AEM induction fitted!

LRF4N

as u know iv done plenty of mods to the outside of the car and a coulpe inside.... thought it was time to give the engine bay some bling! went for the AEM kit as recommended by plenty of ppl on here and the noise is amazing :teeth:

also fitted the carbon fibre engine cover with a subtle vinyl from rtbiscuit

heres a question tho- everyone says that power gains are cancelled out by the ecu but i can say for certain that the car is much more responsive! :teeth: not that im complaining lol but explanation anyone??

08062009098.jpg

lol it will prob feel as slow as the brown stuff now iv posted it but there was a def improvement after it was fitted. the noise is amazing...bring on the clyde tunnel!

Its all that noise making you think you are going faster Irfan :lol:

You'll be supprised how much that fools you!

It takes a while for the ECU to trim out the gains, but it will. Also heat soak is quite an issue with these open cones, something I didnt appreciate fully until I got my car dyno'd. Intake temps are much higher on the dyno, but I still made stock power all the same. Dont know if that means I get more power on the road or if the Zed truely does tune the power it gives you. Dont think anyone really has the answer :surrender:

yeah it uses the same clip but clips into the pipe just on the side we cant see. I have the long version of this on my car and I love it.

Glad you are enjoying it mate!!

Just out of interest does anyone know if I would be better putting mine on the short kit like in this thread now that I have an air duct in my new front bumper? Or is it generally colder down lower anyway?

yeah it uses the same clip but clips into the pipe just on the side we cant see. I have the long version of this on my car and I love it.

Just out of interest does anyone know if I would be better putting mine on the short kit like in this thread now that I have an air duct in my new front bumper? Or is it generally colder down lower anyway?

Leave it where is is mate, its better there, but happy for you to try my typhoon on there to see if there is a difference as I wanted to try out a long tube!

Leave it where is is mate, its better there, but happy for you to try my typhoon on there to see if there is a difference as I wanted to try out a long tube!

We could trade for a week and review if you want Mark?

50/50 I would say. Short ram gives shorter intake tract, but gives more heat soak. Longer means the car has to suck harder to get air, but the pay off is much colder air and less heatsoak. When moving, short ram would be better (slightly) but when stop starting, long would be better. If you have an OBD reader, you could play with both and see what difference it makes. On any other car, you might expect intake temps and aiflow (CFM) to change, but as the Zed is FBW, I expect all you will see change is the intake temps :thumbs:

We could trade for a week and review if you want Mark?

yeh cool, my camp2 can record intake temps and flows so would be an interesting test!

50/50 I would say. Short ram gives shorter intake tract, but gives more heat soak. Longer means the car has to suck harder to get air, but the pay off is much colder air and less heatsoak. When moving, short ram would be better (slightly) but when stop starting, long would be better. If you have an OBD reader, you could play with both and see what difference it makes. On any other car, you might expect intake temps and aiflow (CFM) to change, but as the Zed is FBW, I expect all you will see change is the intake temps :thumbs:

Would the air not heat up anyway as it travel up the pipe? So although the air coming in at the filter is much colder, as the pipe is sitting in prime location in the engine bay for heatsoak, it heats up the air travelling up it?

point is that the air is dense when it comes in, it may heat but it will travel too quick to make a difference under load. pipe should also be heat resistant or at least shouldnt retain heat so the colder the air the better it equals out.

I have heard of drag cars using ice or dry ice around the airbox to create denser air buy cooling the heatsheilds / inlets