The forum layout.

I'm a member of quite a few forums but i have to say i find the 350z-uk one difficult to navigate. I'm not here to step on anyones toes or anything but to offer some positive critisism. If you take a look at http://www.fccuk.org/forum for instance i find the layout superb and it is easy to navigate to the relevant section.

Say if i had a problem here i dont really know where ot post, i know we have athe technical section but i think it could do with a general maintenance and technical issues adding to it.

Actually, I would be of the opposite opinion. fccuk.org has 41 separate sections right on the main page, with no grouping into subforums. Whereas here there are only 18 sections to choose from on the main forum list.

Under these 18 sections there are more specific areas where issues can be posted. There is also the modifications section that again is broken down to more specific areas where required.y section

I find the lack of subforums and having every section listed on the opening menu a bit overwhelming if I am honest.

The layout is not my decision alone, and we are always open to sugestions on how things can be changed for the better. With regard to the technical and general maintenance discussions, I think these are covered by the technical and modifications sections we already have though.

PS - topic moved to Suggestions and Feedback ;):lol:

I think this sort of issue is subjective and we'll never please every member with one layout.

+1 as with many things in life its down to personal taste. We can try and please most, which this does, so I dont think it will be changing.

For me at least, and probably a lot of other members, the topic categories dont really matter anyway. We just live off the 'View Unread Posts' button.

And seriously, i've been on quite a lot of forums in my time, and i can honestly say, this one's perfect. :thumbs::thumbs:

changing forums is like changing cars, you have to get used to where all the buttons are. but after a while it becomes second nature.

i always like the FTO forum, never had the car, but came close and spent time on there and found it very well laid out.

this is one of my favourite forums really nice design and great people. but must admit it took me a while to adjust, but thats just life.

one of the things i miss from other forums like MR2ROC is the garage. but like all things its probably one of those things that will come with time.