:1qx74b70]Add a sentence with your top tip!
    [*:1qx74b70] Sit back and hope you win the prize!

The Prize!

Envy Professional Valeting have offered £50 worth of detailing products which will be tailored to your needs by yourself and Tim as the prize for the winning entry!

I think we can all agree it's a great prize and we all look forward to seeing the pictures of the winner using the products on the winning car!

Thanks to Envy Professional Valeting for supplying the prize for this great competition. Tim will be helping with the judging so ordering lots of supplies as a bribe might well help! All bribes to the 350z-uk team can be made via the Donate button!

Best of luck everyone and don't be afraid to enter, you have until the 23rd of August to do so. Remember it's not the prize that counts, it's the glory of being the winner! :#1:

All comments on the competition can be made in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25493

Only entries (one per member) in this thread please! All comments will be deleted.

*EXTENDED BY 1 WEEK*

A nice example found here viewtopic.php?f=22&t=22569

Roadtrip! A nice BH jaunt to the lake district saw me get to do this evo for Steve in Barrow in Furness. Had a nice 2day break in Ulverston but no earthquakes for me, but the car was a SHOCK! Passed Martinmacs turn off, looks a lovely area then also called in to see Nick at Clenz on the way back down.

Looks ok from the front

DSC02500.jpg

EEK

DSC02501.jpg

A hint of things to come...notice the orange colouration?

DSC02502.jpg

DSC02503.jpg

DSC02504.jpg

Also available in white

DSC02505.jpg

Now a look at the problem. Steve had mentioned an orange residue/colouration to the car. This was on most surfaces from the front wheels back, and I mean everywhere.

Here is the door half clayed, top done/bottom to be done. I knew I was in trouble now as it was taking a lot to remove the bonded contaminants. Started with Dodo Gentle grey, then the Purposeful Purple and ended up with the Scholl blue clay.

DSC02506.jpg

Not pretty

DSC02507.jpg

DSC02508.jpg

Getting there

DSC02509.jpg

By now I was seriously behind schedule as the claying had taken 4hrs and I had a correction to do. I was not sure if there was time but after a few frank discussions with Steve (sorry Steve!) I pressed on (under cover in the garage...it rained pretty much all day!)

Paint thickness readings were taken and it was OK to proceed.

DSC02510.jpg

Polish used FastCutPlus and UltraFine and a megs polishing pad

DSC02511.jpg

Not a lot of pics from here on in as time was pressing and I needed to get on.

Join the dots and you can get a rough 50/50 of the roof. Made it a hell of a lot brighter and there was a lot of hazy paint. Top half untouched, bottom half done.

DSC02512.jpg

And again

DSC02513.jpg

Machined until it was all done, dedusted and cleaned up. Then given a coat of Swissvax Saphir, tyres etc and moved out for some final pics. Please excuse the slow puncture:cry:

DSC02514.jpg

DSC02515.jpg

DSC02516.jpg

I was glad to actually manage to complete the job after the claying took so long, and thanks to Steve and father for their hospitality during the day and putting up with the frustrations!

Back to the hotel after to just make last food orders and a few pints of Theakstons :snack:

Tim

ps nice car on the M6:

DSC02498.jpg

And another from here viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23620

1st off have got home and the pictures are $hite! Colour doesnt look as good as it did...yeah yeah I hear you say, see for yourselves:)

2 days on this 58 plate C63 AMG, had this booked a while and couldn't wait.

Just back from a trackday and the tyres were more than slightly worn and it also needed some love.

A story of few words today, but any questions ask away. Main core products used Swissvax after the correction stage. A thorough once over with the PC to sharpen up the reflections and Crystal Rock as LSP.

DSC02429.jpg

DSC02430.jpg

DSC02431.jpg

DSC02432.jpg

Nothings safe around here!

DSC02434.jpg

New rubber fitted.

DSC02435.jpg

DSC02436.jpg

Orange pad and worked at speed 5 on the pc.

DSC02438.jpg

No probs with the pad once loaded up with product

DSC02437.jpg

Right of bulge done, LH not. Spot any difference?

DSC02440.jpg

DSC02441.jpg

End of day 1, day 2 saw bumpers and skirts finished. Wax time.

DSC02442.jpg

DSC02445.jpg

DSC02446.jpg

DSC02447.jpg

DSC02448.jpg

DSC02449.jpg

DSC02451.jpg

DSC02455.jpg

DSC02456.jpg

DSC02457.jpg

DSC02458.jpg

Apologies again for the substandard pics, she really did look amazing...

Tim

Gives you an idea for getting started!

Best of luck and I'm sure we are all excited about seeing the entries for this comp! Or maybe it's just me.... :blush:

Right here goes my entry.As if the neighbours didn't already think i was crackers,this a put the icing on the cake taking photos between each part of the wash. :blush:

Some before shots.

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

Car was foamed using a mix of ph neutral snow foam and CG citrus wash.

IMG_0763.jpg

While this was left to work i tackled the wheels with billberry and a couple of brushes.

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

Car was then rinsed leaving this.

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

Car was then washed using the 2 bucket method and Blackfire shampoo.

IMG_0769.jpg

Then rinsed with a open hose.

IMG_0770.jpg

It was then dried using 2 waffle weave drying towels and Megs last touch.

IMG_0771.jpg

This is how it looked after the drying.

IMG_0772.jpg

Tyres were dressed using Blackfire long lasting tyre gel.

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

The wax i chose today was Swissvax best of show.

IMG_0774.jpg

Here it is being applied.

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

While that cured i tackled the exhaust with Duraglit.

IMG_0781.jpg

Before.

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

After.

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

I then removed the wax.

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

Finally gave it a wipe down with Zaino Z8 sealant which left the paint feeling like silk.

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

Time taken around 3 hrs.Now time to have a well deserved pint of cider :p

Top Tip - I think that would have to be using the last touch as a drying aid. :thumbs:

i dont have a photographic commentary cos everyone thinks im wierd takin one photo after i wash my car so il just give a quick run through of my detailing progress to date

had the car a year almost to the day, to start with the paint was in pretty good nick for a 53 plate car but could have been improved. it all started with a full clay followed by polish with auto glym super resin polish topped off with a coat of meguires tech wax. from then on it was pretty much a quick wash, dry and every few weeks another coat of tech wax. that continued for 8 months or so before getting round to another claying session, super resin polish and more tech wax

wot i loved about the tech wax is it really brought out the depth of the azure and gave it a nice glossy shine, tech wax is easy to pretty cheap

then i came across meguires quik detailer, which i used between waxes to keep the shine. as i was drying with a microfibre i gave each panel a quick spray with the detailer and the results were great

then not long ago my bottle of tech wax finished so after consulting the azure legions on here i decided to buy some dodo juice purple haze wax. was better than the tech wax in some ways, it really brought out the sparkle in the paintwork, and is really easy to buff off. but i felt it lacked the glossy shine that tech wax gave. so i got myself some megs tech wax 2.0, easier to apply than dodo juice but takes a bit more effort to buff off.

i love them both in different ways so now everytime i wax i alternate between dodo juice and tech wax and here are the results.

my top tip for detailing- enjoy it!! and always do it urself- ur smile always gets that bit wider lol

10072009188.jpg

31052009088.jpg

31052009087.jpg

31052009091.jpg

31052009092.jpg

14062009105.jpg

14062009103.jpg

14062009102.jpg

21062009154.jpg

_MG_0083copy.jpg

_MG_0147copy.jpg

_MG_0174copy.jpg

heres another tip- always establish a boundary from 2yr olds who ask to help u clean ur pride and joy! the hose worked for me lol

23062009171.jpg

**WARNING NOT DIAL UP FRIENDLY LOTS OF PICS!!**

Right folks here is my entry into the Envy show and shine competition.

I've not had the opportunity give her wash leave alone a proper detail in ages so this is the perfect chance.

First a few dirty pics (not many as it didn't really look that dirty...some flies though):

IMG_3410.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

OK, first things first, my pre-pre-wash, for this I’m using tesco's All Purpose Cleaner APC, the purpose of this is to get rid of all the gunk which includes previous layers of wax. It will be applied using my Karcher and Foam lance:

IMG_3423.jpg

IMG_3424.jpg

Use an ENVY brush to get into all the nooks.

IMG_3425.jpg

Next thing is to tackle the wheels now the APC stage is over. So move the car to a flat spot and break out the trolley jack:

IMG_3381.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

So up goes the car and off goes the wheels:

IMG_3401.jpg

The products I am using for this task are:

IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg

IMG_3388.jpg

- Bilberry Wheel Cleaner (Dilution ratio of 10:1)

- APC (Tesco's own brand)

- Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo

- Meguiars Bug and Tar Remover

- Claybar

- Various brushes/mitts, including ENVY detailing brushes ;) (I know the stuff is on the ground but its my "dirty" cleaning stuff for wheels/arches)

- Karcher Powerwasher plus Foam Lance

Anyways, wheels off, wheel nuts dunked in some APC/Degreaser and left to simmer and the Wheels given a generous coating of Bilberry.

