New to the wonderful world of 350z.

Hi, I am completely new to the world of the 350Z. I have lusted after one since i saw it on Top Gear. I have now persuaded "She who must be obeyed" that we should get one. I had a test drive yesterday at the local franchied dealer. Now i absolutely have to have one. (My daughter has decided that i am having a mid life crisis!!)

I dont want to spend more than £13K. Having looked at the various internet boards, autotrader etc, it appears there is a massive variation in price for what appears to be very similar spec cars with similar miles, Why??

My local dealer wanted 15K for a 2005 GT pack but i have seen them for as little as 11K (not imports)

I have seen reference to a buyers guide on this forum but i could not seem to find it.

All help very gratefully received.

I live approx 30 miles due north of central london. Are there any groups that meet in Herts / Beds?

Thanks

Geoff

Hi Guys Thanks for the welcome. There appears to be some very goo d cars available at around the 13k price but i am not sure what to look for. I have previously driven land rovers / Range rovers and know what to look for but i havnet got a clue with a Z.

i am in no hurry. I have seen a couple that look interesting so i might go have a look at the weekend.

All advice welcome

Geoff

Hey Geoff,

As a short overview you can get the:

03-06 models which are 276BHP

06-07 models which are generally the revup facelift models at 296BHP

07 onwards which have the 313BHP new duel air intake fancypant engines

All of these models you can buy with or without the GT pack. The facelift model also brings with it a few changes like rear LED lights amongst a few other subtle changes. There are also JDM cars which can be found at very reasonable prices just now. Powerwise there is very little difference between the cars so its really down to the spec, age, condition and milage you feel comfortable with.

Read the buying guide on here - it will tell you all you need to know! :thumbs:

Hi and welcome :bye: Normally a few meets all around. We are in Surrey and have a mod day meet on 20/21st June which you are more than welcome to join us for. Should be about 18 cars Saturday and 12 on Sunday at least. Chance for a chat and look see what everyone has got. PM me for address if you aren't too far away.

Hello Geoff,

You will love the Z!

Keep an eye on Autotrader. Good ones are out there! I brought the first one i looked at!!

Maindealer in my area were asking much more than similar cars so i took advantage of their testdrive only.

Thanks for the welcome. I plan to start looking seriously at the weekend :D . I still dont understand the huge variation in price for cars with the same spec and very similar miles.

I still have one problem with the other half. How do i pack enough in for a weeks holiday?? All suggestions gratefully received

Geoff

Thanks for the welcome. I plan to start looking seriously at the weekend :D . I still dont understand the huge variation in price for cars with the same spec and very similar miles.

I still have one problem with the other half. How do i pack enough in for a weeks holiday?? All suggestions gratefully received

Geoff

NO problem!

I did a week touring the Highlands. Two cases under the strut bar with other stuff packed in the side. That was with a tonneau cover in place. I think the GF put some stuff in the front part of the boot on the way home but there was plenty of room for it in the back.

Did I mention my GF has a handbag AND shoe fettish!!!! :lol::lol: