Lasered Gear Knobs etc

kta

Not bad at all, take the gear gaiter off, get yourself a couple of molegrips. one on the base of the gear stick and one on the gear knob making sure you got suitable protection between the grips and the material and twist. Just make sure not to put pressure on the base as it will turn in the gear box and can cause damage.

Yes so long as you're careful you should be able to get the gearknob off ok, and then fitting the new one is easy as it just screws back on.

Though considering I test everyone i make on my car to check fit then i'm pretty sure my gearshaft is going to snap one day! :wacko:

• 1 month later...
I Must be incredibly thick because I cant seem to PM you, and I want to purchase one of you lazer engraved gear shifters.

Can you contact me please

Thanks Russ

You will be able to pm after 5 quality posts and your posts have to be first be approved before they appear as us mods are not on here 24/7 that may take a little while to happen :thumbs:

I am pming kta for you, so he sees your post asap. ;)

I Must be incredibly thick because I cant seem to PM you, and I want to purchase one of you lazer engraved gear shifters.

Can you contact me please

Thanks Russ

PM sent :teeth: ( thanks for the pm Colin)

Hi Mark

Im getting the right hump with this forum, i cant even reply to your pm.....useless!!! can you email me here so I can order one please tank@planetacetate.com

Regards

Russ

It's because your first 5 posts have to be approved.

We had been having a very large amount of spam posters,after 5 post,all will be OK.

Chris

how many more do I need, cmon guys I really want one of these

If you read the replies, you need 5 posts before it will auto approve. Really not very difficult to get if you put up a Introduction thread and tell us about you/your car ;):thumbs:

I just dont have the time

:shrug:

No offence, but you have the time to sign up and use our contacts to get a good deal, but you dont have the time to say hello and be part of the forum? :thumbdown:

:doh: "Some men you just cant reach" :lol:

Thats fine, just take your time and chill, no need to rush. We have the 5 post rule to deter people who only want to use our contacts to get a good deal (as we can often get parts much cheaper than you can at Nissan dealerships), then sod off never to be heard of again. As you can imagine in a free online community thats not very productive. I can see you're making an effort to contribute though so its all good :)

Hi

Dont be to harsh, all I wanted was to buy a gear knob, but since then ive posted quite a few things, even one about the stock Bose Sub, Im just at work thats all and it was difficult to get away with posting on forums

I am sure you will be ok now that you have 7 posts. :)

I purchased a genuine Nismo gear knob from a trader on here just over 4 weeks ago. Despite it being a perfect fit and much better than the OEM knob I just found the whole thing a little to small and uncomfortable in the hand. I had read a few things about the Nismo Titanium version and liked the fact it was a little chunkier and heavier with a more rounded top. Not wanting to spend the £150 ish that was being asked from most of the sites I looked at, I decided to contact William (kta)

I explained what I was after, the thickness, rounded top, laser engraved 350z and he agreed to give it a go for me.

The new gearknob arrived on Friday and I fitted it straight away. It is exactly what I was looking for. Wider and rounder than the standard Nismo with more weight to it aswell. Looks pretty cool in the brushed aluminimum and matches the interior well.

I would like to thank William for making this one off design for me (wait, hold on, he is now selling them!! lol) He has been brilliant from start to finish, keeping me informed of progress and working to my needs. Here are a couple of pictures of it fitted:

Gear3.jpg

Gear2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...