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3385.jpg

IMG_3390.jpg

Wheels given and good scrub with brushes and shampoo then left to dry on the grass:

IMG_3393.jpg

Now to tackle those minging arches:

IMG_3394.jpg

IMG_3395.jpg

A liberal blasting with the foam lance containing 5:1 dilution of APC then a going over with the brushes:

IMG_3398.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

**GLEAM**

IMG_3399.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

Wheels are now lovely and dry so its time to seal them with some Poorboys Wheel Sealant LOVE the smell of this stuff :cloud9: :

IMG_3406.jpg

Left to cure and wiped off, then just to be sure a quick coating of Collinite 476!

IMG_3402.jpg

Left to cure again:

IMG_3403.jpg

Whilst I went and made this:

IMG_3404.jpg

Tesco's cheese and pickle sandwich filling..mmmmmmmm

Wheels going back on, check the spacing on those bad boys :lol:

IMG_3405.jpg

Now just a case of taking off the other two and repeating.

Wheels back on and car back to the wash position :teeth:

Next thing is the pre-wash, using Bilthamber Autofoam, a very good frothy snow foam, again applied with the foam lance which is my single best valeting product I have bought so far :thumbs: :

IMG_3427.jpg

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3429.jpg

Finally on to the hand wash. Using the 2 bucket method, one for sudds and one for dudds, also a grit guard to stop any nasties getting onto my nice clean Euromitt. I am using Meguiars Gold Class shampoo for the wash, also MORE ENVY brushes!

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_3431.jpg

Getting into all the door jams and seals.

IMG_3432.jpg

IMG_3433.jpg

Rinsed off soap with the hose, bye bye wax protection all gone as you can see from lack of water beading :byebye::byebye: :

IMG_3434.jpg

IMG_3435.jpg

IMG_3436.jpg

Time to clay! :thumbdown: Thankfully I keep the car very clean so the paint is generally silky smooth. This is when I realised I had ran out of Quick Detailer, so here is my TOP TIP: I simply filled a spray bottle with 10:1 mixture of shampoo and voila, homemade clay bar lube!

IMG_3438.jpg

Here is the state of the Clay after doing the main body panels:

IMG_3439.jpg

And here are the bits that never get done, the bodywork that wraps round the arches, mankymanky!:

IMG_3441.jpg

Now I open a can of worms by peeling a sticker off my windscreen only for it to leave most of it stuck there..quickly dealt with using Meguiars Bug and Tar Remover and my Shell V-Power card :lol:

IMG_3440.jpg

Claybarring over, move onto another course of snowfoam and handwash using the same methods as before:

IMG_3442.jpg

All dried using my Polished Bliss SuperPlush Towel, best towel I have bought so far, dried the whole car and it was hardly even damp at the end!!

IMG_3444.jpg

Phew.....time for a cup of tea I think!!!!

Anyway back to the car and now using an old favourite Autoglym Super Resin Polish SRP, applied using a microfibre cloth:

IMG_3445.jpg

And after:

IMG_3447.jpg

IMG_3448.jpg

Now, I need to seal and protect the paint, first using Jeff Werkstat Acryllic spray, spray on wipe off:

IMG_3449.jpg

Whilst I was doing this, look what arrived :yahoo:

IMG_3450.jpg

Now wax, using base coat of good ol' Collinite 476s, best and most resilient wax I have ever used, total bitch to remove if the panels are hot, which unusually they were:

IMG_3451.jpg

WAX ON:

IMG_3452.jpg

WAX OFF:

IMG_3457.jpg

IMG_3458.jpg

Day2:

Lip spoiler back from painting and fitted. Time for some Dodo Juice Hard Candy!! Love the smell of this stuff too mmmmm....have to stop myself eating it :lol:

IMG_0183.jpg

All the exterior trim done with Aerospace 303 and Poorboys Trim Restorer, a reall good combo for cleaning, protecting and shine.

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

As you can see from the before and after pics on the front grille:

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

Windows done with Autoglym Fast glass and a some paper towels.

