Alpine iXA-W404R

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:welcome:

If you had a proper double din facia adapter for the correct year of the car you shouldnt have any issues.

SOmeone with more ICE techyness will be along soon.

:welcome:

If you had a proper double din facia adapter for the correct year of the car you shouldnt have any issues.

SOmeone with more ICE techyness will be along soon.

I tried both the supplied Alpine facia and the double dinn from Sextons. Alpine doesn't fit at all and the sexton one has a gap top and bottom.

I don't really mind that much, sound is all I want! B)

Hey - i've been looking at this one myself (looks great!) - got a couple of questions if anyone can help - sorry if its been answered elsewhere

1. Seems i will be able to control this via the steering controls with the correct lead installed?

2. Seems i need the correct double din facia adapter for this? Are these easy to source?

3. I assume this can connect straight into the BOSE system? Any issues with this?

4. I'm guessing the best place for the ipod is in the arm rest cubby?

Cheers

James

1. Seems i will be able to control this via the steering controls with the correct lead installed? Yes with the right loom

2. Seems i need the correct double din facia adapter for this? Are these easy to source? Yes quite few suppliers

3. I assume this can connect straight into the BOSE system? Any issues with this? Not really - depending on the loom can sometimes be quieter but this can be sorted

4. I'm guessing the best place for the ipod is in the arm rest cubby? yes

For loom/facia thoughts take a look at viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16403

Looking at the options seems they do a bluetooth adapter for this (although reports are its not that good - can anyone confirm this? echo problems im reading) - would this be controlled through the steering wheel the same way as it current works?

Ok i've done a bit more research on this - thought i'd post my findings for anyone else if they needed to know.

The steering wheel answer controls cannot be used, also the mic needs replacing (although this comes with the BT400 kit). Calls are then answered on the touch screen display of the alpine - i'm told by a few installers quality is excellent

Looks like my first new purchase is ready to go :)