Where to self hand car wash?

zDan

Hi all

I am getting terribly frustrated with finding a place where I can do a proper hand wash our Zed. Trouble is, we live in a flat and i can't do a proper job in the communal parking lot - for lots of reasons. So what can I do? I'm not happy either with the supermarket car washes or those hand car washing places where a bunch of guys finish your car in 2 minutes... There's nothing like doing it yourself - but where? The are some self-hand wash places around, where you get a pressure wash hose and a dirty broom with some kind of soap coming out of it... How is one to use it's own shampoo or wax there? I guess a pro valet would give the best results, but that's not something to afford on a regular basis...

Well, enough ranting... anyone has the same problem? What do you do?

Any suggestions appreciated...

That would be cool to have detailing meets.

Only just yesterday did I wash the neighbours Audi.

Her car was dirty and since I had the stuff out for my car I offered to do hers.

You tart :p

He's a Slut actually Keith :lol: You could have used our drive too if you lived near us. :bye:

Her car was dirty and since I had the stuff out for my car I offered to do hers.

hmmm im guessing there was a alternative motive bullet ;)

Hi all

I am getting terribly frustrated with finding a place where I can do a proper hand wash our Zed. Trouble is, we live in a flat and i can't do a proper job in the communal parking lot - for lots of reasons. So what can I do? I'm not happy either with the supermarket car washes or those hand car washing places where a bunch of guys finish your car in 2 minutes... There's nothing like doing it yourself - but where? The are some self-hand wash places around, where you get a pressure wash hose and a dirty broom with some kind of soap coming out of it... How is one to use it's own shampoo or wax there? I guess a pro valet would give the best results, but that's not something to afford on a regular basis...

Well, enough ranting... anyone has the same problem? What do you do?

Any suggestions appreciated...

I used to live in a flat and have this problem too. What I used to do is go round my moms, clean the cars with a mate or use the work car park. There isn't a fat lot else you can do other than use an Albanian hand 'grit' car wash.

I used to live in a flat and have this problem too. What I used to do is go round my moms, clean the cars with a mate or use the work car park. There isn't a fat lot else you can do other than use an Albanian hand 'grit' car wash.

I was afraid of that answer... Sadly getting to my folks would involve crossing a few borders so driving there for a car wash might be a bit of a stretch.

Thanks Nixy for the offer, as much as I'd like the Z polished, the whole thing may be a bit much to impose...

I guess I'll have to get by doing bits and bobs here and there. Or maybe get a house :D

BTW, is it worth cleaning the inside of the alloys? Do you take the wheels off for that?

BTW, is it worth cleaning the inside of the alloys? Do you take the wheels off for that?

You could use a wheelbrush fro either Meguiars or Vikan, gets nicely into the wheels without having to take them off.

Was amazed how clean I managed to get the insides.

hmmm im guessing there was a alternative motive bullet ;)

Well, she lives across the street from me.

She is married and has children, so no alternative motives there.

Just pure neighbourly behaviour.

Although she's a MILF and she personally told me that her hubby only has half a set of balls a regular man has.....

I feel your pain zdan.

If I were in your shoes I would be tempted to find a friendly petrol station with a jet wash.

Explain your predicament to the hopefully friendly person on the till and see if they would let you bring a bucket and mitt when it's quiet and shampoo your zed in a corner inbetween using the jetwash for prewash and rinse.

Some systems let you buy time so you could just choose water pressure rinse, then shampoo with your gear and then rinse again. If not just choose the pressure wash and rinse before and after your shampoo.

I'd even be tempted to offer a couple of quid tip for the privaledge.

If you ask nicely and don't take it personal if the attendant refuses I can't see any harm and you're bound to find someone that'll agree somewhere....I hope.

GOOD LUCK :bye:

PS In the past when I've HAD TO use the jetwash, I spent my first pressure wash and rinse token using the lance to clean the brush then did the zed with the 2nd token.

I suppose you could (very gently)try this also and check if you are inflicting damage afterwards. If OK this could be your most hastle free option.

I can empathise, I live in a flat on the 2nd floor (close to the city centre). My solution is to connect a hose onto the kitchen sink and then drop it out the window onto the street. I get some funny looks on a Sunday morning :blush:

I can empathise, I live in a flat on the 2nd floor (close to the city centre). My solution is to connect a hose onto the kitchen sink and then drop it out the window onto the street. I get some funny looks on a Sunday morning :blush:

Give me a shout if you ever want to use my pad. Not too far from the city.