IMG_0185.jpg

Time for the interior, want to be thorough so time to take the seats out (yes I realise half my dashboard is missing :lol: ):

IMG_0188.jpg

Seats cleaned using Zymol Leather cleaner:

IMG_0189.jpg

Floors hoovered and all plastics wiped down with Meguiars Interior Detailer:

IMG_0190.jpg

Seats back, looking good :thumbs:

IMG_0192.jpg

And the same on the other side.

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

And the back.....

IMG_0196.jpg

Time to do the Zorst with Autosol, Wirewool and a Cloth:

IMG_3463.jpg

Before:

IMG_3464.jpg

After wire wool and Autosol:

IMG_3465.jpg

Buffed up:

IMG_3467.jpg

Shining up the tyres with some Meguiars Hot Shine and Applicator:

IMG_3468.jpg

The engine bay was already quite clean so it was given a once over with some Aerospace 303 and a Microfibre:

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg

And finally...................................

IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3473.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

PHEW.....................................................

R

Well I'm fairly new into the whole detailing scene, i have slowly progressed from just cleaning to more and more detailing as i've gone on with my car ownership. and i must admit the 350 is the first car that i've really gone all out on. and this is the first time i've ever documented the process. As a newbie Detailer if anyone has any pointers for me with my process or methods i shouldn't be doing i would greatly appreciate it as it means i can improve on where I'm at. i do try and wash the car once a month. i know its not every week, but i don't have the time, but i do try and make sure that when i do it its done well and gives good protection between washes. hence why even when its dirty it still looks quite sparkly.

THE GRATUITOUS DIRTY PICTURES

Dirtypic1.jpg

Dirtypic2.jpg

Dirtypic3.jpg

Dirtypic4.jpg

Dirtypic5.jpg

Dirtypic6.jpg

Dirtypic8.jpg

Dirtypic9.jpg

A lot of the pics don't really show how dirt the car was, i had been away for 2 weeks, and hadn't cleaned her for about 1 month if you look at number 5 and 6 it shows you what the whole car was like. we're on a nearly finished new development and all the building in that area kicks up a lot of dust and when it rains it just clings to the car. The wheels in particular had really got covered in brake dust, and as i was to find out later the car also had specs of tar from the road works round the corner. She was proper filthy, and in desperate need of a proper clean ready for the airfield day tomorrow.

STAGE 1 - THE WASH

I'm still building up my armory of cleaning products and sadly i don't have a snow foam lance so i have to stick to the old fashioned power washer, bucket wool mitt. shampoo wise i like to use Megs NXT car wash, i find it very good as it doesn't strip away the previous wax, and helps build up a good multilayer protection. I also use Megs hot wheels cleaner, but i only do a wheel at a time and leave for 15 secs.

1.jpg

1PW.jpg

1thebucket.jpg

1Wheelcleaner.jpg

I try and make sure that i don't mix dirt with old when it comes to the water so my method is to give the car a good pressure wash first and try and remove as much of the surface rubbish as possible (see next pic)

1Rinsed.jpg

i then get straight in with the wool mit and warm soapy water. i suppose my top tip here is to start at the roof and work down, which should mean i'm not dripping dirty suds over a cleaned area. (see next pic)

1Soaped.jpg

once fully soaped up i then rinse away immediately with the pressure washer. i think some people use a hose or a fresh bucket, but i always like to think the high pressure water removes any particles i might have missed but the soap has helped loosen. (see next pic)

1Water.jpg

The above pic shows it rinsed, i forget to take pics as i did the wheels, but i tend to re soak them with the washer. spray on the foam, count to 15 and then pressure wash off. i don't use it all the time, but this particular time they were very dirty.

STAGE 2 - CLAY TIME

I've not owned the car for a year yet but clayed it around christmas time, and this will be the 2nd claying the car has ever had. i've heard cars should be clayed every 6 months, i don't know if thats true or not, but thats what i've done so far. my weapon of choice is again Megs clay kit.

2claykit.jpg

as you can see its not terribly filthy, but it did work wonders on the tiny tar spots.

2midclay.jpg

i've tried to show a pre clay pic but my photo skills seem to be lacking and it doesn't really show the before and after.

pre clay

2postclay.jpg

post clay

2Preclay.jpg

i then use a clean terries towel to wipe the car down after.

STAGE 3 - POLISH AND WAX

as you can probably tell by now i'm a bit of a megs fan, but i got it all bought for my birthday and christmas present last year for my first venture into the proper world of car cleaning. i must admit its hard work, and my arms are normally knackered by the end of it.

