If you're going to lie..... Make it convincing!!

Danny 350Z

As part of British Forces Germany we are required to abide by certain guidelines, namely Standing Orders British Army (Germany) known as SOBA(G). A part of these orders is the requirement to have continental headlights. So, after alsorts of crazy quotes for headlights from a German Nissan dealership; £2400 for a set of Zenons :mad: I bought a set from our good friend, Adam at A1.... To cut a long story short, the car has been garaged for 6 weeks and polished waxed to death waiting parts. So it's spotless.

I took it to the local garage in Bergen-Belson a mile away for the headlight and rear fog / reverse to be changed. I dropped the car off last night and was a bit dubious about leaving her. They did however keep her in the garage over night :thumbs:

This is where I get to the point of the rant.... I went to the garage at midday today to pick her up. I was paranoid about them taking the bumpers off, leaving them on the ground and scratching them, so I had a good look over before I went in. The car was boiling, ticking (cooling down) and the exhaust was red hot. THE FRONT OF THE CAR IS COVERED IN DEAD SQUISHED FLIES!

Excerpt from conversation with garage:

Danny: Have you had to take the car somewhere different to change or check the lights?

German: No, it's just gone into the garage and out again.

Danny: Oh... Why is it covered in dead flies?

German: They must have got there when you drove it here.

Danny: No, I live a mile away and drove it here at 30kph!

German: You can get dead flies by driving from the carwash (Points to the carwash 20 metres away) :wacko:

Danny: So no one has driven it?

German: No, I assure you!

Danny: (Thinking 'F**k you! and walked out livid shaking my head)!

It MAY have been convincing if my brand new headlights which THEY had fitted weren't covered in dead flies also!

So, it appears one of the mechanics took it for a good ragging before I got there. Tosser!! :rant:

Rant over

When I take mine for its MOT the garage hasnt got the equipment to do the brake test without using a trusty old decelerometer.

He has no choice bot to go out and rag it about a bit :) Gives him a bit of fun on the day, and I also take the company cars / van there and so do other friends and family. Decent chap who knows me well enough to know I dont mind him taking it out and having a bit of fun.

If take it out for a jolly without you knowing and then deny it, then thats not cricket though.

if it had dead flies on the new headlights why didn't you point that out to him. i would have bolloxed him for taking an f'ing liberty. and i would have refused to pay. was there to have lights fitted not my engine ragged. :rant:

if it had dead flies on the new headlights why didn't you point that out to him. i would have bolloxed him for taking an f'ing liberty. and i would have refused to pay. was there to have lights fitted not my engine ragged. :rant:

Ah, this is where i ballsed up. Only noticed said dead flies (fly's - what is the correct plural spelling for winged insects??) on the new lights after I had the original conversation with the employee. I was too pi**ed off to return to be honest.

The pi** taking prats,

I always take a photo of the milage on my moblie phone and make a point of letting the

dealership know that as well, especially after a similar incident happened to my eldest brother, his 300zx twin turbo was thrashed about.

The pi** taking prats,

I always take a photo of the milage on my moblie phone and make a point of letting the

dealership know that as well, especially after a similar incident happened to my eldest brother, his 300zx twin turbo was thrashed about.

Yeah i seen his 300zx on Top Gear and yes the bar studs thrashed it :lol::lol::lol:

As I was driving in to the garage originally, I looked at the mileage but thought I was being a little obsessive by recordng it. My missus always rips me for being a bit weird with the Zed!........... I mean, what's wrong with spending the weekend naked with the Zed in the garage? It's a love only the Zed and I understand :D

The pi** taking prats,

Yeah i seen his 300zx on Top Gear and yes the bar studs thrashed it :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: My sides are splitting, nice one :thumbs:

Well, you could politely ask for some compensation...

...and if they are not forthcoming, you could tell them that you'll be back later to "clean" their forecourt...

...with one of these!!!

trojan410_px.jpg

:lol::lol: Unfortunately i'm no engineer! The best they'd get is a pi**ed off Military Policeman attempting to handcuff a Volkswagon Polo abandoned on their forecourt!

I always take a pic of my mileage before handing the keys over to the dealers. Sorry to hear you've been taken advantage of.

That is a god awful picture RTB. They look like macho extras from the village people/next catalogue!

A few years ago, I put my then company car a Modeo into the local garage for a routine service.

As was the practice I was office bound while the car was being worked on.

At lunch time, I walked with other engineers down to the local pub for a pie and a pint.

What did I find in the pub carpark ? - my car !

Having given the garage my spare key, I still had the original on my keyring.

So I drove the car back to the company, and hid it round the back of the building.

The fun really started when at 3pm I phoned the garage, asked how it was going,

and when could I collect the car.

I managed to keep the conversation going for 10mins before they admitted that my car was lost.

I then gave them a tremendous B****CKING, and told my company what they had done.

Company vehicles were never serviced at that garage again ...

S.

A few years ago, I put my then company car a Modeo into the local garage for a routine service.

As was the practice I was office bound while the car was being worked on.

At lunch time, I walked with other engineers down to the local pub for a pie and a pint.

What did I find in the pub carpark ? - my car !

Having given the garage my spare key, I still had the original on my keyring.

So I drove the car back to the company, and hid it round the back of the building.

The fun really started when at 3pm I phoned the garage, asked how it was going,

and when could I collect the car.

I managed to keep the conversation going for 10mins before they admitted that my car was lost.

I then gave them a tremendous B****CKING, and told my company what they had done.

Company vehicles were never serviced at that garage again ...

S.

genius, well done!

what on earth would he have yammered on about for 10mins before admitting it??

Oh,

I asked to speak to the engineer, then the foreman about a few items I'd requested to be done, like checking the headlights.

Knowing I had the car, I asked in detail how each stage of the work was progressing, and they dug themselves into a bigger and bigger hole !

S.

Oh,

I asked to speak to the engineer, then the foreman about a few items I'd requested to be done, like checking the headlights.

Knowing I had the car, I asked in detail how each stage of the work was progressing, and they dug themselves into a bigger and bigger hole !

S.

that is a total classic! :lol:

report the dealership to Nissan Europe.

Always a good idea to make a note of mileage, ideally a photo when dropping of your car at the dealership

Very smart move. This gives you a time and date stamp on the pic too, very helpful, if someone tries a bluff.

Love Pathfinders story though, brilliant!!!