Noob - Looking for advise on mods

Hi guys....

I've recently bought a 350Z and am looking at mods for it, mainly to do with performance and handling not cosmetic as I will do this later, trouble is im quite new to this and I could do with some advice;

What are the best initial mods to boost Bhp for a reasonable price?

How does the engine react to chipping and when should I chip it?

There are many more questions than this but I will save them, thanks in advance to anyone who helps out.

Unless you have realy deep pockets, don't expect massive power gains. The ECU is rock solid and its difficult to get any substantial power upgrades. You may get the odd 10BHP for different exhaust, but the ECU corrects any mods - if you want silly speeds, your going to be spending thousands on forced induction.

There are LOADS of mods for the zed though. New exhausts, interior and exterior cosmetic changes, new brakes, suspensions - all pretty reasonable considering other vehicles (i.e. a GTR would gobble your wallet up no problem, whereas a zed probably wouldn't for most).

It all depends on what you want you zed to do and your personal taste. Check out some independent traders on here - a good place to start is looking on the adverts on the portal [home] section of the site). :)

Tons of advice here - I'm fairly new myself! :thumbs:

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. :) I have moved this to the intro section so we can all say welcome.

Suggested starting mods ignoring cosmetic and sound improvement ( exhausts and air intakes) would be brake pads and springs/coilovers.

The 350z ecu is said to "learn" and cancel out power increases from basic mods and as yet we have nly a few options for working on the ECU.

Forced induction is pretty expensive although a few have done it. As such, the handling is the best way to improve performance initially IMO :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Just a quick one to say thanks for all the advice and the welcome, appologies for not doing this sooner. I will be modding my Z soon using your advice and will also post some pictures, it is pretty basic at the moment though!

once again thanks for the welcome.