3polishandwax.jpg

i don't normally polish as well, but as i had clayed the car i thought it a worthwhile venture just incase i had picked up any tiny paint scratches. i the megs polish is very good with nissan lacquer, i find the lacquer quite soft and the megs polish is very good and not so much removing layers but more helping push it back over a scratch.

i have some before and afters but again the real test is in the touch, and when i've used this wax it feels like my finger glides over the paintwork as if on a magnetic levitation. it feels so soft, and with the claying the whole surface is like glass.

3postpw1.jpg

3postpw2.jpg

3postpw3.jpg

3postpw4.jpg

3postpw5.jpg

3postpw6.jpg

3postpw7.jpg

3postpw9.jpg

all those pics are after the polish and wax, i hope they show you how much it brings out the color. the car has gone from a shiny grey to almost white with the metal flecks that seem to glisten in the sun. but there is still more to go.

STAGE 4 - TYRE DRESSING

i always like my wheels to have the wet look, but the stuff they use at the hand car wash only lasts a matter of days before wearing off, so i've been using (you might have guessed already) Megs tyre gel.

4Tyres.jpg

This stuff is really good and smells quite tasty, i don't have a special applicator as its on my list of next things to get but i use an old rag, its easy to apply and this stuff lasts for weeks. i have learnt form my first time of using it that you should wipe off as much excess as possible. as i had an incident when it rained not longer after applying that it splattered up the arches. but it wipes off really easy, especially if the car is well waxed.

Pre gel

4pretyregel.jpg

post gel

4posttyregel1.jpg

4posttyregel2.jpg

4posttyregel3.jpg

STAGE 5 -WINDOWS

for me visibility is very important so i already use the PIAA wiper blades but to complement these i also give them a good wipe with some windolene and then buff with a towel, and then finish off with some rainX. i will be trying out the PIAA version but i'll wait till this bottle runs out.

5windows.jpg

5windows1.jpg

5windows2.jpg

i found the best tip with rainex is to apply it and then buff off with a tea towel, now i usually find that it still looks a bit smeary even with a good buff, so i wait till the next morning and with the mist that is usually on the screen and a terry towel is the perfect combo to finish it off and remove the streaks. the rainx is fantastic though, anything over 40 mph and the windows clear themselves, i hardly use my wipers even in torential rain. this stuff is a must have product. its great to watch it in action.

STAGE 6 - EXHAUST

last stage of the exterior and again i don't do this every time, but thought i would give it a buff up. so i use the magic substance that is autosol. it smells a bit ammonias but it works a treat. forgot to take a picture before hand but there is one of the after effect.

6exhaust.jpg

6exhaustfinished.jpg

the reflection is so good you can do your make up in it.

STAGE 7 - SEATS

Moving on to the interior i try and take care of the leather, and one product i've found to be very good (you'll be surprised here as its not a megs product) poor bys leather care.

7Seats.jpg

Pre poor boys

7seatspre.jpg

post poor boys

7seatspost.jpg

again you might not be able to see a huge difference but i find it gives the leather that new car smell again. its very satisfying and keeps the leather supple.

STAGE 8 - DASH

I'm a bit lazy when it comes to some of the interior cleaning and this si possibly an area i need to work on and develop so i use interior wipes. Armorall matt finish dash wipes. possibly not the most professional method, but it does leave the dash in its original matt finish, and avoids all the shiny finish that other products leave.

Before

8interiorpre.jpg

after

8interiorpost.jpg

THE FINISHED ARTICLE

finished1.jpg

finished2.jpg

finished3.jpg

CONCLUSION

time taken - 5 hours

For me detailing is a love hate relationship, i'm not the biggest cleaning fan, but i do like to see the end results, and it is really starting to grow on me, and i am starting to enjoy the process as well as the end results. I'm not sure i have the perfect method and i would always appreciate some guidance from the pros, but for me its the best i've done so far, and my car is always the cleanest and brightest at work. hope you guys like it. (sorry if its a bit long winded) :blush:

I have never done any car detailing before and I always thought a car wash was one of them things you drove through and it does it for you :blush:

So I read the forums and this is my result:

Some pics before I touched it:

BeforeClean1.jpg

BeforeClean2.jpg

BeforeClean3.jpg

BeforeClean4.jpg

BeforeClean5.jpg

I had to buy a foam lance for the pressure washer and some foam. I really don’t think I bought the right stuff as the foam was pants:

