who'd have thunk it

elecious

:scare: mines at 25.9-26 all the time without too much spirited driving, am i doing something wrong ? :blink:

also my MPG guage dosnt seem to react very quickly is this normal?

(obviously i realise the Mpg's above are fairly exceptional for the zed but is mine around normal?)

Jak

:scare: mines at 25.9-26 all the time without too much spirited driving, am i doing something wrong ? :blink:

also my MPG guage dosnt seem to react very quickly is this normal?

(obviously i realise the Mpg's above are fairly exceptional for the zed but is mine around normal?)

Jak

The MPG gauge is cummulative. It will barely shift until you reset it. Then it goes nuts for a while. Then is settles down again.

26 mpg is pretty good for a Zed especially if you ever take it into traffic. MPG is better on track than in traffic!

I would say i use "spirited driving" very frequently and mine sits at 24-25 and i do alot of in town, its amazing, my old focus st used to drink it in comparison. i did bout 330 miles down from scotland and averaged 32.2mpg :D

ahh ok, was beggining to think my mpg computer was "all outta whack" :lol:

do you reset it using the little button you press and hold to reset the trip computer?

sorry for all the questions, evidently still have much to learn!

Jak

do you reset it using the little button you press and hold to reset the trip computer?

Jak

You push the button that doesn't change the mpg to what ever is next...... I think it's the botton of the two on the left of the dash pod.

Jak

You push the button that doesn't change the mpg to what ever is next...... I think it's the botton of the two on the left of the dash pod.

+1 hold it in for a second or two i think.

I would not trust the mpg meter on the car for the first 5/10 miles. Before that it can be quite eratic and well out. Once you have covered a few miles it starts to settle down and average out. unfortunately the Z just is not capable of giving a semi-real time read-out of your mpg like many other cars can do.