Can a Zed go on a ferry

nicon2k

This weekend i went to the Isle of Wight by ferry.

Since we had need to transport more then 2 people, my girlfriend drove and it was a lucky thing too cos there was no chance of my 350 driving onto that ferry.

The angle of the ramps was so sharp the at best i would have lost my front bumper and prob the exhausts.

I thought this might be to do with the fact that we crossed low tide but we came back at high tide and things were no better.

Has anyone run into any problems taking their cars on ferries?

Its prob worth staying that my car is totally standard.

This weekend i went to the Isle of Wight by ferry.

Since we had need to transport more then 2 people, my girlfriend drove and it was a lucky thing too cos there was no chance of my 350 driving onto that ferry.

The angle of the ramps was so sharp the at best i would have lost my front bumper and prob the exhausts.

I thought this might be to do with the fact that we crossed low tide but we came back at high tide and things were no better.

Has anyone run into any problems taking their cars on ferries?

Its prob worth staying that my car is totally standard.

Mines been on the whitelink to IOW.... Got on there but with the help of the ferry guys!!

Well you are a braver man then I. I would have said there there was no chance of getting the car on there. Did you touch at all?

Oh bugger i'm going to the IOW in my Z in a couple of weeks.

3FiddyZ - When you said they helped you do you mean just guide you on?

Chris :)

I went out at low tide and i really dont think that there is any chance of you getting on from the UK side.

The IOW side isnt so bad tho.

Is that the shuttle as in Le Shuttle?

Though I answered this ... Yes, Le Shuttle. If directed upstaris (first entrance) I always wave and point downwards - so far they've always waved me on to the second, downstairs, entrance.....

On of our skyline cousins wiped out his front lip and oil cooler when directed upstairs a while ago. Luckily he knew a local mechanic who came to the terminal and fixed all the bits so he caught a later shuttle.

Oh bugger i'm going to the IOW in my Z in a couple of weeks.

3FiddyZ - When you said they helped you do you mean just guide you on?

Chris :)

I went out at low tide and i really dont think that there is any chance of you getting on from the UK side.

The IOW side isnt so bad tho.

Doh!! How do I know / find out when the tide is high / low?!! I think the ferry is at 11am!!

Hi, I have a stock Z and had no issues getting on/off the ferry from Portsmouth.

On the way there I was directed to the upper deck and that too was OK until I stopped on the ramp before it was raised to allow access to the lower deck. Didn't fancy leaving things to the handbrake so left the footbrake on until raised!