Alpine iXA-W404R

Yup as you say answer buttons do not work. AFAIK there is no aftermarket car kit that will use the factory buttons. Only the factory stereo buttons can be used with aftermarket stereos.

Its 'probably' possible with a bit of wiring but not a un-plug:plug job thats for sure

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok i've done a bit more research on this - thought i'd post my findings for anyone else if they needed to know.

The steering wheel answer controls cannot be used, also the mic needs replacing (although this comes with the BT400 kit). Calls are then answered on the touch screen display of the alpine - i'm told by a few installers quality is excellent

Looks like my first new purchase is ready to go :)

Hey jtec,

I'm really interested to see how you get on with this as I'm interested in this unit aswell. Keep us informed and I'd really like to see some pics after you've got it installed - interested to see if it can go in without any gaps between the dash and the unit.

You going to install yourself?

Hey mate - its all ordered - i'm having it fitted next week - not going to attempt this myself - there's an audio place just down the road from me here doing it for £75 (more than happy to pay that for a pro job).

I've ordered the fascia so it should be a snug fit - i'm a bit of a perfectionist so if its not perfect i won't be happy :)

Soon as its done i'll post up some pics - i've ordered the bluetooth adapter too so will report on the quality...

Can't wait! :clap:

I haven't had a chance to get mine sorted yet! Only today I'm picking up my Z from the garage! :S I should be taking it back to the audio shop some time this week to get it corrected!

I'll be very interested to see the Photos Jtec! I'm the same when it comes to perfection and i hate the thought of having the gaps at the top and bottom! Good luck!

Just come back from the fitters and they've done a grand job - cost a little more than i was expecting - seems they had to do a bit of facia modding to get a snug fit - the headunit sounds great - works nicely with the ipod and iphone. Great clear sound too with a good volume - overall very impressed!

Here's some pics of the results:

350-3.jpg

350-1.jpg

350-2.jpg

350-4.jpg

Rob - yeah its a little complex - had to check the manual for a few things but I'm sure after a couple of uses it'll be fine. I think they had to file down parts of the facia to make it sit snugly in (behind rather than front) - didn't give me a whole load of detail about it and i was too excited to grill them further :)

This is the pre-06 facia you'll need

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/ict/p~50-256.html?cat=0

thanks for that. Now, that's just the facia, do I need any of the other fittings that are shown on the post 06 version?

Sorry for being such a noob but I don't want to buy everything and then can't have it fitted because something is missing!

Cheers

Right guys, mine has come back and its looking good!! photo was taken with iphone so excuse the quality :)

Now for my next question!! I'm having trouble with finding a good sound setting! Can anyone help me here?

What did they do to fix the gaps? Did they use a different fascia?