Foam1.jpg

I then rinsed the car down:

Rinse1.jpg

Rinse2.jpg

I then washed it with the 2 buckets method. I used Meguiars gold class shampoo and conditioner:

2Buckets1.jpg

2Buckets2.jpg

2Buckets3.jpg

2Buckets4.jpg

2Buckets5.jpg

Once I had dried the car I left it for about half an hour and went for the clay bar. I have never used one before so I was really nervous about my paint. However, as soon as I started to use it I could really feel the difference. The bar would slide over areas I had already done but were really sticky when removing the muck from the paint. I would show you a photo of the mucky clay bar but my lad got hold of the clay before I got chance :

Clay2.jpg

This is the pictures of it after the clay bar:

AfterClay1.jpg

AfterClay2.jpg

AfterClay3.jpg

AfterClay4.jpg

I am pretty tired by know but I persevered and we went through the megiuars 3 step system. So first it was the paint cleaner:

PaintCleaner1.jpg

PaintCleaner2.jpg

PaintCleaner3.jpg

PaintCleaner4.jpg

Then the car polish:

CarPolish2.jpg

CarPolish3.jpg

CarPolish4.jpg

CarPolish5.jpg

CarPolish6.jpg

CarPolish7.jpg

CarPolish8.jpg

Then finally the car wax:

CarWax1.jpg

CarWax4.jpg

I also cleaned the wheels using AutoGlym wheel cleaner and then sealant:

Wheel1.jpg

Wheel2.jpg

Wheel3.jpg

This is my first major clean so I don’t really have any tips. Although I can recommend getting a little helper as it was hard work :)

right guys even though theres been some fantastic entries thought id put mine forward, spent all day doing the car and dint get as much time in the engine bay as as id have liked but here goes :thumbs:

few pre wash photos

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture034.jpg

just a few cleaning products ;) ill not put writing with every picture ill let the pictures tell there own story :thumbs:

Picture035.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture043.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Picture046.jpg

einszett works a wonder to help remove insects

Picture047.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Picture132.jpg

Picture133.jpg

Picture134.jpg

Picture049.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Picture051.jpg

Picture052.jpg

my top tip leaf blower to get in all them nooks and crannies

Picture053.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Picture055.jpg

Picture056.jpg

Picture095.jpg

Picture057.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Picture059.jpg

Picture060.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Picture062.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Picture064.jpg

Picture065.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Picture069.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Picture071.jpg

Picture072.jpg

Picture073.jpg

Picture074.jpg

Picture075.jpg

Picture076.jpg

Picture077.jpg

Picture078.jpg

Picture079.jpg

Picture080.jpg

Picture081.jpg

Picture082.jpg

Picture083.jpg

Picture084.jpg

Picture085.jpg

meguiars all seasons dressing transforms your arches after a good clean

Picture086.jpg

Picture088.jpg

Picture089.jpg

Picture091.jpg

Picture092.jpg

Picture093.jpg

Picture094.jpg

Picture102.jpg

Picture103.jpg

Picture104.jpg

Picture106.jpg

Picture107.jpg

Picture108.jpg

Picture109.jpg

Picture111.jpg

Picture117.jpg

Picture121.jpg

Picture122.jpg

Picture123.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture124.jpg

Picture125.jpg

Picture126.jpg

Picture127.jpg

Picture131.jpg

few finished pics :thumbs:

Picture096.jpg

Picture097.jpg

Picture099.jpg

Picture100.jpg

Picture101.jpg

Picture110.jpg

Picture111.jpg

Picture112.jpg

Picture113.jpg

Picture114.jpg

Picture115.jpg

Picture116.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And the winner is...

Ok, after a break for the hoon etc I am finally in a position to announce the winner of the competition.

It was judged by the Team and Tim from Envy Professional Valeting.

We are pleased to announce that Clarkie34 is the winner of the £50 voucher. Well done Wayne, the finish on the car was outstanding!

We are also delighted to announce a second prize of a £20 voucher which Tim himself judged. The winner of this is rtbiscuit. Well done Rich! Tim felt you had achieved a great result and wanted to reward the effort put in.

So guys, start browsing to pick your prizes! I'm sure Tim will help out with this to ensure you spend the prize vouchers wisely!

img2_mid2.jpg

Congratulations to Wayne on Rich and well done to all the participants.