Ronaldo to Real

ab350z

Born and bred Salfordian here and it's a sad day for all of us when we sell our best players to rival European teams but agree the £80 mil is a good price. Considering it's the amount stipulated in the supposed contract clause then Utd had no alternative but to accept the offer and let Ronaldo talk to Madrid. But how many of you believe Utd will get all of that money for transfers and I don't for 1 minute think we will get a lump sum..it will be in installments !! So any talk of buying this player and that player could still be way off the mark :byebye:

But how many of you believe Utd will get all of that money for transfers and I don't for 1 minute think we will get a lump sum..it will be in installments !! So any talk of buying this player and that player could still be way off the mark :byebye:

Very true bud, God knows how much debt Real are in

But it doesn't matter if it's a lump sum or instalments. There are not many big money transfers which are dealt in lump sums, even the £5M-£6M transfers are done by instalments etc.

But if Utd go in to buy some big money players like those mentioned, these will be done via instalments as well...

God knows how much debt Real are in

Probably by the start of the new season they will have spent about £300Mil in player transfers(inc. wages). Coupled with debt they already had then I guess it is huge, but we all know that the spanish government will just right it all off again like they normally do. Talk about clubs being dis-advantaged..should feel a little sorry for the other clubs in la Liga....But I don't :p

But it doesn't matter if it's a lump sum or instalments. There are not many big money transfers which are dealt in lump sums, even the £5M-£6M transfers are done by instalments etc.

But if Utd go in to buy some big money players like those mentioned, these will be done via instalments as well...

Spot on...and it's a bloody big merry-go-round. Can only pay in installments because we are being paid in installments so you can't have the money till we have the money from someone else who in turn is being paid in installments from some other club. On and On. Seems the transfer money doesn't stay in one clubs account for very long before it's being shipped out to service an installment for a previous transfer. :scare:

And they still haven't bought anybody to sort out that dodgy defence....you can buy all the superstars in the world but unless they can play center back they will still have a dodgy defence. But what a hell of an attack force..goals goals goals either end of the pitch. :lol:

Here's my 2pence and I'm a Utd fan,

So....80 million....can it replace 70 goals over 2 seasons?

Talk sport don't seem to think so. Everyone who isn't a Man U fan is saying that it's all about retaining the "best player in the world" not selling to make a profit....68 mill profit cannot replace 70 goals a season. There's only 1 other player who can reproduce something like that in the premier league and that's Torres and his style wouldn't suit utd as he plays out and out and utd play a more team orientated game.

They also seem to think while you probably will get him you'll be paying over the odds for Ribery as Bayern know how much money you've got to spend. Tevez might still be going to City as that deal is almost done and Benzima isn't premiership proven... Between the 3 of them they still probably won't get the 70 goals that Ronaldo supplied....

Hmmmmm.........

Sergio Ramos is their only decent defender now that Cannarvo has left...........Marcelino is never a left back, Pepe is just a whinger and Metzelder is dire......

In four years that Beckham (with the other Galatico's et al) was there they only won the league once, right on the last game of the season........I would have £20 with anyone that they will still win bugger all next season...........

• 9 months later...

To go to one of the most unstable clubs known to man!

Its one thing wanting to play for a club but I think he thought he was going to swan in there as the great messiah and save the ailing club. He's a great player but a total knob for leaving United. And crashing his 599 :lol:

United are doing fine without him.I know Valencia does not score as many goals but he is setting up Rooney to score for practice.

+1 They are looking a lot more dangerous without him. It was the same when Van Nistelrooy left

Valencia has only really came to form recently though, Rooney is the obvious shining light. Its no coincidence that the upturn in Valcenia's form directly correclates to Rooney's.

I just want Ronaldo to fail miserably for being a dick thinking he was bigger than Man United and that he thought he knew better.

Still think they are relying to much on Rooney though.Berbatov has been an absolute bag of crap this season.Just hope it's a settling in thing but I doubt it,just seems like a lazy git.

Plus England think Rooney can carry them on his own,they will be sadly mistaken.Every team will be out to wind him up knowing his temprement.